Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 06:57 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Is it becuase I live in the Los Angeles area?
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 07:20 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Lose the glasses if you can (contacts, eye surgery). That can only help. Yes some girls like glasses or don't mind them, but more do than don't.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
You're a good looking guy, but that's not going to be enough. People with Aspergers are socially challenged. That certainly doesn't help the situation. Don't go to a site where you have to pay women to date you. A lot of those women are hookers trying to skirt the law. The rest are, more than likely, looking for a sugar daddy. You're diving in a pool that is full of fakes and Aspies are the farthest from fake as it can get.

I suggest you find a local Aspergers support group in your area. Google it. Meetup.com may have some. Your money is better spent on acquiring the knowledge and tools that will help you co-exist more comfortably with neurotypicals and find ways to help them understand you.
This is really great advice.

Your condition probably makes it much more difficult, but you are in good company OP. I really think you will find someone and live a fulfilled life if you arm yourself with the tools to help you out.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:35 PM

324 posts, read 441,131 times
What's aspergers?

Old 05-12-2013, 07:37 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdav View Post
What's aspergers?
Google is your friend.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
You may just have to find a very patient woman who is willing to take it slow and get to know you, especially if it takes a few dates to really open up. That probably won't be easy to find, but they're out there

Old 05-12-2013, 07:50 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
You should be careful about the amount of personal information you have disclosed to strangers on the Internet. Photos and videos linked offsite can easily be used to trace name, address, employer, etc.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:53 PM

15 posts, read 23,472 times
I had a long reply all typed up and then it didn't go through!!!.

Here's the gist of my post and I'm going to focus on looks and specifics because others have talked to you about your social behavior.

Your wireframe glasses are way out of style. Looks extremely dorky. Either get contacts or get some black/brown plastic glasses. (see Warby Parker website for examples).

Dress better. Mens' jeans should be very dark blue unless your on a farm or ranch. And short sleeve shirts should not have collars unless you're on a golf course or you've got some rambo biceps to show off.

You also have a receding hairline. I'd see a top stylist and ask him/her what hairstyle would work with that.

btw having an age range of 21-34 when you are 32 screams CREEP. Your own age should be in the middle of the age range your seeking.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:55 PM

15 posts, read 23,472 times
Oh and you need to get updated pictures if you've lost weight. Putting up bad pictures and then saying "I've lost wait since then" isn't gonna work.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:02 PM

159 posts, read 82,974 times
Instead of online dating sites in LA, I'd agree that Asperger's-specific groups would be great to find, and maybe put you more in the way of the right people.

Also maybe try Mensa: I don't mean to stereotype you, and please forgive me if it sounds that way, but many studies do link Asperger's and genius (and there's your education of course), and in my experience Mensa gatherings are full of people who are socially ...atypical? but everyone who comes along to one is embraced for their gifts and their company, no pressure to conform or participate or fit in. Lots of interesting people too.

Something to think about, some of us just aren't talkers. I love silence, myself, but many people, especially first dates you've just met, can be very uncomfortable with conversation gaps or too much quiet -- it can come across as a lack of interest too. So first dates maybe should be to movies or events, instead of dinners or walks on the beach, where a running conversation would be expected more.

The funniest thing is, that the right one always seems to come along when you *give up* looking. So maybe throw yourself into a favorite hobby and make an extra effort to do the things you really like doing, for *you*, and then bang, who knows. I'll bet that's when it'll surprise you from nowhere.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships