Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 03:07 PM

162 posts, read 190,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
One place you would do well in is South FL. I can recall more interracial couples there than some of the other places I've been. For some reason men over there do not let skin color get in the way of beauty. Beautiful black women seem to have no trouble finding someone, whether dark or light.
I am on the east coast, but I hope to one day relocate to California. I know it sounds strange because they have sunshine year round (and I don't want to get darker) but I love the palm trees and the general atmosphere. I have never thought about South Florida, but I am happy to hear that dark women are doing well with relationships there.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I think the region you are in affects the dating life at least somewhat. Ever thought about that?
I don't know your background but I am wondering if you have ever dated a dark skinned woman, like the woman in the video link?

I am asking because I am really curious. So many guys just look past us, because they view dark skin as ugly.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:18 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234 View Post
I don't know your background but I am wondering if you have ever dated a dark skinned woman, like the woman in the video link?

I am asking because I am really curious. So many guys just look past us, because they view dark skin as ugly.
I am a white male and I think black women would be more attractive if they kept in shape. Unfortunately that's kind of a rarity here. I have considered asking a black woman out, found out that she had a boyfriend though.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:20 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,829 times
Quote:
Do you think it's wrong to target a race, just because you believe there is some benefit to dating the guy? In my instance, I am very dark and I feel like I may be better off dating a white guy, especially if it's long term. I think there would be many benefits, especially for my child, because she/he would have a more mainstream look.

Is this wrong?
It is not wrong per se, but rather the reasons behind why you are doing what you are doing. It seems that you think that dating a white guy would fix your self loathing issues and it won't. You have to do that for yourself, otherwise you'd still be unhappy.

This is what gets me about the race threads on CD. There's nothing wrong with having a preference, but I find that most people have ulterior motives for dating a particular race, or are obsessed or want to gain a particular "benefit". How about just looking for someone that loves you? Point Blank.

That said, two of my very good girlfriends who are darker than Naomi Campbell are married to white men. But I also grew up in Africa, where I saw darker skinned women married at the same rate as lighter skinned women. Personally, I feel that dark skinned women are very pretty. Their skin rarely shows blemishes and just shines. OP I think you need to find a way to love yourself and don't take to heart men that have rejected you because of your skin.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:22 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Is this redberry rose? NYanna? Purple rage? (wasn't there some more?)
I think so.
In which case, I would strongly suggest she not get married at all. She needs years of therapy first.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I am a white male and I think black women would be more attractive if they kept in shape. Unfortunately that's kind of a rarity here. I have considered asking a black woman out, found out that she had a boyfriend though.
I do see a lot of fat black women but being fat is not my problem. I am naturally thin. I am a size 4, which is only two sizes away from 0. I am in the process of losing weight to drop down to a size 2 or even possibly 0. I have just begun my diet yesterday, and I anticipate it will be easy for me to lose the 10 lbs by just cutting out my dessert after dinner.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
It is not wrong per se, but rather the reasons behind why you are doing what you are doing. It seems that you think that dating a white guy would fix your self loathing issues and it won't. You have to do that for yourself, otherwise you'd still be unhappy.

This is what gets me about the race threads on CD. There's nothing wrong with having a preference, but I find that most people have ulterior motives for dating a particular race, or are obsessed or want to gain a particular "benefit". How about just looking for someone that loves you? Point Blank.

That said, two of my very good girlfriends who are darker than Naomi Campbell are married to white men. But I also grew up in Africa, where I saw darker skinned women married at the same rate as lighter skinned women. Personally, I feel that dark skinned women are very pretty. Their skin rarely shows blemishes and just shines. OP I think you need to find a way to love yourself and don't take to heart men that have rejected you because of your skin.
Thank you for the very kind words. My problem is, all of my friends are getting married. I just attended 2 weddings. I would give anything to meet a nice hard working guy from a good family who just loved me and wanted to be with me.

It is hard not having anyone at the moment to go out with and do the normal things that people do, like go to the movies or out to dinner or even taking a vacation with the love of your life. When I see my friends doing these things, I get very jealous, but they are my friends, so I try my hardest to be happy for them, because I definitely want the best for them. I don't want anyone to experience the feelings and pain that I feel deep in my heart.

Sometimes when I am with my friends, I rarely smile because I want what they have, but I can't seem to get it. It is hard to explain these feelings to them because they wouldn't understand. They have always had people who adored them.

I know that many white guys are not interested in black women, especially not women my skin color, but I am hoping to find one who is interested. I sort of feel like if he is very pale, maybe he will like the difference in skin tone?

Old 05-19-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I do see a lot of fat black women but being fat is not my problem. I am naturally thin. I am a size 4, which is only two sizes away from 0. I am in the process of losing weight to drop down to a size 2 or even possibly 0. I have just begun my diet yesterday, and I anticipate it will be easy for me to lose the 10 lbs by just cutting out my dessert after dinner.
Be careful not to loose too much weight. I don't like sticks, I like them firm with muscle, especially in the legs and abs.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:31 PM

286 posts, read 417,818 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but that is unhealthy. You're already at a perfectly healthy weight.

It just boggles my mind why people already in a healthy weight range feel the need to lose weight.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the very kind words. My problem is, all of my friends are getting married. I just attended 2 weddings. I would give anything to meet a nice hard working guy from a good family who just loved me and wanted to be with me.

It is hard not having anyone at the moment to go out with and do the normal things that people do, like go to the movies or out to dinner or even taking a vacation with the love of your life. When I see my friends doing these things, I get very jealous, but they are my friends, so I try my hardest to be happy for them, because I definitely want the best for them. I don't want anyone to experience the feelings and pain that I feel deep in my heart.

Sometimes when I am with my friends, I rarely smile because I want what they have, but I can't seem to get it. It is hard to explain these feelings to them because they wouldn't understand. They have always had people who adored them.

I know that many white guys are not interested in black women, especially not women my skin color, but I am hoping to find one who is interested. I sort of feel like if he is very pale, maybe he will like the difference in skin tone?
You don't smile? Women are much more attractive when they smile.

Also it has nothing to do with a guys skin color whether or not he likes you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships