Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:46 PM

39,368 posts, read 27,759,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
Well, I can see some instances where justifying is understandable. But with height, the justification (something other than just mere preference) doesn't make sense most of the time.
I said "it is what it is, I like tall men" I don't need to justify it at all whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 12:50 PM

803 posts, read 1,672,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I said "it is what it is, I like tall men" I don't need to justify it at all whatsoever.
You mentioned your male family members are tall, and I misinterpreted that part of your post. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
You mentioned your male family members are tall, and I misinterpreted that part of your post. Sorry for the confusion.
That's fine. No worries.

I do prefer tall men, but I don't believe short men are less than desirable. There are somebody for everybody out there. Op shouldn't get discouraged.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:00 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,172,698 times
I'm so glad I'm 6'0, one less thing I have to worry about.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:06 PM

338 posts, read 742,421 times
What about this:

https://twitter.com/expsnghghtsm

I'm honestly surprised people haven't trolled the **** out of the people on that account.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:07 PM

80 posts, read 219,443 times
Quote:
I see this a lot. "My dad/brothers/uncles are tall so blah blah blah". Why can't you two just state you prefer tall men (or feel most attracted to them), and leave it at that, instead of attempting to justify it like most women do?
Uhhh not trying to justify it just explaining why I like what I like. I like tall men, it is what it is. Nothing wrong with explaining why I think that is. Sheesh someones got a chip on their shoulder.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:12 PM

5,325 posts, read 6,117,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornsfan87 View Post
What about this:

https://twitter.com/expsnghghtsm

I'm honestly surprised people haven't trolled the **** out of the people on that account.
I get that most women arent attracted to short men but why such disdain? you hate someone because you dont find them attractive?

Pepel say men are shallow pigs i think women are worse imo they have much stricter standards to what they find attractive then vice versa..

Old 04-04-2013, 01:17 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,634,265 times
Let's not pretend it's this or that. Women like tall men exclusively because of the "image" they see with their children being tall. This is very very true. Same is about the myth how people don't prefer to pick people of their own skin color or certain other preferences.
And then check out that thousands of careerwomen in their 40s have done artificial insemination. Vast majority of men were 180-190 cm group. All of women picked their own race. This is especially obvious for black women, who are often faced with shortage of donors because all women undergoing treatment are almost exclusively white women and clinics are forced to give contest in search for black donor, because most clinics screen out all other donors other than specific races of their clients. Many women also have specific requirements regarding hair or eye color as well, even education, etc. Screening for genetic diseases and sperm quality comes after only about 1% of population can apply anyways.
But most important feature is height. It's even a "cut-off" requirement for donors, even though it plays no role at all. There is no logical explanation for this other than woman's desire to have taller children, since sperm donor won't be around and he won't contribute to either raising his children OR financially support them. Let's just stop lying each other.

This is also very important for men to know, not to discourage shorter men, because they CAN succeed with their other skills (most notably money and social skills). It is important because media are deliberately SHAMING men for picking younger women, while the media promotes hilariously stupid relationships involving women over 35 y/o mark dating much younger men and claiming that this is "new trend"... yeah sure. Especially if you ever plan to have children. Brainwashing at its best.
Men don't need to make excuses why 18-24 age group woman is at her prime for their taste when it comes for long-term relationship. Financially secure women in a 35+ y/o age just as high miscarriage rates and stillbirth rates than pregnant drug addicts in their teens and 20s. They also have exponential costs regarding pregnancy treatments in general, and on top of all, chances of genetic diseases increase rapidly, ESPECIALLY when first-born children are taken into account. Not to talk about "unexplained fertility" problems.

Both groups (older women and shorter men) can succeed to find their mate. But they need to know that they need to bring something/much more than the equivalent person of taller stature or younger age. So please, stop with the "my uncle is tall and so are my brothers" excuses, and stop with making excuses about "older women are ugly". First of all, women aren't going to allow their brothers to tell them who to marry, and men know very well that makeup can extend woman's beauty looks way after 30 year mark. When you use such excuse you are sounding very lame.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
Let's not pretend it's this or that. Women like tall men exclusively because of the "image" they see with their children being tall. This is very very true. Se.

This is very very untrue.
I like (prefer) taller men simply because I found taller men to be more physically attractive. I NEVER thought about future children's height, never crossed my mind. Maybe I have a simple mind or maybe my taste in men is solely influenced by hormones.

Not all women pick a future date based upon "future children." I don't choose a boyfriend based on a future imaginary little person. THAT Is LAME!

I just love long legs.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:05 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,634,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
[/b]

This is very very untrue.
I like (prefer) taller men simply because I found taller men to be more physically attractive. I NEVER thought about future children's height, never crossed my mind. Maybe I have a simple mind or maybe my taste in men is solely influenced by hormones.

Not all women pick a future date based upon "future children." I don't choose a boyfriend based on a future imaginary little person. THAT Is LAME!

I just love long legs.
Like I said. This trend should have nothing in common when it comes to sperm donors. Yet after ages and ages of explicit demands since 80s, just within few years all clinics made list of requirements to accommodate demand of their clients. Don't tell me that thousands of women are finding taller man's sperm more physically attractive, and this trend goes on for decades already.

Let's be clear now. There are also interracial dates and children. But clients demand exclusively their race and even ethnicity (when you have specific countries). I never said it's exclusive and you'll have men marrying women over 35 y/o and have children with them, and you'll also have women marrying shorter men and have children with them.... but when they are given the choice and all other things are excluded, they show clear REQUIREMENT (not preference). People don't want to admit it, but they have list of criteria by which they make choices. This is why I said it explicitly - if a man is shorter, he should be much better in social aspect or be wealthier than the taller guy of other similar characteristics, and so on. Same logic applies for older women. Something else needs to recompensate the "shortcoming(s)".
Some criteria are more of a preference, some criteria are requirements, most are somewhere between those two extremes and other factors play into the equation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships