Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 12:42 PM

35 posts, read 28,417 times

Advertisements

Am I chasing him or just showing interest? Please help me!! I promise to answer yours...?
I know he has interest in me, but was scared that I appeared uninterested or worst, he might have even thought I friend zoned him for many reasons. However I was definitely not doing it on purpose, somehow I just figured then he was not interested in me while the signs were all there ( I asked for example if he had any friends he could pair me with and all sorts of other inconsiderate remarks).

So, I took what I thought was a ''risk'' by inviting him casually over Facebook to grab a bite of the food we serve at my summer job. I do this with all my friends. I haven't heard from him since (3 days), which is understandable as he has no obligations to answer as we are not even close to dating.

However, I was wondering if I could send him a new message asking him whether the food was tasty or not in a fun witty way (he took some home, we were closing up or else it goes in the garbage). The message I have in mind is untranslatable.

I don't know considering that I've initiated three very casual convos on Facebook if that message is an and if it appears (even worse!) as a lame excuse for him not to ''forget'' about me knowing that sometimes women (and men of course) tend do this unconsciously. Would i just be polite/friendly or seem desperate by sending him a seemingly of an excuse just to contact him...

Or should I possibly wait for him to show up again (he asked what days I work) and ask then?

Also, at work it was nothing flirty, although he did seem to have this puppy eye look before leaving and seemed to try to prolongate the whole thing. He asked me to grab a coffee with him while I was working but I told him he had to go because we needed to pack up )

I apologize for my poor English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 12:47 PM

35 posts, read 28,417 times
Also, I'm new in this forum so I also apologize if I happen to have done anything wrong :P.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:48 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Forget Facebook. TALK to him.

And be nice to him, not silly.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:53 PM

362 posts, read 559,775 times
He's interested. He asked you out to coffee, you said no. Most guys aren't going to go in for another rejection.

You're just going to have to ask him out. Hopefully he is still interested.

Good luck :-)

Old 09-21-2013, 10:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
He asked you for coffee! !!! Take a bite!

Old 09-21-2013, 11:02 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Can't wait to see the guys response to this.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:45 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,365 times
no more facebook messages. just next time you see him asking what he did last weekend or gonna next weekend. if he asks why you asking, just say youre looking for some ideas.

really, for high school guys and early college, all you have to do is get near them and talk to them about their plans, whats going on, etc. and remind him of your facebook invite to see if "he got it". if he is mum, just ask him if he he is dating or has a girlfriend "cuz you can bring them along".

Old 09-22-2013, 04:49 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
no more facebook messages. just next time you see him asking what he did last weekend or gonna next weekend. if he asks why you asking, just say youre looking for some ideas.

really, for high school guys and early college, all you have to do is get near them and talk to them about their plans, whats going on, etc. and remind him of your facebook invite to see if "he got it". if he is mum, just ask him if he he is dating or has a girlfriend "cuz you can bring them along".
^^^ This.
Good luck!!

Old 09-23-2013, 12:47 PM

5,204 posts, read 4,666,583 times
I discourage women from chasing men who aren't really interested. However, there is nothing wrong with showing initiative and being aggressive in chasing down a man who you know is clearly interested in you. Who cares if you have to stick you neck out a little? In the end, you will both end up with what you want.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:54 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lili24 View Post
Am I chasing him or just showing interest? Please help me!! I promise to answer yours...?
I know he has interest in me, but was scared that I appeared uninterested or worst, he might have even thought I friend zoned him for many reasons. However I was definitely not doing it on purpose, somehow I just figured then he was not interested in me while the signs were all there ( I asked for example if he had any friends he could pair me with and all sorts of other inconsiderate remarks).

So, I took what I thought was a ''risk'' by inviting him casually over Facebook to grab a bite of the food we serve at my summer job. I do this with all my friends. I haven't heard from him since (3 days), which is understandable as he has no obligations to answer as we are not even close to dating.

However, I was wondering if I could send him a new message asking him whether the food was tasty or not in a fun witty way (he took some home, we were closing up or else it goes in the garbage). The message I have in mind is untranslatable.

I don't know considering that I've initiated three very casual convos on Facebook if that message is an and if it appears (even worse!) as a lame excuse for him not to ''forget'' about me knowing that sometimes women (and men of course) tend do this unconsciously. Would i just be polite/friendly or seem desperate by sending him a seemingly of an excuse just to contact him...

Or should I possibly wait for him to show up again (he asked what days I work) and ask then?

Also, at work it was nothing flirty, although he did seem to have this puppy eye look before leaving and seemed to try to prolongate the whole thing. He asked me to grab a coffee with him while I was working but I told him he had to go because we needed to pack up )

I apologize for my poor English.
Hmm

You have initiated 3 convos and went to lunch, and he still isn't initiating convo's with you? I call red flag.
Pursue him more if you want, but he should be putting more effort in.
I would guess he is either not that interested in you or he is really really dum. And guys aren't usualy that dumb about this stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships