Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 09:49 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,238,124 times

Advertisements

Ever since I was a kid I knew I was different from others. My legs are built so that they can walk without getting tired for some reason. It doesn't matter who I walk with, women or family, all have complained they were tired when I was enjoying spending time with them and wanted to walk even further rather than turn around and go home.

...I can ride 100 miles on a bike in one day and be able to keep going the next day without a problem. I can walk on the sand in the beach all day and still be actually enjoy the walk at the end of it.

The few women I went on a date with on South Beach wanted to turn around and go back after two hours of walking or take a rest.

Two hours in the sand isn't a "long" a walk. It's barely maybe 8 or 9 miles.

I recently suggested a date that involves biking 30 miles (on a trail, not a road) to a beach spot, and the girl though that it was a bit far.

There is one thing I want to be able to find in a partner and that is someone who enjoys an all day physical activity... Yet I haven't found any woman that really wants to do that...

Old 04-19-2013, 09:51 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,701,541 times
..........and not a single one was given that day.

Last edited by Yellow Jacket; 04-19-2013 at 10:03 PM..

Old 04-19-2013, 09:53 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,156,924 times
Well, I like pina colada and getting caught in the rain ...

Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,325,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Do people who claim they like long walks on the beach bull****?
I imagine that some people who claim they like long walks on the beach bull****, yes.

Assuming you mean talk about nothing of importance by "bull****".

[/being a pain in the ass about grammar]

Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,307,619 times
It appears your idea of "long" and their idea of "long" are at completely opposite ends of the definition of "long". I would not walk 8 or 9 miles on a beach myself but I walk about 1 mile twice a day and that is about all I can do and some days I'm lucky to get that far because of my health issues.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I imagine that some people who claim they like long walks on the beach bull****, yes.

Assuming you mean talk about nothing of importance by "bull****".

[/being a pain in the ass about grammar]

Pardon, English is not my first language, but thank you for correcting me.

I guess I should have said:

Do people that claim to like long walks lie about liking long walks on the beach?

Old 04-19-2013, 10:01 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,800,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Ever since I was a kid I knew I was different from others. My legs are built so that they can walk without getting tired for some reason. It doesn't matter who I walk with, women or family, all have complained they were tired when I was enjoying spending time with them and wanted to walk even further rather than turn around and go home.

...I can ride 100 miles on a bike in one day and be able to keep going the next day without a problem. I can walk on the sand in the beach all day and still be actually enjoy the walk at the end of it.

The few women I went on a date with on South Beach wanted to turn around and go back after two hours of walking or take a rest.

Two hours in the sand isn't a "long" a walk. It's barely maybe 8 or 9 miles.

I recently suggested a date that involves biking 30 miles (on a trail, not a road) to a beach spot, and the girl though that it was a bit far.

There is one thing I want to be able to find in a partner and that is someone who enjoys an all day physical activity... Yet I haven't found any woman that really wants to do that...

MOST people who sincerely like "long walks on the beach" want a leisurely stroll of not more than a mile or 2 at the most my friend.

Whooppee for you that your legs are so strong and in marathon condition but don't be so rigid in your standards here.

What you are really looking for is a woman who enjoys more serious/extreme biking and hiking.

And there is nothing wrong with that, except for you acting all snobby like there is something wrong with others for not having your same standards

Time to join an outdoor adventure type club or group so you can more easily meet the kind of women who enjoy the more extreme stuff you are looking to do.

They ARE out there - you just aren't looking in the right places, or asking the right kinds of questions when you meet women.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:01 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,784,558 times
Ever since I blew out my flip flop and stepped on a pop top, cut my heel and had to cruise on back home, I now look at long walks on the beach differently.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It appears your idea of "long" and their idea of "long" are at completely opposite ends of the definition of "long". I would not walk 8 or 9 miles on a beach myself but I walk about 1 mile twice a day and that is about all I can do and some days I'm lucky to get that far because of my health issues.
That sounds possible. Whenever someone thinks we've been walking too long I laugh out loud and say, "not long enough".

Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,016,392 times
"These are all the things that I am just AMAAAAZAZING at! I have a hard time finding people who are like meeeee!"

lol. I think most of your threads are more about what you than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships