Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 10:38 PM

727 posts, read 1,533,080 times

Advertisements

I will start from the beginning. I met this woman in 2008 via an online dating site. We became friends on Facebook and communicated primarily that way. I always had a crush on her, and there was innocent flirting between us, but nothing ever accumulated (I moved out of state and got engaged, then moved back to the state and broke up with said fiancee, but she had a bf at the time; in fact, after my fiancee and I broke up she suggested we became roommates). Finally, last year, I had my shot. We went on a lunch date since she was going out of town the next day. We had a great conversation, and I definitely felt a connection (we're both in special education, so we have plenty to talk about). I could not stop thinking about her ever since that encounter. Fast forward two weeks later when she returns from her trip. She calls me and tells me about her vacation, and then she tells me she got a job offer in another part of the state and that she would be moving. Panic stricken, I reached out to my friends, who said that I should tell her that I like her. I ask her out again and take her out. I bought her flowers and took her to a nice restaurant. We again have a great night, which ends in us making out in front of her apartment building. The way she looked at me before we kissed again seemed to tell me she felt the same way. However, she never returned any of my calls or texts after that, and in fact we didn't talk for months.

Fast forward to today. My job search has taken me to her part of the state. Back in March, I reached out to her and a couple of friends of mine that teach in that school division about things I should say and bring up in my interview. She wrote me back and gave me a wealth of information. I was told by the interviewer that they can guarantee me a teaching job, so now it's full steam ahead on relocating this summer. Ever since I made it known about my move we've been talking again quite a bit. I can't say 100% that she's still into me, but I have a feeling that is the case.

What would be the best approach to trying to pick up where we left off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 10:41 PM

900 posts, read 1,701,756 times
Wow. When you get settled in , just call her up and ask her out. Sounds like a great beginning. Best of luck to you

Old 05-23-2012, 10:47 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
I agree. Though I don't know what to make of her not returning your calls and texts, call her and ask her to coffee. Keep it casual, in case she's not THAT into you. You'll be able to gauge by her response to you. (And she may come out and say she's seeing someone.) If you keep it casual, you won't be risking anything. Good luck. Let us know if there's a happy ending to this.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:12 PM

733 posts, read 1,663,418 times
Sounds like two people that are mature, sincere, drama-free who didn't get together because of bad timing. Now it's your chance. Go get her!

Old 05-24-2012, 01:09 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Sounds to me like you're just fine. I wouldn't even bring up anything about starting out where you left off, instead play it by ear. Go out with her and spend some time with her and let the rest happen. No use jumping into something before it happens, if you see her again and are making out by the end of the night you don't have to worry too much

Old 05-24-2012, 03:55 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,791,661 times
It sounds like everything is going smoothly for you.

I wouldn't stress over the not returning phone calls just yet. There could be a number of reasons. It sounds like she enjoyed your last date but maybe, she had this weird idea that since she was moving away she wouldn't be able to see you anymore. And then there is also the fact that she was probably busy and concerned with learning and getting settled in her new job. Or still yet another possibility is, after she moved, she was leaving herself open to see what the dating options were in her new area. This is not an insult so don't feel slighted. Women will do this in order to weigh their options. It doesn't mean you're not still on her list. And maybe, now that she's had a chance to scope out her new area, perhaps her interest is returning to you.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:30 AM

44 posts, read 46,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrandall View Post

Fast forward to today. My job search has taken me to her part of the state.
Which I will translate to - I INTENTIONALLY search for a job in the state where she lives.

Am I right? or Am I right?

Your title admits it anyway - you just omit the obvious part so let me interject it.

Intentionally Chasing the one that got away.

So I dont know why you are asking what your next move will be since you obviously initiated this 'fate' anyway. I say just go on, coz fate agrees with your decision.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:47 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,193 times
She likes you if.......she goes out with you, talks to you, smiles at you.

She romantically likes you if......she kisses you and makes out with you and doesn't mention a boyfriend!

Seems like she does like you a lot!!! Just tell her how you feel. Take her out, tell her you have always fancied her like mad....she will be flattered and she may then tell you how she feels ......thats it.....BOOM....

Easy. If the worst thing happens and she looks horrified and shocked.......YIKES, that would be painful, but I doubt very much that would happen.....if, if, if...it did....just laugh and say "Don't be so shocked........your are lovely...sorry, didn't mean to offend you....forget it"! In jokey way...but, I think chances are she will respond positively. If she didn't, well at least you tried! Don't let her get away....tell her how you feel........DO IT!!!!

Old 05-24-2012, 05:18 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Love is in the air

Old 05-24-2012, 06:33 AM

727 posts, read 1,533,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imapro View Post
Which I will translate to - I INTENTIONALLY search for a job in the state where she lives.

Am I right? or Am I right?
You couldn't be any more wrong. There are a lot of job cuts in public education in this area, so I am moving to a part of the state that happens to be creating jobs. Not only that, but the good ol' boy network runs way too deep in this area; I am a very accomplished wrestling coach, and I got passed over for several head coaching jobs for people with zero coaching experience merely because they went to that school. The fact she's in this region is merely a coincidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships