Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 10:37 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
So who is going to tell me what a true alpha male is then?
Put it to you this way: Alpha males don't go around declaring themselves alpha males.

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Real alphas and real feminists like strong, confident, capable partners. So, sure.

But all the guys I've seen claim alpha status online have been obviously scared to death of genuine equality. So there's that.

I have never met a feminist who hates men. Feminism is mainly about getting better sex for everyone.

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times
ok, well let's say:

What will happen if a pseudo-Alpha pairs up with a pseudo-fem?

then what?

Old 05-09-2013, 10:38 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,920,148 times
Quote:
A high-quality man who knows he is high-quality and therefore isn't always desperately and douchily trying to prove it to everyone.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:39 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,920,148 times
Quote:
ok, well let's say:

What will happen if a pseudo-Alpha pairs up with a fem?

then what?
I don't think she'd give him the time of day to pair up with him in the first place. If she did, she'd end it once she realized her mistake.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
ok, well let's say:

What will happen if a pseudo-Alpha pairs up with a fem?

then what?
A feminist will not go out with a fake alpha. Fake alphas tend to be sexist pigs.

ETA: I see you changed your post to "pseudo-fem." Honestly? I think fake alphas actually encourage hatred of men by fake feminists. And probably vice versa.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:42 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Put it to you this way: Alpha males don't go around declaring themselves alpha males.
True and I'm guessing a feminist wouldn't call herself a feminist nor keep talking nonstop but just do the actions that represents that and not care about what others say.

I was seeing on other sites some people referring to themselves as an alpha but in reality didn't know what a true alpha means and does. I guess they were just ''wanna-be alphas''.

I think the right term would be assertive and responsible people.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:42 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times
Here's a quick definition:

Quote:
The term 'Alpha Male' can be defined in both a classical and modern sense. The classical definition derives from the animal kingdom and represents a physical form of dominance over other males. The alpha male lion, for example, claims sexual rights to all females, fights off other male lions to enforce it, eats first after every hunt and dominates a vast territory of land for hunting rights.
what's so good about this anyway?

Old 05-09-2013, 10:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Okay, since you really don't seem to know...

A true alpha male is quietly confident, but never cocky.

He does not need or seek the approval of anyone else.

He is a natural born leader who commands respect - never demands it.

Regardless of his physique he is a fierce protector of his loved ones, never looking for a fight, but never walking away or cowering when one is impossible to avoid.

He is very in tune with his value system and never intimidated to live by those values.

He knows how to respond to others, not just react to them.

He is very self-disciplined and in control of his temper, never a hot-head.

He is assertive, but never aggressive.

And he is compassionate to the most vulnerable and has respect for all.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
True and I'm guessing a feminist wouldn't call herself a feminist nor keep talking nonstop but just do the actions that represents that and not care about what others say.

I was seeing on other sites some people referring to themselves as an alpha but in reality didn't know what a true alpha means and does. I guess they were just ''wanna-be alphas''.

I think the right term would be assertive and responsible people.
I only cop to it when someone starts ragging on feminists and equating feminism with man-hating as a matter of course.

Quote:
Here's a quick definition:

what's so good about this anyway?
In humans, the term generally means highly successful, driven men in leadership positions who, through their actions and deeds, command (not demand) the respect of their peers and communities, not herd mating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships