Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 04:17 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,896,696 times

Advertisements

If a 5'3 woman has a hard time dating, it's not because of her height.

"Man, that girl is awesome, but she's too short" - said no man I've ever met in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 PM

864 posts, read 1,457,713 times
It seems like you just have to focus on girls who are shorter than you if you are stressing about it that much...and there are a lot of girls 5'3" and under. And yes, you may continue to grow. Don't give up...chin up!

Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,171,705 times
Seriously, another one of these threads?

To some it matters, some it doesn't.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:34 PM

5 posts, read 4,919 times
A lot of girls find short men to be cute. While being 'cute' may not be what ur going for, couple it with a good personality, a good attitude, being kind, and sprinkle in a sense of humor, and u'll be surprised how far that can take you

Old 04-04-2013, 04:40 PM

5 posts, read 4,919 times
You can always grab a pair or two of shoes that have risers in the sole. Call it cheating if u will. But if u can swallow your pride it will add an inch or two to your height

Old 04-04-2013, 06:07 PM

39,331 posts, read 27,714,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
People don't want to admit it, but they have list of criteria by which they make choices. This is why I said it explicitly - if a man is shorter, he should be much better in social aspect or be wealthier than the taller guy of other similar characteristics, and so on. Same logic applies for older women. Something else needs to recompensate the "shortcoming(s)".
Some criteria are more of a preference, some criteria are requirements, most are somewhere between those two extremes and other factors play into the equation.
If you consider normal aging as shortcoming, I really have nothing valuable to add. It is rather sad in my most humble opinion.

I simply do not understand the logic why a woman who is over 35 years old has to make up for her "shortcoming". What is the point to get married anyway if she has to make up for something she has absolutely no control over. Normal aging is not the women's fault.

I am in my late 20s right now, in several years, I would be 35 years old. I can hardly see why would I all of sudden become a completely different person in several years. If men start judging me simply because I age normally then sorry to say, these men are not for me either.

I've always dated decent men. I have been a struggling starving artist until four years ago. One of my ex (the lawyer) has supported me financially and never asked anything in return. The other ex has sold some of his stocks in order to fund my new company. When my first ex passed away, I set up a trust fund for his five year old daughter; I went to chemotherapy ward every single Monday to show moral support to my second ex when he was diagnosed with tumor. To me, they both are perfect man, they both are perfect. They don't need to "make up" to me because they have issues or baggage. (for lack of better word)

When I get older, I certainly will not make up for my shortcomings in order to land myself a shallow man.

I don't find short men to be physically attractive, but I believe they are equally desirable to a lot of other women. I have never known any short men have troubles finding beautiful women to date. They have nothing to make up for, they don't owe anybody anything, same logic applies to older women.

Your logic is rather sad. For your own sake, I hope your future wife will never see the post you just made.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:39 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,632,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If you consider normal aging as shortcoming, I really have nothing valuable to add. It is rather sad in my most humble opinion.

I simply do not understand the logic why a woman who is over 35 years old has to make up for her "shortcoming". What is the point to get married anyway if she has to make up for something she has absolutely no control over. Normal aging is not the women's fault.

I am in my late 20s right now, in several years, I would be 35 years old. I can hardly see why would I all of sudden become a completely different person in several years. If men start judging me simply because I age normally then sorry to say, these men are not for me either.

I've always dated decent men. I have been a struggling starving artist until four years ago. One of my ex (the lawyer) has supported me financially and never asked anything in return. The other ex has sold some of his stocks in order to fund my new company. When my first ex passed away, I set up a trust fund for his five year old daughter; I went to chemotherapy ward every single Monday to show moral support to my second ex when he was diagnosed with tumor. To me, they both are perfect man, they both are perfect. They don't need to "make up" to me because they have issues or baggage. (for lack of better word)

When I get older, I certainly will not make up for my shortcomings in order to land myself a shallow man.

I don't find short men to be physically attractive, but I believe they are equally desirable to a lot of other women. I have never known any short men have troubles finding beautiful women to date. They have nothing to make up for, they don't owe anybody anything, same logic applies to older women.

Your logic is rather sad. For your own sake, I hope your future wife will never see the post you just made.
This is a subtle shaming tactic to imply that I'm indecent for stating my clear preference to date younger women and a clear requirement that women in their late 30s and 40s are getting no pass with me.
Some guys always fall for emotional traps because they are emotionally FORCED into something they would genuinely not want to initiate. You obviously think this is completely legitimate as long as it suits you. Age does play a role as long as the man wants to have his own biological children. It slowly becomes a preference at some point, then it becomes an eliminatory factor at other point of woman's age. Unlike what you may think, having biological children is NOT only about woman's desire, it's about man's desire as well.

Let's switch the roles. Imagine if you're the man and you face a woman in her late 30s or 40s, but you plan to have children on your own. Don't answer it on forum, keep the answer for yourself, but just think about it. I've already said why woman's age slowly evolves from non-issue (e.g. 20 y/o) to a preference (e.g. around 30 y/o) and to a screening option on dating sites (e.g. 40 y/o), and why you'll RARELY find a guy seeking for a serious relationship with an old woman if he's not forced into it this-way-or-that-way. When a guy chooses older, less attractive woman, that could even be overlooked, especially if she's successful (funnily, if a woman is successful in her late age, she has completely different picture and she thinks that nobody else should have any objection to her age). But to overlook the seriousness of woman's age if a guy plans to conceive a child is just too much.

Imagine the fact that a guy requires 1-2 years of relationship prior to marriage/trying to concieve with you, then about another year for a child - you need to add at least 3 more years if you're not going to rush him, if no infertility problems occur. Why would he thus involve with a 30 y/o if he has other options, that makes no sense. This is called preference. And it becomes requirement when people deliberately screen you out as a potential long-term relationship, regardless of your other qualities. I don't care if it insults you, I'm just blunt about the obvious fact. It's much more influential, definitely, than the "height factor", which generally has no effect on health of children, woman's pregnancy, miscarriages & stillbirths, trouble & costs to treat various "unknown" infertility factors, etc. It is a preference as long as the age of woman isn't reaching critical stage. Believe me, "looks" factor is the only one equivalent to height, just like age is, until that critical age. And even "below average looking" woman (whatever that meant) can use makeup to look younger and better even in her 40s, so it's obviously NOT about the looks for many serious proposers, regardless of their supposed excuse.

Bottom line - yes, anyone thinking that age for woman and height for a man aren't shortcomings is fooling themselves. Only difference is that "certain woman's age" (say 45 y/o) becomes a definite deal-breaker for any guy who wants to have children.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:54 AM

Quote:
This is a subtle shaming tactic to imply that I'm indecent for stating my clear preference to date younger women and a clear requirement that women in their late 30s and 40s are getting no pass with me.
Some guys always fall for emotional traps because they are emotionally FORCED into something they would genuinely not want to initiate. You obviously think this is completely legitimate as long as it suits you. Age does play a role as long as the man wants to have his own biological children. It slowly becomes a preference at some point, then it becomes an eliminatory factor at other point of woman's age. Unlike what you may think, having biological children is NOT only about woman's desire, it's about man's desire as well.

Let's switch the roles. Imagine if you're the man and you face a woman in her late 30s or 40s, but you plan to have children on your own. Don't answer it on forum, keep the answer for yourself, but just think about it. I've already said why woman's age slowly evolves from non-issue (e.g. 20 y/o) to a preference (e.g. around 30 y/o) and to a screening option on dating sites (e.g. 40 y/o), and why you'll RARELY find a guy seeking for a serious relationship with an old woman if he's not forced into it this-way-or-that-way. When a guy chooses older, less attractive woman, that could even be overlooked, especially if she's successful (funnily, if a woman is successful in her late age, she has completely different picture and she thinks that nobody else should have any objection to her age). But to overlook the seriousness of woman's age if a guy plans to conceive a child is just too much.

Imagine the fact that a guy requires 1-2 years of relationship prior to marriage/trying to concieve with you, then about another year for a child - you need to add at least 3 more years if you're not going to rush him, if no infertility problems occur. Why would he thus involve with a 30 y/o if he has other options, that makes no sense. This is called preference. And it becomes requirement when people deliberately screen you out as a potential long-term relationship, regardless of your other qualities. I don't care if it insults you, I'm just blunt about the obvious fact. It's much more influential, definitely, than the "height factor", which generally has no effect on health of children, woman's pregnancy, miscarriages & stillbirths, trouble & costs to treat various "unknown" infertility factors, etc. It is a preference as long as the age of woman isn't reaching critical stage. Believe me, "looks" factor is the only one equivalent to height, just like age is, until that critical age. And even "below average looking" woman (whatever that meant) can use makeup to look younger and better even in her 40s, so it's obviously NOT about the looks for many serious proposers, regardless of their supposed excuse.

Bottom line - yes, anyone thinking that age for woman and height for a man aren't shortcomings is fooling themselves. Only difference is that "certain woman's age" (say 45 y/o) becomes a definite deal-breaker for any guy who wants to have children.

Dude, get over yourself. I am in my 20s, believe me none of my girlfriends our age would be interested in YOU! LOL

Old 04-06-2013, 07:55 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,632,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Dude, get over yourself. I am in my 20s, believe me none of my girlfriends our age would be interested in YOU! LOL
Don't start with personal insults when I state my opinion. I've stopped dating and won't date you anyways. Even if I was interested, I was in Richmond (Virginia). I've returned to my native country for now and am in a process of founding an outsourcing subsidiary for my employer. That'll be a good experience for me as well, in case I ever start my own company (which they already suspect that I will).
And when it comes to dating scene in USA, I've been dating in USA, had enough experience to find my own conclusion about how dating goes and no, none of it was the "I can't get a date" story for me.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Don't start with personal insults when I state my opinion. I've stopped dating and won't date you anyways. Even if I was interested, I was in Richmond (Virginia). I've returned to my native country for now and am in a process of founding an outsourcing subsidiary for my employer. That'll be a good experience for me as well, in case I ever start my own company (which they already suspect that I will).
And when it comes to dating scene in USA, I've been dating in USA, had enough experience to find my own conclusion about how dating goes and no, none of it was the "I can't get a date" story for me.
LOL @ Native country! That explains it.

LOL @ personal attack!

If you don't like the dating scene in the U.S. Feel free to relocate! Problem solved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships