Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 05:47 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
Two years, and there weren't any signs?

Hard to believe.
Eh, this could be the onset. Midtwenties onset for mental illness is more common for men than for women, but it does happen. Or, as others suggested, it could have been controlled by medication previously, and now is not. It's hard to say, but with such erratic behavior, it's probably a possibility. There's really not enough information given, though. It could be nothing of the kind.

OP, has anything been done to rule out and/or treat mental health problems? Is addressing such things a possibility, or are you out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 05:52 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
What kind of problems is she having with your family, and how are YOU handling it?

Old 05-16-2013, 06:03 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoStressedOut View Post
I'm not sure if this is the way a wife should act in the marriage. This is really my first marriage and I'm 25 years old and she's 24.

We've been together for 2 years, engaged for a couple months and married for a year now. The problem is for the past 5 months every time we argue, she gets into these ridiculous tantrums and suddenly it's all my fault all the time. Most of the time I don't even start arguing; she does.

In her tantrums, she stomps on things, calls me the most horrible names and even throws objects. I've having a hard time dealing with her sudden mood swings and so I keep leaving but this is stressing me out. What happened to the woman I once dated, proposed to and married? There weren't these weird tantrums.
She's emotionally abusive and verging on physical abuse. Are you going to wait until she throws something heavy or made of glass at your head?

You say you keep leaving. Next time, don't go back.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:07 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Funny, but if this situation were reversed, and a woman was writing in talking about a man calling her names, stomping on things, and throwing things, there would be a pretty big outcry and a whole lot of advice to the effect that her spouse is abusive.

But here I'm seeing "Oh, it's bipolar. You need to help the poor dear."

Old 05-16-2013, 06:41 PM

460 posts, read 671,915 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if this is the way a wife should act in the marriage. This is really my first marriage and I'm 25 years old and she's 24.

We've been together for 2 years, engaged for a couple months and married for a year now. The problem is for the past 5 months every time we argue, she gets into these ridiculous tantrums and suddenly it's all my fault all the time. Most of the time I don't even start arguing; she does.

In her tantrums, she stomps on things, calls me the most horrible names and even throws objects. I've having a hard time dealing with her sudden mood swings and so I keep leaving but this is stressing me out. What happened to the woman I once dated, proposed to and married? There weren't these weird tantrums.

It gets to the point I have watch what I'm going say or do because then all this hell starts again and once she gets to that point, it takes her several days later to talk to me.

I just want to make her happy and it seems like I can't do anything right. Last time, I left angrily and this almost caused me to crashed my car. She kept screaming in my face and honestly, she scared me. It seemed like at any time she would have probably hit me or something.

And lately, she's having issues with some of my family members.
Haven't read the rest of the comments, so forgive me if I'm repeating the obvious....BUT how do you know this isn't the woman you married? You can't seriously expect to truly know someone after a few short months enough to become engaged. Once you are engaged, very few people are willing to call it off even if there are red flags popping up all over the place. So the truth is that you didn't know your wife prior to making a SERIOUS commitment and now you are seeing the real her. She's still awfully young and obviously immature . She's not ready to be anyone's wife. Don't make babies with her!

Old 05-16-2013, 06:46 PM

391 posts, read 840,902 times
Quote:

It gets to the point I have watch what I'm going say or do because then all this hell starts again and once she gets to that point, it takes her several days later to talk to me.

I just want to make her happy and it seems like I can't do anything right. Last time, I left angrily and this almost caused me to crashed my car. She kept screaming in my face and honestly, she scared me. It seemed like at any time she would have probably hit me or something.

And lately, she's having issues with some of my family members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
BPD. She has it. Its only going to get worse from here. She is bat**** crazy unfortunately.

Thats why you don't rush to get married. You don't know marry anyone before 1 year. You can barely know anyone in like 8 months.
Sounds like my life. Let's run away together and move to Japan.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:09 PM

324 posts, read 441,131 times
Just leave

Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 PM

516 posts, read 1,616,985 times
Is she abusing substances? If not, seems like she has a mental health disorder like bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder. Sounds like hell. Good luck.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:22 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,397 times
I'm very sorry you're going through this. I have the same problem with my husband and we are currently in counseling. 1st off we've been married 12 years and the abuse (name calling, belittle in public)been going on the entire time. He blamed me as well and I believed him.

She won't go to counseling. Not unless you threaten her ( I want out of this marriage is what I said). We've been in counseling for 6 month. Nothing!!! No progress!! It's still my fault because I **** him off, and I'm a "dumb ass." He's a college educated person btw.

These people are crazy. Don't wait 12 years like me. GET OUT NOW!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:23 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
As others have said, she sounds mentally ill.

Perhaps it's time to leave her. And then, once you're in a safe place where she can't physically harm you or stalk you, let her know that unless she gets help, you are separating from her and then getting a divorce. Let her know that you care for her and you love her and you want to be with her, but you cannot take the abuse any longer, and if she doesn't get help for her anger and her violent acts, you have no choice but to protect yourself and your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships