Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 07:16 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times

Advertisements

Would you be okay with it if your husband didn't wear a wedding ring on his finger?

I tried wearing a ring once (a class ring) and it wasn't comfortable. Worst money spent on 22K gold and a birthstone ever. I wear enough non-clothing things on my body already. I wouldn't mind carrying it around for proof of marriage, but I am not wearing that **** on my finger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 07:22 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,805,785 times
I was married... and am now divorced when he left me after coming out of the closet (and cheating on me with men). I put the reason why for his leaving me because I think it helps qualify my answer a bit.

I don't care if a man wears his ring or not if I am married to him. My Ex wore his ring all the time and it didn't magically stop him from screwing around and eventually leaving me. On the other hand, my dad (who was faithful to my mom until he died) never wore his ring because it was dangerous to do so at his job (and he was just not used to wearing it). Same with my grandfather who also couldn't wear a ring at work.

A ring is only good if the man wearing it is too. It's not a magic ring of marriage protection.

Now, I am single again now and I find men not wearing rings when they are married to be confusing sometimes. I don't flirt if I see the ring but if I don't see one I might (and the man might be married and not wearing one--which leads to awkwardness)... but that's a problem for me, not the men I figure.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I was married... and am now divorced when he left me after coming out of the closet (and cheating on me with men). I put the reason why for his leaving me because I think it helps qualify my answer a bit.

I don't care if a man wears his ring or not if I am married to him. My Ex wore his ring all the time and it didn't magically stop him from screwing around and eventually leaving me. On the other hand, my dad (who was faithful to my mom until he died) never wore his ring because it was dangerous to do so at his job (and he was just not used to wearing it). Same with my grandfather who also couldn't wear a ring at work.

A ring is only good if the man wearing it is too. It's not a magic ring of marriage protection.

Now, I am single again now and I find men not wearing rings when they are married to be confusing sometimes. I don't flirt if I see the ring but if I don't see one I might (and the man might be married and not wearing one--which leads to awkwardness)... but that's a problem for me, not the men I figure.
From what I have heard, women AND men flirt with people regardless of the ring.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:28 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Does not matter to me either way and my husband and I both go on and off with wearing our rings. No particular reason why we do or don't it just happens. It could be working outside, going to be camping and don't want to lose them (mine really need sized down), a spider bite (yes he got a spider bite on his left ring finger, it was awful).

We both know we are married and that is what counts.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:30 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,805,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
From what I have heard, women AND men flirt with people regardless of the ring.
Yeah, there are people out there like that. I ran into my fair share too (men who would flirt with me and then actually reach out and touch my wedding ring--ugh, what creeps). And I hear that there are women that go for the men with a ring just to fool around (some think they can be a mistress and blackmail men, danging their marriages over their heads).

But I like to think that most men and women respect other people's marriages. Then again, I really have no idea what the statistics are on something like that. It's just wishful thinking on my part.

But basically, like I said, to answer your question, to me it's not the wearing or not wearing of a ring that matters to me so much as the personality, integrity, and honor of the man wearing it.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:31 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
I don't wear one for undisclosed reasons.

All you have to do is ask.

I do like Jillabean's comment... " a ring is only as good as the guy wearing it"

Old 05-28-2013, 07:37 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,988 times
When we first got married, it was important to me. After I saw women hitting on him anyway, I stopped caring whether he wore his ring or not. Either I trust him or I don't trust him. But that ring isn't a magical force field.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:38 AM

249 posts, read 473,731 times
I would have a problem with my husband not wearing a ring. Why even exchange rings if you are not going to wear it ? Ring or no ring does not guaranty that they will be faithful to you but how will anyone know that you are spoken for without a symbol. Many people hide their rings to appear single..

Old 05-28-2013, 07:44 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post

Funny my husband told me the opposite. That women flirt more if they see a guy wearing wedding ring. I've heard that line before he told me that.

MY husband and I didn't wear a ring for a month after we wed in court. And so that's what my husband told me. But he eventually bought us a ring to wear.

I myself don't wear it everyday. My husband wears his wedding ring everyday though.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleecya View Post
I would have a problem with my husband not wearing a ring. Why even exchange rings if you are not going to wear it ? Ring or no ring does not guaranty that they will be faithful to you but how will anyone know that you are spoken for without a symbol. Many people hide their rings to appear single..
I don't know why people exchange rings....

...But according to other people the tradition is to offer a woman expensive jewelry in return for marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships