Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 08:04 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,010,507 times

Advertisements

Don't pay someone to date you, ever!. There is nothing physically wrong with you - you are not an ogre. Forget the receding hair line and wire rimmed glasses commentary - too many superficial folks on these boards. Do you have any interests, outside of work? As someone already mentioned, how about joining a meetup group that focuses on your interests as a way of meeting other people. Relationships take time, they don't usually happen overnight - and sorry, but LA is as much a meat market as is NYC, where everyone thinks they are model material and they're crap doesn't stink. You don't want that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 08:05 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,001,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Does anyone think that a woman will be interested in me for who I am?
Not if you sit there and dont say anything.

I agree that the second photo is best because the shirt is a flattering color, you're smiling and your skin tone looks healthier than in the other photos.

But your personality is what make you "who you are."

If you want someone to be interested in that, then find ways for them to get to know you.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:18 PM

332 posts, read 436,262 times
Another thing:

You post: "I have my own car and am currently employed. I also forget to mention that I have a BA degree from a university. Also I"m different' I don't drink,smoke or do drugs. I"m not into bars or clubs."

Look 50 years ago, when women didn't have many opportunities and had to marry a stable man in order to increase their status, you would have been a catch to women. However now that women have their independence, dating has changed. This is one major mistake men make in today's dating environment. They think "okay, I got a car and a job, now all these women will swarm to me and want to be with me." No, those were the old rules. I mean, what you wrote about above reads like a resume and not a dating profile.

Instead, write about your hobbies and passions. What makes you interesting and unique? What are cool things that you like to do in your spare time? How are you different than the other 100 million men in this country?

Old 05-12-2013, 09:05 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Would you date me if you were a female between age 21-34?
Here are some pictures of me. I"m a 32 year old male from the Los Angeles area. I have a very hard time meeting woman. I'm curouis as to why. I have my own car and Im currently employed. Its very hard for me to even become friends with woman. All of my friends are guys.

Here are photos of me: Flickr: wjrubens' Photostream

I also forget to mention that I have a BA degree from a university.

I have lost 35 pounds since these pictures were taken.

Also I"m different' I don't drink,smoke or do drugs. I"m not into bars or clubs.
There was this 24 year old girl who I was an aqcuintance with who said I look like a little kid.

Here is my youtube page. You can see what im like. I have lost 35 pounds since I took these videos.

TheUnknown0709's channel - YouTube
I'm actually 32 years old now.

I got so desperate that I joined a stupid dating site called Online Dating | Buy & Sell First Dates.

After joining this site and paying 3 woman to date me 2 of the woman wanted to see me again after the 1st date only if I gave them money. There is this 21 year old girl who I saw twice from that site. I ended up paying her twice. On the website you are supposed to only pay woman for the 1st date. I asked this girl for a 3rd date and she only wants to see me if I pay here a large aount of money. she wont give me sex wither.

Here is my profile for whatsyourprice.com

Online Dating | Buy & Sell First Dates

I tired plentyoffish.com and oakycupid for 3 years and no luck for me.

Is it becuase I live in the Los Angeles area?

I don't have any answers for you. But I wish you all the best in life. Hope you can find somebody soon, hang in there.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:22 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,928,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Don't pay someone to date you, ever!. There is nothing physically wrong with you - you are not an ogre. Forget the receding hair line and wire rimmed glasses commentary - too many superficial folks on these boards. Do you have any interests, outside of work? As someone already mentioned, how about joining a meetup group that focuses on your interests as a way of meeting other people. Relationships take time, they don't usually happen overnight - and sorry, but LA is as much a meat market as is NYC, where everyone thinks they are model material and they're crap doesn't stink. You don't want that.
Ill tell you there are too many woman who think they are models here in LA and think their **** doesn't stink.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf1140 View Post
Oh and you need to get updated pictures if you've lost weight. Putting up bad pictures and then saying "I've lost wait since then" isn't gonna work.
I already bought new glasses a week ago. Currently I'm wearing dark blue jeans.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Another thing:

You post: "I have my own car and am currently employed. I also forget to mention that I have a BA degree from a university. Also I"m different' I don't drink,smoke or do drugs. I"m not into bars or clubs."

Look 50 years ago, when women didn't have many opportunities and had to marry a stable man in order to increase their status, you would have been a catch to women. However now that women have their independence, dating has changed. This is one major mistake men make in today's dating environment. They think "okay, I got a car and a job, now all these women will swarm to me and want to be with me." No, those were the old rules. I mean, what you wrote about above reads like a resume and not a dating profile.

Instead, write about your hobbies and passions. What makes you interesting and unique? What are cool things that you like to do in your spare time? How are you different than the other 100 million men in this country?
My interests are very different. Im not interested in sports or wrestling. My main interests are eating out, movies, traveling,hiking and shopping malls

Old 05-12-2013, 10:15 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,117,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Another thing:

"I have my own car and am currently employed. I also forget to mention that I have a BA degree from a university. Also I"m different' I don't drink,smoke or do drugs. I"m not into bars or clubs."
From what I can tell and the ads that women post, you have 3/4 of your online competition beat. Also your range at 21 is way to low. And you should never have to pay a woman to date. Are you too picky and looking at 10s?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't have any answers for you. But I wish you all the best in life. Hope you can find somebody soon, hang in there.
I hope you are right

Old 05-12-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"I have my own car and am currently employed. I also forget to mention that I have a BA degree from a university. Also I"m different' I don't drink,smoke or do drugs. I"m not into bars or clubs."
From what I can tell and the ads that women post, you have 3/4 of your online competition beat. Also your range at 21 is way to low. And you should never have to pay a woman to date. Are you too picky and looking at 10s?
What age range should I consider?? One thing I didn't mention is that I don't have my own apartment becuase rents are high here in Los Angeles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships