Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 03:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
I know, I know, they are paid to be polite/nice.

Yesterday, I was the only one at the coffee place (small place at work), and we talked for 20 minutes. No one else came.

Today, I went back, and she gave me come cookies for free. I asked her if I could repay her with dinner, and she blushed HARD, and said "ummm I don't think my boyfriend would like that." To which I replied, "Im not asking you to marry me, just get lunch." She laughed and said, "I know, I know." I told her to "think about it" and let me know. I'll probably go back there in a few days, but I don't expect anything to come from it.
I would have backed off when she said boyfriend. The blush is a good sign and all, but... I'm not going to break anything up like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 03:11 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
[quote=JerZ;29560759]"Just asked out a bacteria." /QUOTE]

Those types tend to spoil things.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
I suppose this is where you keep track of all the girls you ask out?

I don't really get why this was a thread.

Guess this is another way of getting attention or something. lol.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:46 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
OP don't you have another "barista" thread?

Where she also said "no"?

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...g-barista.html

And didn't you do the same thing in a bookstore too?

Old 05-14-2013, 04:19 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
They do flirt to get tips. Or at least, they act extra-friendly in order to get tips. I don't think they're necessarily flirting with the intention of being asked out, but that "we're great friends" attitude is a pretty common tip-getting device among servers of all kinds.
To add to this, for a while I frequented a bar a handful of times over one summer. Most of the time, it was by myself. Thing is, half the people in the bar were alone. But after a few minutes, you start chatting up the person next to you, or the bartender started chatting you up if you were non threatening enough.
After awhile, I would wind up chatting with the bartender a lot. The bartenders there were all women, but it was only ever one bartender per shift on duty.
Anywho, we usually got quite chatty, but I think more than anything they were chatty just cause I was there, and if I got bored, they know guys would leave quicker. One bartender in particular was very very attractive, and it was funny, cause I would watch guys come in, look around, see no one was at the bar to hit on, and then.... "whoa, I think I'll sit down and have a drink," once they noticed the bartender. hahah. It was awesome to watch. It kind of opened my eyes as to how some women attract guys like crazy, and they don't even really try. A friendly smile on an attractive woman in a service industry can reel the guys in like none other. Haha, it still cracks me up. These guys would sit next to me and make some semi crude comment about the bartender quietly towards me, then when she walked up to make a drink, the same guy would be all, "hi beautiful! How's it going?"

The bartenders were always sweet, but I don't think they do it solely to be sweet. They try to create an atmosphere in which you come back, and hopefully with friends. It's all part of the business/industry. Be it coffee, beer, or whatever. And tips help I'm sure, but not all of them are that concerned with that whopping $10 or $20 tip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships