Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:15 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,860 times

Advertisements

The Today Show just had a segment on "frenemies" or the toxic people we all know in your live and on the job. This link from Today says there is upcoming video of a round-table of women discussing this aspect of relationships.

They say men are more likely to end toxic relationships than women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 07:38 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
I did have a frenemy like that....
Hubby got me a beautiful ring for our anniverary the night before. I showed it to her and her reponse was. Wow it sure would be prettier if you cleaned it.
This is one of many statements.......
Needless to say, I don't hang with her anymore.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:43 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,933 times
Love the name..."frenemy"...LOL

Mine sounds like captnemo62's - she went furniture shopping with me and told the clerk: " she's trying to re-do her house in a style that doesn't match the weird architecture" !!!! (the architectural style is WHY I bought the house)

Old 11-02-2007, 07:49 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
They say men are more likely to end toxic relationships than women.
I think that men are more likely to avoid a frenemy than confront him. On the other hand, I have no problems telling a frenemy to get the hell out of my life. I made two people go away two years ago, and it felt very good to do so. Odd thing was that these guys wouldn't take a hint so I had to give them the riot act. I guess that they were in denial about how much of loser they were.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:58 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think that men are more likely to avoid a frenemy than confront him. On the other hand, I have no problems telling a frenemy to get the hell out of my life. I made two people go away two years ago, and it felt very good to do so. Odd thing was that these guys wouldn't take a hint so I had to give them the riot act. I guess that they were in denial about how much of loser they were.
I agree - I not only don't have problems disassociating from them, it does feel good to scrub them out of your life!! And another good thing about getting older is that you can sniff them out earlier on, and avoid getting into a "frenemyship" with them in the first place!

Old 11-02-2007, 08:38 AM

464 posts, read 753,053 times
I know a whole family like this they drive me crazy. We go to the same church and are kids go to the same schools. It's not always easy to disassociate from them, my husband is much better at it then I am, I hate hurting others feelings.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:43 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,347 times
My sister is like this and I have not spoken to her in over a year. I'm sad that I'm not sad.....does that make any sense?

Old 11-02-2007, 09:24 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
I like the ones that say stuff that they KNOW is rude then when called on it looks innocent and says..I was just kidding!!! or I was just trying to help!!! or my own personal favorite "Aren't YOU being testy today!!! Is it that time of the month?"

Old 11-02-2007, 10:31 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
My sister is like this and I have not spoken to her in over a year. I'm sad that I'm not sad.....does that make any sense?
My boyfriend's younger sister is definitely a frenemy to her brother. He hasn't talked to her since June. When she eventually gets married, we would prefer not to go to her wedding, but of course, we don't want to upset his mom. But I have seen in person several times how she makes up things to try to throw blame on him and make herself look like a better child. 22 years old and such a mess. It's great having her 1500 miles away from us!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:51 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,347 times
Default that time of the month

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo62 View Post
I like the ones that say stuff that they KNOW is rude then when called on it looks innocent and says..I was just kidding!!! or I was just trying to help!!! or my own personal favorite "Aren't YOU being testy today!!! Is it that time of the month?"

I hate that! I always say - yes/but even if I wasn't on the rag - you'd still be a (insert favorite rude term here!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships