Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 01:42 PM

677 posts, read 1,195,095 times

Advertisements

I could only wish my parents would have broken up while my mother was pregnant with me. She should have aborted me as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 01:45 PM

1,755 posts, read 3,001,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
I could only wish my parents would have broken up while my mother was pregnant with me. She should have aborted me as well.
Is it that you regret life or that you don't think she should've had you with this man?

Old 04-13-2013, 01:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,828,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Ok
What does that have to do with two people breaking up?
They may not be mature emotionally healthy people who love and adore one another and excitedly plan for the birth of their child, correct?

A relationship can also cause a lot of stress, correct?
I already told you what it has to do with things - breakups are rarely pretty, they are usually ugly and stressful - something not good for the developing baby.

In addition, not sure about the relationships you are used to, but good ones rarely cause "a lot of stress".

13,285 posts, read 15,333,258 times
Quote:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
Is it that you regret life or that you don't think she should've had you with this man?
Not being born is much more pleasing than being born. And yes, she shouldn't have had me with that bastard. She would have been much happier. One mistake (my brother) is acceptable, two mistakes is pure lack of wisdom.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Not while my mother and brother are still alive. It's okay.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:49 PM

1,755 posts, read 3,001,405 times
Quote:
Not being born is much more pleasing than being born. And yes, she shouldn't have had me with that bastard. She would have been much happier. One mistake (my brother) is acceptable, two mistakes is pure lack of wisdom.
Well, I'm not sure I have much experience with being unborn, but I'm sorry.

I think there's a lot of people who's parents are still together who often wish their parents would divorce so that they'd have more moments of peace. I knew of quite a few friends who felt that way and their parents stayed together and as a result they feel confused as to what love is, and are terribly afraid of marriage, despite wanting to be.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:53 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,333,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I already told you what stress has to do with people breaking up

No you didn't.
You stated that breaking up can cause stress, but that's different that stating what stress has to do with breaking up.

In fact, stress can cause people to break up. Since stress is bad for a an unborn child (and born children) sometimes breaking up can be good, correct?

Thus, you shouldn't feel bad for a an unborn child whose parents break up because that might actually be better for the child.

Quote:
In addition, no sure about the relationships you are used to, but good ones rarely cause "a lot of stress".
Do you believe that all relationships are 'good ones'?
If not, isn't it sometimes better for a couple to break up?

Old 04-13-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
Well, I'm not sure I have much experience with being unborn, but I'm sorry.

I think there's a lot of people who's parents are still together who often wish their parents would divorce so that they'd have more moments of peace. I knew of quite a few friends who felt that way and their parents stayed together and as a result they feel confused as to what love is, and are terribly afraid of marriage, despite wanting to be.
Being unborn is the best state you find yourself at. My parents recently divorced but they stayed together in a war zone for more than 30 years. You bet nobody will catch me in a marriage. I'd rather hang myself.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:00 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,828,847 times
Quote:

No you didn't.
You stated that breaking up can cause stress, but that's different that stating what stress has to do with breaking up.

In fact, stress can cause people to break up. Since stress is bad for a an unborn child (and born children) sometimes breaking up can be good, correct?

Thus, you shouldn't feel bad for a an unborn child whose parents break up because that might actually be better for the child.

Do you believe that all relationships are 'good ones'?
If not, isn't it sometimes better for a couple to break up?

Okay, one more time for clarity since you don't seem to be getting what I am saying - the stress of a breakup is bad for the developing fetus.

Even if the mother is the one doing the breaking up, even if the father is a complete bad guy - the mother will be under a lot of stress!

Breakups are rarely easy in general - but they are especially difficult during a pregnancy.

So when/if I hear of a couple breaking up during a pregnancy I think "poor baby" for several reasons, not the least of which is its health, but including the other reasons I already gave you.

Of course not all relationships are good. Too bad a couple can't realize that BEFORE the baby is on the way. When they DO realize it once the baby is already on the way again I think, "poor baby" and wish things had been better for him/her. Sometimes a mother or father is left to pick the lessor of two evils though and just do the best they can. Glad you feel your mom did a good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships