Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 08:06 AM

160 posts, read 384,699 times

Advertisements

I am in law enforcement. There are 1 and 2 breaks. I am on on shift 1. And this other Lt is on 2 break.
when he first arrived on the other shift he worked a couple of nights on our shift to cover someone. I told one of my co-workers who I trust, i told her I think the LT is cute and once she gets some alone time ask him if he is married, but not to tell him it's from me.
Well later on that night she called and told me the conversation between her and the LT she told me he is not married and told him that i think he is cute and that i am interested in him, and he said anything is possible. And she also told me the ball is in my court. ( co-workers are not allowed to date anybody on the job but they won't be fired all they do is move them)
So i freaked out after she did that and so now he knows. A month after that he saw me at training we didn't talk but we did look at eachother.
And one night i had to work on his shift for 1 night and i stood in briefing looking right past him at something and after he was finished everybody looked at me and i looked at him and he asked if i was tired and that he was tired too.
So later on the night he came to visit me and asked can i help him by working overtime on his shift and i told him no i want to go to the gym instead.. and then a few minutes later we finally got a chance to be alone and i cannot remember how we started chatting but i told him he looks like he lost some weight and he told he had some surgery and what gym he goes to (which is the same gym as mine) and he starts telling me what time and whats days he goes to the gym and he asked me when do i go to the gym and i told him it varies and then he tells me what he eats and stuff. In my opnion he is sorta of shy.

my co-worker believes something can happen and its a possible that he and and I can get to know eachother better, but i am the one who should have asked him at the moment to workout with someobdy and i have nothing to lose because i wouldn't have to bump into him. He knows i like him.

I am so sorry for my grammer but I am sleepy and just about to hit the bed.

Last edited by Hourglass45; 05-23-2013 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: I need to add a poll
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,224,175 times
I am afraid that is a question you should answer yourself.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:26 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times
No chasing.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:13 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,164,607 times
No. You're not supposed to date a coworker. And you both sound juvenile -- getting a friend to find out about him, telling him you like him, etc.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:15 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,871 times
We'll tell you when you finish high school =)

Old 05-23-2013, 09:18 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,922 times
Are you 16?? Did you pass him a note after study hall? Why didn't you just go up and introduce yourself if you were interested? If he was interested he would have made a move, or maybe he respects the no dating rule. You're not supposed to date coworkers. Do you think you are above the rules? Those rules are there for a reason. Maybe you should be focused on doing your job and not flirting with coworkers? Just a thought.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:24 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
No. You're not supposed to date a coworker. And you both sound juvenile -- getting a friend to find out about him, telling him you like him, etc.
Meh, still the same end result, so I don't see the problem.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:24 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
I would chase him.

A guy is much more in trouble at work for chasing a woman if she doesn't respond as vice versa. So, often guys send out signals but don't make the first move, because they are scared of the harassment suits and getting fired.

How about working a few shifts with him and see if he is worth dating?

Old 05-23-2013, 09:27 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
keep business and pleasure separate

Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,828 times
Find out when he will be going to the gym and setup a time to meet him there. Ask him if he can show you a few exercises to get into shape. Nothing wrong with doing this. Women should NEVER chase a man. But there is nothing wrong with showing some interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships