Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 09:04 AM

9 posts, read 69,061 times

Advertisements

I met this guy from online dating site and we've been seeing eachother about 2 mos.
Our relationship is mostly based on sex. we do other things together too, we hangout, get foods, watch movies, go for walk stuffs like that, but sex is a must..
We are only seeing eachother.. he actually still logs into the site but I don't think he's seeing anybody else.. he told me so and said he's only just checking msg from girls.. well you never know lol but I spend most evening with him and if we're not, he still texts me around 8-10ish so I know he's not on a date. and I do his personal favors sometimes that he wouldve asked to his girlfriend or significant someone if he had one.
He tells me he likes me likes sex with me, he does care about me,, he always asks me if I missed him(not only sexual way) and he tells me I'm his kitty, his honey stuffs..
Howeverr, he only limits me to his friend zone. he tells me he will always be my friend. and when I asked him to take down the dating profile and telling him I don't want this kinda relationship(I tried to make it official exclusive) he gets annoyed saying if I'm being annoying like a girlfriend, he's not in it.
It's like he's just draw a line to only **** buddy, but yet he gets extremely jealous and concerns about my ex and other guys. If I don't reply his texts, he freaks out. and if I don't answer him during evening time, he freaks out really bad afraid that im out on a date.. and calls me texts me nonstop.
he's acting like a boyfriend, gets jealous really bad, but it's just only he doesn't want boyfriend girlfriend relationship..
His parents are divorced when he was a baby, he's more of a loner,, doesn't really have friends, seems his dog is his bestie. and he tells me all his exes gave him hard times bringing all dramas and stuffs giving him headaches.. I don't know if that's the reason he doesnt want that..
so what do you guys think?? should I just keep seeing him or forget him and move on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 09:10 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
You have already wasted 2 months of your life trying to force him into something he has clearly stated he does not want. Drop him and move on already. Why can you not figure this out on your own but feel the need to come to a public forum for opinions from random strangers. If you had read the words you wrote before posting you "should have" seen the big red flags, answered your own question moved on. Just because he calls you his "honey stuffs" and you do "personal things" for him does not mean he will ever want more than sex from you. Seriously, what would you do if you found someone who agrees to have sex with you all the time AND does all the little petty crap that you DON'T want to do yourself.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:24 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,137,817 times
I wouldn't characterize the two months of dating as "wasted time" because there were lots of emotional/physical benefits and info that were exchanged. The issue is about YOU, not about him and how he got that way.

Can you see yourself in this relationship when you know it's not going to evolve into something exclusive or more longterm?
Can you be in a FWB relationship with someone who seems to be a bit possessive?

Last edited by jaypee; 04-06-2013 at 09:52 AM..

Old 04-06-2013, 09:39 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
He IS acting like a boyfriend (and you, a girlfriend) He just doesn't like the title and when people don't like the title, it's because they want to be able to cut loose of you (first, ofc) whenever something better comes along, and they feel that you'd have no right to be upset about it because they already told you that you weren't committed. Sometimes they just want to be able to sleep with other people at the same time, as well as you, but no one likes it when their partner is doing the same thing. No one. yes, it's selfish, hypocritical and unfair but that is just how people are. The only thing you can do is point these things out to him in a clear manner and tell him that you don't to do it anymore and stop seeing him. It's unlikely that you're going to convince him otherwise.

Last edited by srjth; 04-06-2013 at 09:47 AM..

Old 04-06-2013, 09:44 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,474,130 times
Sounds like he wants you tied to him but does not want to be tied to you. This isn't a relationship, and it's not FWB, either. You're probably better off without him, or at the very least set boundaries and go on dates regardless of what he thinks, and decide for yourself what you want and with whom.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:57 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
He is USING YOU.

He wants what HE wants but wants nothing to do with what YOU want.

You need to decide if you're happy with that.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:02 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
You sound like a real "keeper" and I'm pretty sure any man will keep you on a string as long as possible and I can't say I blame him.....the old 'why buy the cow' theory comes to mind.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:03 PM

837 posts, read 961,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
He IS acting like a boyfriend (and you, a girlfriend) He just doesn't like the title and when people don't like the title, it's because they want to be able to cut loose of you (first, ofc) whenever something better comes along, and they feel that you'd have no right to be upset about it because they already told you that you weren't committed. Sometimes they just want to be able to sleep with other people at the same time, as well as you, but no one likes it when their partner is doing the same thing. No one. yes, it's selfish, hypocritical and unfair but that is just how people are. The only thing you can do is point these things out to him in a clear manner and tell him that you don't to do it anymore and stop seeing him. It's unlikely that you're going to convince him otherwise.
OP, don't be a stupid woman. srjth hit the nail on the head. He's keeping you at a distance so he conveniently has the option of moving on when the next hot piece of meat comes along.

I don't have anything against these types of arrangements, but you are TOO invested in it by doing him favors and lettings him make emotional (jealous) judgments towards you and your male friends, who should be none of his business if he's not stepping up to the boyfriend position. Either put him in his place or go spend your time doing something productive, like finding a man who will respect you enough to be with you exclusively.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:11 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,169,902 times
I dunno, it doesn't look like that bad a situation to where you'd need to dump him. But you could bluff him and say, "I'm going out on a date Friday, hope you don't mind ....... you did say that you don't want to be my boyfriend."

I think chances are that jealousy will make him consider a more committed relationship.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:37 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
If you want more than being a "fbuddy" then you should move on. This guy sounds like a real dyckhead, to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships