Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:48 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

I think you misunderstood what I said.

I know I am enough. I am up beat and attractive. I like myself and the talents I have.

But I notice that others act like no matter what I do it isn't enough to impress them and I start to feel looked down upon and then a deep burning feeling of inferiority. It just feels irritating like trying to solve a massive rubix cube in dealing with gays. Such a waste of time. I haven't found anybody yet that is more easy to understand and willing to validate and understand me, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
You mentioned that you are not enough and don't feel appreciated. People pick up on the vibes you send out and act accordingly.
Be more confident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Quit trying to impress everyone so much.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Ok, 1st off this is not just about gays...this is a relationship problem that crosses both lines....

Now, you might not like this BUT.....

Quit expecting to be the victim..look at how you worded your thread..

"I know you guys don't like me." Victim.

"I have no friends." Victim

I remember some of your other threads and am I right that you either haven't come out you or just recently?

Very emotional times right now. I understand, I was with quite a few of my friends when they decided to come out....one of the 1st questions they asked me was "I suppose you hate me now." My response to them every time was
Me:"Were you gay yesterday?"
GG:"Yes"
Me:"Well I liked you yesterday and I like you today."

You, my friend, need to start liking and respecting yourself. If you don't like and respect yourself you can't expect other to do the same.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:52 AM

u are right I should like and respect myself more.

i have been mostly openly gay for several years. i feel that a lot of people are supportive or ok with it. not really any prejudice from straight people. most of the hard time comes from gays.

my roommate doesn't know. i don't think it is important for him to know.

well i was just basing my comment about some of you disliking me on the previous post that I made and how it made everybody really upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo62 View Post
Ok, 1st off this is not just about gays...this is a relationship problem that crosses both lines....

Now, you might not like this BUT.....

Quit expecting to be the victim..look at how you worded your thread..

"I know you guys don't like me." Victim.

"I have no friends." Victim

I remember some of your other threads and am I right that you either haven't come out you or just recently?

Very emotional times right now. I understand, I was with quite a few of my friends when they decided to come out....one of the 1st questions they asked me was "I suppose you hate me now." My response to them every time was
Me:"Were you gay yesterday?"
GG:"Yes"
Me:"Well I liked you yesterday and I like you today."

You, my friend, need to start liking and respecting yourself. If you don't like and respect yourself you can't expect other to do the same.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:53 AM

ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Quit trying to impress everyone so much.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:57 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
u are right I should like and respect myself more.

my roommate doesn't know. i don't think it is important for him to know.

well i was just basing my comment about some of you disliking me on the previous post that I made and how it made everybody really upset.
oh jeeeeez artsy, maybe that's why he snubbed you socially as far as party invitations go. I wouldn't hide it from him, he may be super weirded out that he found out behind your back as it is. If you're gay, and comfortable with it, then don't hide it from people, it just makes situations uncomfortable all arond. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with the above poster and would like to add, if you're not comfortable, happy, or confident with yourself, how can you expect other people to be?

Old 10-29-2007, 11:23 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Yes I do enter the relationship (mostly one night stand, dating someone that annoys me or that I find not too attractive, or Friend with benefit) assuming but also noticing evidence that the other person doesn't honestly like me and wants to use me. I think most gay men are incapable of loving and respecting me. I've actually never had a loving experience before except from one gay friend and that was non-sexual. And in that situation I was giving a lot more than I was getting in return. Later he ended up turning some people against me and standing me up. So I ended that friendship.
Stop entering relationships so quickly. Get to know the person first and see if he deserves to be your friend. Why waste your time dating guys that aren't worthy of your respect and friendship.

If straight guys don't respect women that are too easy, then gay men should think the same way. I think that it's very difficult to be a **** and then make your date respect you enough to consider turning a one night stand into a long term relationship or even marriage.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:02 PM

how does it make uncomfortable feelings all around? does it come across that I am hiding somethign bad? Because I heard that from a lady. She was not my friend but the gf of my best friend from several years ago. She said she got "creepy" vibes from me. LOL. But I am actually the opposite of creepy. I smile and laugh a lot and try to make others laugh and feel good...

[quote=Fiddlekitten;1858955], then don't hide it from people, it just makes situations uncomfortable all arond. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by artsyguy; 10-29-2007 at 01:14 PM..

Old 10-29-2007, 01:03 PM

why don't straight guys respect easy women? there is a soul and life behind those eyes. An easy woman might just be a more innocent, misguided, and niave woman instead of a gross sex addict.

I think the men I fooled around with had disrespectful and more "evil" characteristics to begin with, they will never understand or grasp what it means to have respect for another human being. There are men who marry and then go and cheat on their wives. Obvious disrespect to the wife despite the "relationship" that was "formed".

I didn't consider myself too easy since I didn't go all the way and redundantly stated that I would not do so and chose to keep most of my clothing on. But it was enough to make me feel like I gave way too much of myself and have learned not to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If straight guys don't respect women that are too easy, then gay men should think the same way. I think that it's very difficult to be a **** and then make your date respect you enough to consider turning a one night stand into a long term relationship or even marriage.

Last edited by artsyguy; 10-29-2007 at 01:12 PM..

Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,797 times
Quote:
why don't straight guys respect easy women? there is a soul and life behind those eyes.
Because if they're easy... then there is no conquest, no personal gain. With risk of sounding like my mother... "Why buy the whole icecream truck when she's handin' out the popsicles for free!"

Sure there's a soul and a life behind those eyes.. I'm sure that everyone on the block has dipped into her "soul" recently and could tell you all about it!

The way you're changing such adverse and controversial topics at a time, make me wonder your true intentions on posting in CD Land. . .
With that said, I'm going to stick to watching from a distance. Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships