Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 02:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

I'm super bummed about it, and who else would I talk to but my CD buddies

Bought a new outfit, lookin super cute, went out to the park to meet the guy I've been seeing and he told me that he just wasn't feeling it like he had with previous girlfriends. He said he had a TON of fun with me, but saw me as more of a 'friend' than a 'girlfriend'. I told him to be brutally honest with me and he said it was because we split the tab and that I suggested dates instead of letting him do it.

I'm way more bummed about this than I thought I would be but I realized that I have ZERO idea of what to do with guys. I told him that it sucks that I have to hide all of my interests (cars, video games etc.) just to get guys to be interested in me. He agreed and said that must 'suck' to have to do that.

So...guess I'm super single again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 02:56 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
I'm sorry to read this, it seemed like you were getting along quite well with this one.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:00 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Friend Zoned! Damn that sucks. And because you suggested dates? What kind of guy wouldn't like a lady that has an intrest in cars?

A total tool thats what kind. Your probably better off without him. Still sucks tho.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:02 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,116 times
Better now, than 6 months or 1 year down the line.
Still sucks, though.....

Old 05-25-2013, 03:03 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm super bummed about it, and who else would I talk to but my CD buddies

Bought a new outfit, lookin super cute, went out to the park to meet the guy I've been seeing and he told me that he just wasn't feeling it like he had with previous girlfriends. He said he had a TON of fun with me, but saw me as more of a 'friend' than a 'girlfriend'. I told him to be brutally honest with me and he said it was because we split the tab and that I suggested dates instead of letting him do it.

I'm way more bummed about this than I thought I would be but I realized that I have ZERO idea of what to do with guys. I told him that it sucks that I have to hide all of my interests (cars, video games etc.) just to get guys to be interested in me. He agreed and said that must 'suck' to have to do that.

So...guess I'm super single again
I'm so sorry about what happened to you. It just wasn't meant to be. You can and will find better. Your a decent girl with a lot to give..Someone will appreciate you..Good luck to you.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:04 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
It seems to me he has a more traditional view of dating, that's all. He wanted to take out a woman, not go dutch with a buddy.

I'm wondering, did you always insist on paying your share on dates? Ever allow him to foot the entire bill?

As for suggesting dates, well, he could have been more relaxed in that department.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:05 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
You should move out of the Northeast and to the South.

Texas guys like their women.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:08 PM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Actually, your recent posts kind of told me deep down you were expecting this. In other words, you didn't appear confident this was going to work out.

Oh well, dating is tough. Best wishes in the future.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:09 PM

72 posts, read 107,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Better now, than 6 months or 1 year down the line.
This right here..

..and he sounds like he might be a bit of a control freak and power hungry, if he has already gone as far as being upset for splitting the tab and you even suggesting dates.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:11 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
he said it was because we split the tab and that I suggested dates instead of letting him do it.
So he's old-fashioned. Funny that what he was objecting to is what a lot of guys here say they want women to do.

Just keep being yourself, Jet. (Like you needed us to tell you that... :-/ ) You'll find a guy who can handle an independent woman. Look at it this way; after a recent relocation and a few first dates with various people, you found one that you clicked with enough to have some significant follow-up time. That's really pretty good, compared to where you came from in CA. Even though it didn't work out, the fact that you got this far with someone should give you hope for the future.

....no? Good luck. Keep on keepin on. Keep on being brilliant, nice, funny, outgoing and you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships