Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 04:20 PM

177 posts, read 303,683 times

Advertisements

I know this is a extreme sensitive for some and I apologize for it.

But hypothetically say your in a relationship and it ends while you are newly pregnant. How did it all work out? I wouldn't want to raise w child in a single parent home. That's a lot for the kid and adult, especially if said adult is employed full time.
Why put that type of work on yourself?

Would it just be better to send the gift back to god?

But if you did not. How is the relationship between you and the child's father now?

Old 05-30-2013, 04:26 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,805,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky2Sharks View Post

But hypothetically say your in a relationship and it ends while you are newly pregnant. How did it all work out? I wouldn't want to raise w child in a single parent home. That's a lot for the kid and adult, especially if said adult is employed full time.

But if you did not. How is the relationship between you and the child's father now?
I'm going to say that I am firmly against abortion in these types of circumstances. The only cases where I think abortion should be an option is in cases of rape, incest, or danger to the mother' life. I don't think this is an easy situation and all the more reason I think sex ed needs to be taught fully and Plan B should be readily available. I respect how difficult this decision would be for a woman.

No I damn sure don't think it would be better to "send the gift back to God." (that just sounds sick and conceited, this from a self-confessed selfish a-hole)

Old 05-30-2013, 04:26 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,815,974 times
It would really depend on the situation. I don't think I could give a blanket response to that.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:28 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,333,155 times
Quote:

Hypothetically there is no reason to ask such a question just to cause a huge uproar/debate on the forum.

In real life there is NO blanket answer, whatever the individuals involved choose is what they choose and it is or should not be the concern of anyone else.

PS ~~ You cannot be "newly" pregnant, you are either pregnant and recently found out OR you are not pregnant.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM

677 posts, read 1,195,095 times
If the relationship ended, abortion is always the best option.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,662,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
It would really depend on the situation. I don't think I could give a blanket response to that.
This is basically how I feel. At this point in my life, having a child is not an option, so I simply don't have sex. Extreme? Maybe.

Regardless, if I had just gotten out of the relationship and was newly pregnant I would probably get an abortion and I have no 'moral' qualms about that. Ask me again in 10 years when my fertility will be nearly zilch and I might have a much different answer.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:36 PM

177 posts, read 303,683 times
Yeah.
This was dumb to ask. There is no right answer.

I'm sorry. Thanks for your time tho.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:46 PM

332 posts, read 436,543 times
Abortion. Kids are a burden.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:59 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,067,356 times
Quote:

I'm pro choice, but this phrase is just not good. ^^ Please don't ever use it again.

It is a choice only you can make, though. I think from your post you know what you want to do and should follow through.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:20 PM

775 posts, read 1,261,171 times
I am pro choice and have had terminated a pregnancy before but that was for medical reasons. Personally, I feel if you are going to have intercourse and you know that pregnancy is a direct result of having intercourse (even BC isnt 100%) you need to take responsibility for your choice. Meaning aborting a pregnancy because it will be an inconvenience to you is not really a good excuse or reason to do it.
And hearing that phrase "gift from god" coming from someone asking a question like this is in bad taste. There are many women who would do anything to get pregnant and have a baby. To throw that insensitive and ingnorant comment around is in poor taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships