Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 07:58 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times

Advertisements

Last edited by jobaba; 05-22-2013 at 08:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 08:11 AM

Old 05-22-2013, 08:26 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
I am not sure of the context since I don't know your story, but it takes time and no one can really tell you how much time because everyone is different. You just have to slog though life and wait it out. Eventually, the feelings will pass.

I am really sorry you are going though it though, I know how it feels.

Look up stages of grief--a breakup follows pretty much the same stages. It might help. Good luck.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:31 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I am not sure of the context since I don't know your story, but it takes time and no one can really tell you how much time because everyone is different. You just have to slog though life and wait it out. Eventually, the feelings will pass.

Look up stages of grief--a breakup follows pretty much the same stages. It might help. Good luck.
The only thing I can add to this is if you can find someone to talk to or text with a bit throughout the day that helps immensely..just do not let the conversation be totally dominated by your ex and shortly the pain will begin to fade.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:

I've deleted the original post because the first responder made me realize I was being pathetic and a wussy.

In life, pathetic, wussy people get treated like pathetic, wussy people.

Gotta toughen up. Really.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:43 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I've deleted the original post because the first responder made me realize I was being pathetic and a wussy.

Having feelings doesn't make you a pathetic or a wussy... it makes you a human being. I would add that if you didn't have feelings, you'd be a sociopath. So please don't be so hard on yourself.

And the other poster brought up a good point about finding someone to talk to.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:49 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:

good!

She doesn't deserve you. Remember that!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:55 AM

826 posts, read 1,894,069 times
Quote:
Dude, I experienced something similar recently. Found myself still pining over a guy that was in no way shape or form good for me... and I am usually the one who gives my friends relationship advice.
Take heart. Sometimes people just imprint themselves in your heart in a deep way. You are not weak for sharing your feelings. It makes you human

Old 05-22-2013, 08:58 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
you were fine before you met her, and you'll be just fine without; just takes time.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:01 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Having feelings doesn't make you a pathetic or a wussy... it makes you a human being. I would add that if you didn't have feelings, you'd be a sociopath. So please don't be so hard on yourself.

And the other poster brought up a good point about finding someone to talk to.
Hey man..having feelings doesn't make you a wuss..I'm 6'3" 250lbs and have one punch knocked out more than a few ruffians in my day and I have been knocked to my knees and nearly crawling over a woman before..it ain't got anything to do with how tough you are..that being said,you can't let it beat you down..take your time to wallow in the pain a bit,find someone to talk to (male or female) and before you know it that pain won't be crushing you any more..it'll still be there on and off a bit but it'll be dull and you'll wake up one morning and realize you hadn't even thought about her in a week or two..that's when you are pretty much healed up..I went thru it last summer and if you let it,it will mess your ass up...don't let someone have control of your life,its your's to control,not hers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships