Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 08:07 PM

766 posts, read 1,659,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Do you have to actually recommend him? I mean, is there any way he can find out if you don't?
Yeah, he will know if I don't. Once I recommend him he will get the link to apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessat32 View Post
You could always text him and say you checked over the policy and blah blah ... you cant recommend him. see if he disappears or not....
I could probably come up with something to say. At this point I just hate I ever said I would. Not like I can take it back.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:15 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
The truth?

"I thought it over and I'm not comfortable with recommending someone whose work I don't know"

Old 04-01-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
The truth?

"I thought it over and I'm not comfortable with recommending someone whose work I don't know"
Honesty is the best policy. That's the what I need to do.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:19 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Live and learn, darling. Don't do that again.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:26 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,786 times
My opinion is that I've wasted too much time dating for love when I could have been dating for references....

Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 PM

Well I felt horrible, but I just texted it and honesty was the best policy. I guess we'll see what happens.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:36 PM

He said it's cool.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
So I ended up meeting a guy at Starbucks last night. This is the last guy I met from POF. I thought overall it went well. We ended up meeting at 9:00 last night. He gave me a nice hug and we ended up getting drinks and talking until they closed at 10:00. I knew him immediately from his pictures. He looked pretty much the same in person. Maybe not quite as cute. We are the same height, which I already know. I wasn't immediately just boom attracted to him, but once we started talking I really liked him a lot more. We have a lot in common and he's very funny. We were talking about a lot of stuff we both like to do and saying we should do something together. At 10:00, the barista comes up and tells us that they are closing.

We got to the parking lot and we ended it with a hug. It wasn't even as good a hug as when we initially greeted so then he says he's got to run to work. He literally works 5 minutes okay and he didn't have to be there until 11:00.

I ended up overall thinking the date went well. Other than the hug, at the end I thought it went pretty well. I wanted to hear from him again, but I was really okay with it either way. We already discussed how with online dating/dating people sometimes won't tell someone it doesn't work, they'll just not call or answer the phone. He said he's honest with women and upfront (part of being an adult) and I agreed.

So, this morning he texts me about 10:00 and we chat for a little while. Then he texts me again around 5:00. The last time we texts me was at like 7:00 tonight. He tells me that we found a job he wants to apply for one the website for my company. So, let me back up...We were talking about work last night and he said he's applied before. I told him well let me know before you apply and I will recommend you. So, when he texts me the last time he tells me he found a job on the website. I jokingly said what do I get if I get you hired and he goes "a big hug and the referral bonus...

So, then I start to wonder did he just text me to get my referral. I would take it back if I could. I really wasn't thinking when I offered the referral. Everything at the same going good and usually when people I know are going to apply I offer the referral for the referral bonus. He has a great background that is aligned with my company. If he does get it we would be on opposite ends of campus.

I don't know. I am still trying to get adjusted to this whole online dating thing. Literally right after he texted me I saw he was on the site. I wasn't even logging in to look I was showing something to one of my friends and just noticed. It's not a big deal I know since I will be checking my account too. It's just weird.

Opinions??
He may have texted you for assistance, but so what? The economy is very weak right now and it's foolish not to make use of any and all available resources. You can walk back your referral by saying what others suggested; that you thought it over and don't feel comfortable referring someone whose work you're not familiar with.

Please stop paying attention to when other people on dating sites are and are not logged in.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
Well I felt horrible, but I just texted it and honesty was the best policy. I guess we'll see what happens.
Fili is right. It's better to do it the straightforward way.

Now you can move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships