Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 09:44 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,690,389 times

Advertisements

2. Hands down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I did not think you equated them at all. But the comparison I see is do you prefer hockey or ice cream?
Yes, I intended the hockey vs. ice cream comparison, which BTW is a true dichotomy for me as I really love both. I was once sitting at the United Center and REALLY wanted a Ben & Jerry's cone, but did not want to miss any of the Blackhawks game so I had to forgo it. Maybe I should next create a thread entitled "Hockey vs Ice Cream." I love the Blackhawks more than ice cream! Can you believe their streak this year!

I'm not really using C-D to research serious relationship dichotomies.... I mainly post for fun, which I believe you may not appreciate, and that's fine. I am likely too silly and frivolous-thread creating for your sensibilities.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Couldn't agree more. And it seems many who occupy the relationship section have limited or no experience with relationships, so spend time talking about hypotheticals, making up weird polls, or nitpicking over the opposite gender's height, weight, nose size, shoe size, dating someone with bad teeth, or unemployed, arbitrary rating scales, etc, etc, instead of actually discussing real relationships and real relationship issues.
So no fun polls by people who are in real relationships? I think my time on this forum may be coming to an end as I can not be that serious all the time.... I need light-hearted threads for relief. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I just took it as a question regarding a hypothetical situation for fun, and not indicative at all of actual relationship dynamics.
Finally, someone who understands me! LOL

Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,215,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Couldn't agree more. And it seems many who occupy the relationship section have limited or no experience with relationships, ....
Or have such self limiting, self imposed expectations and limitations as to render a real conversation about relationships useless. The poster above talking about sex with the same person being boring and spare me the you have to spice it up is a great example. If that is how you limit yourself, if that is how you filter your expectations, that is what you are going to get. I have been with my husband for over 20 years. Sex has only gotten better. And it has pretty much nothing to do with who, me, him or the kids, does the laundry.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,163,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
So no fun polls by people who are in real relationships? I think my time on this forum may be coming to an end as I can not be that serious all the time.... I need light-hearted threads for relief. Oh well.

Finally, someone who understands me! LOL
I come here to get a laugh, I don't take any of these people seriously, neither should you.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:02 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,488,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Having sex with the same person over and over is going to get dull after a while, I rather have a clean house. And please spare me your you have to spice it up with your spouse blah, blah, blah.
That's your problem, not mine! Consider yourself spared.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:03 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,690,389 times
It's just a fun question.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:03 AM

11,819 posts, read 12,070,293 times
Quote:
It's not about seriousness, but the relationship section is cluttered with posts that really have nothing to do with actual relationships.

Picking between adequate sex and a neat home versus amazing sex and a messy home = fun? I like fun as much as the next person but I don't get any enjoyment from polls like this, and it's not you personally. Polls about would she prefer the fancy car to the fancy house...still don't get the "fun" of it.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:04 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,163,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Or have such self limiting, self imposed expectations and limitations as to render a real conversation about relationships useless. The poster above talking about sex with the same person being boring and spare me the you have to spice it up is a great example. If that is how you limit yourself, if that is how you filter your expectations, that is what you are going to get. I have been with my husband for over 20 years. Sex has only gotten better. And it has pretty much nothing to do with who, me, him or the kids, does the laundry.
I guess you are referring to me, yes having sex with the same person over and over is boring. I like a variety, if that's "limiting myself" oh well.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:04 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,740,922 times
Quote:
Which would you prefer....

1) An exceptionally clean and orderly house and a partner who is adequate in bed

2) An untidy and disorderly house and a partner who is exceptional in bed

Also, please state whether you are male or female.

p.s. Do not choose other - exceptionally clean house and exceptional in bed, as we would all choose that!
Female

For the record, we all have different levels of tolerance, when it comes to a clean house. If the house were an absolute pig sty though....and the "masterful in bed" man was a complete and utter lazy slob otherwise, it would completely negate the "masterful in bed" qualities. I couldn't get hot for a lazy slob, no matter how good he was in bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships