Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 09:05 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,207,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
And thank you for your input.... You are free to create another thread with a truer dichotomy, and I won't make an insulting post about it.

I am sorry. I was commenting on the dichotomy, not YOU. I could have been nicer. But I don't understand why so many people on this board try so hard to equate things as relationship related that have absolutely nothing to do with the basics of relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 09:09 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,158,439 times
Quote:
Which would you prefer....

1) An exceptionally clean and orderly house and a partner that is adequate in bed

2) An untidy and disorderly house and a partner that is exceptional in bed

Also, please state whether you are male or female.

p.s. Do not choose other - exceptionally clean house and exceptional in bed, as we would all choose that!
Ah #1, its not even close.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:18 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,389,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I am sorry. I was commenting on the dichotomy, not YOU. I could have been nicer. But I don't understand why so many people on this board try so hard to equate things as relationship related that have absolutely nothing to do with the basics of relationships.
I am not really trying to prove any points - just curious how people think and their priorities (e.g. do you prefer chocolate or vanilla, if you could only choose one). I am also not "trying hard" to equate anything, not sure where you got that. I did not equate messy people with being great in bed, or neat people with being bad in bed, as I don't believe that at all. There has been some research on how amount of sex may be affected by how housekeeping is divided - but that wasn't the point of this thread at all.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:32 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,482,641 times
I'm surprised at how many will put neatness over a great sex life! You can't all be asexual. Some of you must be able to clean rather than expect your partner to do all that. False dichotomy or not, I'd have thought this would be an overwhelmingly simple choice in favor of a great sex life! LOL

Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,040,593 times
Quote:
I just took it as a question regarding a hypothetical situation for fun, and not indicative at all of actual relationship dynamics.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:36 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,207,366 times
Quote:
I am not really trying to prove any points - just curious how people think and their priorities (e.g. do you prefer chocolate or vanilla, if you could only choose one). I am also not "trying hard" to equate anything, not sure where you got that. I did not equate messy people with being great in bed, or neat people with being bad in bed, as I don't believe that at all. There has been some research on how amount of sex may be affected by how housekeeping is divided - but that wasn't the point of this thread at all.

I did not think you equated them at all. But the comparison I see is do you prefer hockey or ice cream?

Old 04-11-2013, 09:37 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,158,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I'm surprised at how many will put neatness over a great sex life! You can't all be asexual. Some of you must be able to clean rather than expect your partner to do all that. False dichotomy or not, I'd have thought this would be an overwhelmingly simple choice in favor of a great sex life! LOL
Having sex with the same person over and over is going to get dull after a while, I rather have a clean house. And please spare me your you have to spice it up with your spouse blah, blah, blah.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 AM

11,813 posts, read 12,057,518 times
Quote:
Which proves the point that sex is only one component of a good relationship, not the be-all-end-all.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:42 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,040,593 times
Quote:
I can only speak for my own answer.

I chose #1 because to start, I equate adequate to being acceptable and satisfying. It's not inadequate. Also, I know in my own marriage that our sex lives have gotten better over time too as we learn each other better and improve our communication. So I did not take "adequate" to imply it is a life sentance.

Now, as far as cleanlliness. I find that people who are untidy, are just untidy people. They can try and strive to be more cleanly, tidy, or organized, but if they are not naturally inclined to those traits they will ultimately revert to a state of clutter.

So in weighing the two options, I felt that #1 would grow into even better sex (since we are talking long term relationships), and offer tidy conditions, while #2 meant a perpetural state of not being as cleanly.

PS, I also do not see it as a question of who cleans. If I do all the cleaning, it is still far easier living with a tidy person, than a slob. Last thing I want to do is chase another adult around picking up for them every day. I have a 4 year old to do that for already!!

Old 04-11-2013, 09:43 AM

11,813 posts, read 12,057,518 times
Quote:
Couldn't agree more. And it seems many who occupy the relationship section have limited or no experience with relationships, so spend time talking about hypotheticals, making up weird polls, or nitpicking over the opposite gender's height, weight, nose size, shoe size, dating someone with bad teeth, or unemployed, arbitrary rating scales, etc, etc, instead of actually discussing real relationships and real relationship issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships