Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 06:24 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,022,788 times

Advertisements

Back to the OP ...

My ideal:
accepts me for me - I come with a couple dogs, a pony, a kid, a long hobby list & country girl thinking
deals with me in a bad mood
celebrates with me in a great mood
communicates - I don't like to fight, and would rather come to a reasonable compromise
enjoys time together and time apart - knows importance of independence
sense of humor
can stand up to my BS
can tolerate me standing up to his BS
can be a goofball with me and find fun in just about every situation
enjoys food, drinks and good times
doesn't live a life of sloppy eating habits or couch potato
adventurous personality with homebody qualities

Looks:
takes care of his teeth
moderately tall - prefer 5'9-6'0 range
more slender build - like meat on the bones, but in reasonable shape
dark hair
fair skinned

other:
I am a "size does matter" kind of girl
orally talented
stamina - no 30 min and under quickies for me
can keep up with me sexually
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
For me morals trump everything else. Too many people look at superficial things like looks, height or income instead of morals.

I am a moral person and yes I am rigid. I will only date someone who is religious, VERY high morals (no sleeping around, divorced with kids, or out of wedlock babies will be accepted). The problem is most people are not moral and the amount of people I find lacking my morals versus someone with them is high. However I did find someone with my morals. In fact he attacks online dating sites as cesspools for sleazy people and thinks sex should be sacred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
As long as they continue to contact me on dating sites I will keep judging them. Then people wonder why society is in terrible shape, because people don't stick together anymore.

My, my the scent of hypocrisy wafts this way.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:43 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,516,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Exactly.

My husband walked out on my son and I for another woman, so *I* am the one with bad morals per your judgment?

It's cool if you're not into kids, just be honest about that. But, don't you dare wave the moral flag and belittle me (or those like me) because I am a divorcee with a kid. I didn't ask for my situation, but I certainly wasn't going to stick around while my husband went off to play house with another woman.
Yeah everyone has their own wants or not wants but I also was offended by the don'tdateyou declaring divorced folks were "immoral." That is such a arg, judgmental statement. Besides lacking in any compassion - and she is a Christian? Hum, odd.

My husband was divorced because his ex-wife kicked him to the curb after 9 years of marriage and three children. He was deeply devastated. She simply didn't want "him" anymore no matter how much he begged. I had to wipe many a tear from my sweetheart's eyes while we were dating, which was two years after his divorce was final, so I was actually outraged by the don't date you's statement of "immoral divorces or divorcees." Lady, how can you have no compassion!!!!!?????

My husband and I are both Christians, however in your estimate ddy, you honestly think God is snubbing my sweet husband as immoral scum because his wife divorced him? Our beloved and merciful God? Who asks us not to judge either other, this is for Him only to do? Well, as the Bible says, you shall be judged as harshly as you judge others and it won't be from us either lady....!!!! ...please forgive me but I really want to say this...You are out of your stupid mind and I think your parents have screwed with your head with their asinine, twisted version of Jesus!!!

Sorry, please believe me, it broke my heart to have to say those words to you but somebody had to. You make our loving God look cruel and your brothers and sisters in Christ look like lunatics and we have enough of that already.

So put your logs dripping with hypocrisy down, you're only adding fuel to a roaring fire!

So you don't think you're being hypocritical by not desiring a divorced man because you believe him to be immoral? Then I take it, you don't sin? Then you lie!!! A sin is a sin, lady, no matter how teeny you believe your own to be! Besides, how can my husband be the sinner because he is divorced? He was opposed to it? Can't you see that! Even if it wasn't in these circumstances does not God have enough grace to cover it? Hum, I think He does and the Bible also states that He does as well.

Last edited by GINGERSNAP1963; 04-04-2013 at 09:16 PM..

Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,988 times
Quote:
orally talented

So you like a guy with a BIG........wait for it........Vocabulary?

Old 04-04-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post

My, my the scent of hypocrisy wafts this way.
^^^Yeap, I smelled it and I think anyone within a hundred feet is catching a whiff of it too. It's rather rank if I do say so myself.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 PM

469 posts, read 566,901 times
Exclamation ummm hello???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
Yeah everyone has their own wants or not wants but I also was offended by the OP declaring divorced folks were "immoral." That is such a arg, judgmental statement. Besides lacking in any compassion - and she is a Christian? Hum, odd.
I'm the OP of "i'll take one perfect mate please" I never said that I try my best not to judge people I love to learn from others

Old 04-04-2013, 09:00 PM

469 posts, read 566,901 times
Quote:
Back to the OP ...

My ideal:
accepts me for me - I come with a couple dogs, a pony, a kid, a long hobby list & country girl thinking
deals with me in a bad mood
celebrates with me in a great mood
communicates - I don't like to fight, and would rather come to a reasonable compromise
enjoys time together and time apart - knows importance of independence
sense of humor
can stand up to my BS
can tolerate me standing up to his BS
can be a goofball with me and find fun in just about every situation
enjoys food, drinks and good times
doesn't live a life of sloppy eating habits or couch potato
adventurous personality with homebody qualities

Looks:
takes care of his teeth
moderately tall - prefer 5'9-6'0 range
more slender build - like meat on the bones, but in reasonable shape
dark hair
fair skinned

other:
orally talented
stamina - no 30 min and under quickies for me
can keep up with me sexually
great post

Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyself73 View Post
I'm the OP of "i'll take one perfect mate please" I never said that I try my best not to judge people I love to learn from others
Oh my goodness, I am so very sorry. I had a major brain fart. I went back and put it to the other person and took out all the OP references.

Now, I hope I do have the right person referenced. Please somebody correct me if I again had a brain fart.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:34 PM

4,211 posts, read 4,463,511 times
Fantasy: An empathic metamorph, a la, the "Perfect Mate" of Star Trek The Next Generation fame! (It was a rare sentient being transported as property to be a 'gifted' mate to quell a war between planets).

TNG 5x21 'The Perfect Mate' Trailer - YouTube

The Perfect Mate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reality. This man explains it very well in about 4 minutes

The Perfect Mate - Sexology! - YouTube

Old 04-04-2013, 10:56 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Quote:
Exactly.

My husband walked out on my son and I for another woman, so *I* am the one with bad morals per your judgment?

It's cool if you're not into kids, just be honest about that. But, don't you dare wave the moral flag and belittle me (or those like me) because I am a divorcee with a kid. I didn't ask for my situation, but I certainly wasn't going to stick around while my husband went off to play house with another woman.
I love kids, I hate exes. I love my money and don't want to share it with a family I had no part in starting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships