Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2014, 12:42 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,018,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterBlues View Post
.....men go to clubs and bars to stare at/talk to/pick up women.

....women go to clubs and bars to get attention from men and complain about it to their friends.

...this is why clubs and bars basically suck for actually getting somewhere
Haha......yes for the young ones.
The older ones at clubs look like loosers.That's why I only go to bars/restaurants.
If I go to a club I feel like an old perve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 12:50 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,360,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
The older ones at clubs look like loosers.That's why I only go to bars/restaurants.
The only way that I can go to a club anymore is if a girl is dragging me there...and even that's hard as he'll to willingly be a part of. Clubs just suck...the sooner that you realize this, the better your weekends become lol.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:04 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,018,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterBlues View Post
The only way that I can go to a club anymore is if a girl is dragging me there...and even that's hard as he'll to willingly be a part of. Clubs just suck...the sooner that you realize this, the better your weekends become lol.
I'm old I know clubs suck.I don't go anymore.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:55 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,210,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
You sure about that? More often than not, that only applies to the women we don't want to approach.

This scene is classic because it is dating for the average Joe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn2b2gYtLBQ

Edit: I didn't realize this includes a second altogether separate scene. The first half is life as we know it. The second is the fantasy that makes this film that brought Sandra Bullock to the limelight one of her very best.
Movies can in no way be considered real life. Even the ones about true events are only based on the actual events.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:57 PM

12,311 posts, read 9,778,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Movies can in no way be considered real life. Even the ones about true events are only based on the actual events.
Oh yes, they can. If they are well done, they re-enact scenarios that the audience has experienced and thus can relate to and, in the process, produce a strong connection/positive reaction.

Ok, it's a caricature for a comedic purpose. But if you haven't lived something like that first half scenario, then you either haven't tried or you are one of very few in an elite class, indeed.

Most of us have been there....more than once.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,973,695 times
Quote:
Oh hon, you just have to do simple stuff like being nice, breaking free of the safe zone and take a chance.

A smile, offer help, small talk, a joke, intrigue them, show interest, etc.
yep, if you can keep the lady entertained, you can have her eating out of your hands.

Quote:
hey girl you cant be old, you are only 29!!

Old 08-24-2014, 05:33 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,210,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Oh yes, they can. If they are well done, they re-enact scenarios that the audience has experienced and thus can relate to and, in the process, produce a strong connection/positive reaction.

Ok, it's a caricature for a comedic purpose. But if you haven't lived something like that first half scenario, then you either haven't tried or you are one of very few in an elite class, indeed.

Most of us have been there....more than once.
Movies are at best loosely based on truth.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:34 PM

19,472 posts, read 15,353,624 times
Quote:
I know for a fact you're at least half right.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:36 PM

947 posts, read 1,191,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Make it real simple to the ladies: They don't have to approach you at all. Some men will admire you because you're pretty, but they have no intention to talk to you at all.
What's the point of that, those ladies may as well just ignore them. Nobody can read minds.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:50 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,340,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
What's the point of that, those ladies may as well just ignore them. Nobody can read minds.
The point is that just because a man stares, it doesn't mean he has to talk to her. Ignoring them won't do a thing because most men won't care if they don't know the woman. I look at women all the time. Am I obligated to talk to her? Nope. Does she have to read my mind? Nope. Will she ignore me? Yeah, and I don't care because I don't know her. If I really like a woman, I'll approach her. So far, haven't met such a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships