Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 09:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyself73 View Post
Really so you think my list is unrealistic and no one can fit the bill?
You're married, however, IMO, creating laundry lists of "must haves" in someone besides the obvious hits isn't a good idea because then these people may never find that "perfect person" according to that notebook you got in your head and they stick to it to a T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 09:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Even if they did not want or initiate the divorce and tried to work to save the marriage? Wow.
I rarely come across that but nope generally not interested in divorced men. I want that big wedding, not a courthouse wedding.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Um.. Yeah. What you said.

Idon'tdateyou .. I commend your skills at having an excuse for being a hypocrite.
How can I be a hypocrite when I haven't been divorced?

Old 04-07-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I was afraid I would have to explain.
He "attacks" dating sites because they are "cesspool of sleazy people;" by your own admission you have a profile on a dating site. It doesn't matter how you two met the both of you are hypocrites. I would go so far as to say you probably haven't told him about your profile the dating site(s) and he hasn't told you the real reason he "attacks" them is because he fantasizes while flogging the dolphin.
I told him I had a profile on a site but that it is inactive. I'm sure he fantasizes about people, probably me but that is normal. I fantasize about him because I am a straight woman in love with a straight man.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:29 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I don't want somebody perfect.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:02 AM

469 posts, read 566,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You're married, however, IMO, creating laundry lists of "must haves" in someone besides the obvious hits isn't a good idea because then these people may never find that "perfect person" according to that notebook you got in your head and they stick to it to a T.
I agree that we should not as possible mates have a list that we stick completely to but the way I see it relationships are a learning tool and your past helps you realize what you are looking for in your perfect mate and I don't think the person you are interested in dating should meet every expectation but at least the important ones. That's my opinion btw having a SO is work and just as hard as being single each has it's positives and negatives

Old 04-08-2013, 07:15 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
You want fries with that order?

Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 AM

469 posts, read 566,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You want fries with that order?
no, but I'll take over medium fried eggs and fruit a sweetie thank you

Old 04-08-2013, 11:17 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,834 times
I'd like a woman that is:
-Not a type-A superibtch
-Kind, caring, compassionate, calm, patient, not overly critical or micromanaging.
-Wants children and likes being a mom.
-Secure in herself. Loves me and likes hanging out with me but has her own hobbies and her own sense of self. I don't want to feel like I am her sole reason for living.
-Educated and has a good job.
-Can cook.
-Has a bit of tomboy in her and can change a car tire. No wimpy, frilly, whiny, woe is me types.
-Natural looking. No fake nails, no fake boobs, no hair coloring or extensions and very little makeup.
-Medium libido. Wants sex about 3 times a week.
-Preferably White or Hispanic. About 5'6", 135 lbs, B-Cup Breasts, small waist, curvy hips and butt, nice teeth and eyes.
-Cares about the environment and would never even consider driving a Hummer or Escalade
-Loves to travel, loves the outdoors and wants to live out west in a mountain state.
-Loves animals.
-Eats healthy most of the time but can also sit down on a Friday night and gorge herself on pizza with me.

Disclaimer: Obviously that's quite a list but those are only my ideals. I'm much more flexible on most things in real life except the type A-superibtch characteristic. Been there done that.

Last edited by Scottay; 04-08-2013 at 11:40 AM..

Old 04-14-2013, 07:40 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
I'd like a woman that is:
-Not a type-A superibtch
-Kind, caring, compassionate, calm, patient, not overly critical or micromanaging.
-Wants children and likes being a mom.
-Secure in herself. Loves me and likes hanging out with me but has her own hobbies and her own sense of self. I don't want to feel like I am her sole reason for living.
-Educated and has a good job.
-Can cook.
-Has a bit of tomboy in her and can change a car tire. No wimpy, frilly, whiny, woe is me types.
-Natural looking. No fake nails, no fake boobs, no hair coloring or extensions and very little makeup.
-Medium libido. Wants sex about 3 times a week.
-Preferably White or Hispanic. About 5'6", 135 lbs, B-Cup Breasts, small waist, curvy hips and butt, nice teeth and eyes.
-Cares about the environment and would never even consider driving a Hummer or Escalade
-Loves to travel, loves the outdoors and wants to live out west in a mountain state.
-Loves animals.
-Eats healthy most of the time but can also sit down on a Friday night and gorge herself on pizza with me.

Disclaimer: Obviously that's quite a list but those are only my ideals. I'm much more flexible on most things in real life except the type A-superibtch characteristic. Been there done that.
Actually that is a great list. You've listed things that are very important to you that are more personality trait related and only one thing on your list has to do with a generic "look." What you have is a smart list. Keep to it as much as possible if you can when searching and you'll find the wonderful woman of your dreams. Your list is an obtainable one, and not silly at all. I think this is what Lost My Self wanted when she asked the thread question to encourage singles to do some soul searching so that they truly know what the want in a mate.

I had something similar on my list too. I didn't want another Alpha Male who was demeaning, micromanaging - in other words bossy, I wanted a good man with a compassionate heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships