Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 12:00 AM

39 posts, read 261,676 times

Advertisements

Random question, random thread brought on by an article I read/conversation I had--

For those white men who have interest in black women, do you find black women who have natural hairstyles (i.e. afro, locs, braids, twists etc) or those with straightened hair (i.e. relaxed, weave) more attractive?

And do you find black women with darker skin or lighter skin more attractive?

The article I read was saying that white men tend to take notice to black women with natural hairstyles, especially afros, more often than they do black women with straightened hairstyles; and black women with darker skin rather than lighter skin. Which I found interesting. Many women commented on the article agreeing.

I'd like to hear actual white men speak on this.

This isn't meant to be an offensive post to anyone, merely curious so hopefully it's not...

Old 06-24-2013, 12:06 AM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
I'm a white guy and to be honest I've been fond of black "natural" looking women, I've been noticing them more lately... I'm in a LTR and nothing is gonna come of it, but I've been liking the more natural look. I don't know the hairstyle names, but I think that they are on the more natural side, aside from the big afro, that is obvious, but I think black women do other things with their hair aside from the afros that are still natural and their own hair.

I've seen really dark black ladies that look good and I've seen lighter black women that look nice.

There is a really pretty black girl that works at the grocery store I shop at, course I can't say anything cause she's 20 yrs younger than me and it would be creepy black white or otherwise.. 43 yr old guys shouldn't be noticing 22 yr old girls... LOl, you know what I mean...

Old 06-24-2013, 12:19 AM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
I'll bite since I date black and white women without a preference for one or the other.

Skin, I like a woman with nice skin and tone regardless of being light or dark.

Hair, Most any woman is going to do what she wants with her hair regardless of what her boyfriend thinks. I dated a woman who had beautiful natural hair, Little bit of a red tint in the sun. She wore it natural for about 2 weeks before swtching it out. Fortunately she looked great regardless of what she did with her hair, which was good because she changed it every two months.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-24-2013 at 12:32 AM..

Old 06-24-2013, 04:32 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,996,892 times
When I dated a black women it was the overall package I noticed first: face, body, hair, etc. I didn't have a preference for light skin/dark skin etc, I just saw a woman I thought was attractive and asked her for a date! She was kind enough to share a few weeks of her life with me before we sat down and discussed where we were heading. At this point we hugged and parted ways for mutual reasons. She happened to be a lighter skinned black woman, but again I stress the overall package is what drew me to her.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:00 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,725,977 times
I see A LOT MORE BLACK MEN with white women than white men with black women. A whole lot more It is really startling and way out of balance. If the rumor is true, I guess I understand, but it is off to me.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:08 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,607 times
Speaking for my husband, who is white (I'm black, for the newbies), he absolutely loves it when I allow my hair to go completely natural and wear it in an afro. I don't care for it (too notty and dry for my taste) but the few times I have worn it, it drove him crazy and he keeps asking when I will do it again.

My guess is that the afro, or natural look is just so completely different from his own, stick straight, shiny hair that maybe it seems exotic to him.

He also seems to just have a natural preference for brown skin. I am the 3rd brown-skinned woman he has dated and I have noticed that I never hear him comment about the beauty of a white actress or model but if a beautiful brown sister is on TV, he will break his neck to take a look!

Old 06-24-2013, 08:55 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
If she's attractive, she's attractive regardless of hair style and skin color. The most beautiful woman I've ever known was my Ethiopian friend who has very dark skin. She was also one of the nicest people I've ever known - if I hadn't been married when I knew her, ....

Old 06-24-2013, 08:58 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luctoretemergo View Post
Random question, random thread brought on by an article I read/conversation I had--

For those white men who have interest in black women, do you find black women who have natural hairstyles (i.e. afro, locs, braids, twists etc) or those with straightened hair (i.e. relaxed, weave) more attractive?

And do you find black women with darker skin or lighter skin more attractive?

The article I read was saying that white men tend to take notice to black women with natural hairstyles, especially afros, more often than they do black women with straightened hairstyles; and black women with darker skin rather than lighter skin. Which I found interesting. Many women commented on the article agreeing.

I'd like to hear actual white men speak on this.

This isn't meant to be an offensive post to anyone, merely curious so hopefully it's not...
Your picture looks nice!

Don't change a thing.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:00 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Your picture looks nice!

Don't change a thing.
Seconded.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:11 AM

588 posts, read 956,976 times
This is one of the nicest threads I've ever read! The responses have been so sweet and positive.
I date both black and white men, and I straighten my hair and have a medium (?) skin tone - not dark or light. Anyway, most of the white men I date say it's the overall package that drew them in. But my sister, who's engaged to a Caucasian, says her fiancé loves it when she wears her hair natural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships