Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 04:39 PM

597 posts, read 1,150,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Jay, how often have you actually interacted with this girl?

I'm just trying to understand the level of interaction between the two of you. How much is positive, how much is negative? Any actual conversations? Anything meaningful? How many times have you asked her out?
Have you read any of my pervious threads related to the topic? I described the very little interaction we have had, over the past four years.

FYI: I have never actually, asked her out. Did I adequately answer your question? If not, please say so.

Thank you.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:40 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,685,228 times
fireshield, is that you?
why not leave amanda alone, hmm?

Old 04-07-2013, 04:40 PM

837 posts, read 964,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Why do we even bother replying. He's only interested in the attention, not in any of our advice.
This is probably true.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
This is probably true.
No, I am interested in receiving honest opinions regarding my letter, and the circumstances surrounding it. I greatly appreciate all the feedback I have received so far.

Best,
J

Old 04-07-2013, 04:49 PM

620 posts, read 1,303,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
I will not do this, simply because I don't give any other women attention but her. If she does not change her mind before we graduate, I will remain single.

Perhaps, she will change her mind in the future; I could have to wait some time, because it might not happen until we are middle aged or beyond. There are plenty of pessimists here but I chose to remain optimistic and believe that there is always some hope.
Try to think rationally. You don't plan on changing your mind but you think she will change her mind?

Old 04-07-2013, 05:14 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,480,120 times
Quote:
Have you read any of my pervious threads related to the topic? I described the very little interaction we have had, over the past four years.

FYI: I have never actually, asked her out. Did I adequately answer your question? If not, please say so.

Thank you.
No, I haven't. I just now perused thru the "highschool problems" first couple pages. So, basically, and I'm sure I'm missing stuff here, we're looking at next to zero communication? Looking at her from across assemblies, having class with her in which she gives you a nasty look and then goes back to being friendly with others while you head over to the far side of the room, you leaving the library and bumping into her and again gives you nasty looks, and a group project in which she told you stearnly to "be quiet", etc...

Yes?

Would I be too far off the mark if I guessed that total, actual conversation having, get to know you, face to face time, over the course of 4 years, is probably somewhere in the neighbourhood of...what? Maybe 90 to 120 minutes?

If that is the case, how in the world would you ever know anything about her, to the point that you are completely willing to surrender the rest of your life (that's at least another 70 years) to being single, waiting for this boat to come in?

I just can't understand it. I can tell you right now, there is NO end all be all when it comes to people. You WILL find someone much, much more interesting once you hit post secondary schooling.

I promise you this, Jay. I PROMISE YOU THIS.

Quote:
FYI: I have never actually, asked her out
Then.....where does this come from......back on pg.14?

Quote:
Yes, I am a bit unhappy and confused about her continued rejections

Old 04-07-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
No, I haven't. I just now perused thru the "highschool problems" first couple pages. So, basically, and I'm sure I'm missing stuff here, we're looking at next to zero communication? Looking at her from across assemblies, having class with her in which she gives you a nasty look and then goes back to being friendly with others while you head over to the far side of the room, you leaving the library and bumping into her and again gives you nasty looks, and a group project in which she told you stearnly to "be quiet", etc...

Yes?

Would I be too far off the mark if I guessed that total, actual conversation having, get to know you, face to face time, over the course of 4 years, is probably somewhere in the neighbourhood of...what? Maybe 90 to 120 minutes?

Yes, this is an accurate summary of what has transpired over the past four years.

You are probably right, actual conversation has not been more than 30-45 minutes total.

Despite this, she has an immeasurable impact on my life and inspired me to work towards my goal. Thank you for attempting to understand.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:48 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,480,120 times
Quote:
Yes, this is an accurate summary of what has transpired over the past four years.

You are probably right, actual conversation has not been more than 30-45 minutes total.

Despite this, she has an immeasurable impact on my life and inspired me to work towards my goal. Thank you for attempting to understand.
You're welcome, and I know I was being a tad nasty earlier, but this is frustrating. I'm sorry about that.

However, I don't believe you answered the second part of my post:

You said...
Quote:
FYI: I have never actually, asked her out

I said.....

Quote:
Then.....where does this come from......back on pg.14?
Which was.....
Quote:
Yes, I am a bit unhappy and confused about her continued rejections

What rejections? You told her you liked her.....she didn't reciprocate. That is not continued rejections.

I'm not even certain if that counts as ONE rejection.

Is there more to this story? Have you ever said, or done anything to her that you haven't said to us already? Something just feels like it's missing to warrant such reactions from her.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:

However, I don't believe you answered the second part of my post:

You said...

I said.....

Which was.....

What rejections? You told her you liked her.....she didn't reciprocate. That is not continued rejections.

I'm not even certain if that counts as ONE rejection.

Is there more to this story? Have you ever said, or done anything to her that you haven't said to us already? Something just feels like it's missing to warrant such reactions from her.
Well, to answer your question, I have been rejected. The rejection came after many of my classmates told her I liked her.

She would reply in curt, short, and monotone, responses to express her disinterest. Whenever the subject of my interest was brought up she would respond to their questions by saying things like: "oh that again". One person said that when they asked; "Do you know Jay", she simply said, "Yes" and walked away without saying anything else. Whenever, I see her at school she looks very uncomfortable, and does her best to avoid me. If that isn't rejection, I don't know what is. Does that answer your question?

Old 04-07-2013, 06:10 PM

620 posts, read 1,303,704 times
Quote:
Well, to answer your question, I have been rejected. The rejection came after many of my classmates told her I liked her. She would reply in curt, short, and monotone, responses to express her disinterest. Whenever, I see her at school she looks very uncomfortable, and does her best to avoid me. If that isn't rejection, I don't know what is. Does that answer your question?
And you still think you could win her over?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships