Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 10:02 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,814,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Another point, just because a couple is married, doesn't mean they want a kids. It's common for married couples to use abortion clinics too. A couple might already have kids and not be able to afford another.

"The resulting figures shocked NAF President Vicki Saporta, who called to tell me that every year since 2008, a whopping 72 percent of NAF clients looking to terminate a pregnancy were already mothers" Most surprising abortion statistic: The majority of women who terminate pregnancies are already mothers. - Slate Magazine
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
We're married and have been for the last 15yrs. We also have 4 children but we had ALWAYS used 2 forms of birth control until we were ready to add to the family. He had a vasectomy a few years ago, but I still don't trust that 100%.

Just because someone is married or in a long-term relationship/commitment doesn't mean that they want to have a child.
I said about the same earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 10:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,902,547 times
There are alternatives to sexual intercourse if you get my drift. These don't cause pregnancy and still cause pleasure. I would be paranoid many times having sex because of the risk even though I was careful. However I know people who have become parents even while using method such as the pill, condoms, IUD or vasectomy.

I am amazed by how stupid some are about this. When I met this one guy last year off a dating site he mentioned having unprotected sex with me because "not like you can get pregnant at your age". I had to tell him that yes I can since I haven't gone though menopause yet and even women in periomenopause (the period about 5 years before menopause)can get pregnant (no I am not even in this either). It turns out I never saw him again anyway because he was a freak but still amazes me people are stupid.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:26 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,003,959 times
Quote:
There are alternatives to sexual intercourse if you get my drift. These don't cause pregnancy and still cause pleasure
Well, if semen, or even pre-c*m, is involved then you still have about the same risk as intercourse with two kinds of birth control.

Quote:
I am amazed by how stupid some are about this. When I met this one guy last year off a dating site he mentioned having unprotected sex with me because "not like you can get pregnant at your age".
Inorite? When I was 41 and dating a guy who was 31, he asked me if I still got periods!

Old 06-02-2013, 10:34 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,814,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Well, if semen, or even pre-c*m, is involved then you still have about the same risk as intercourse with two kinds of birth control.

Inorite? When I was 41 and dating a guy who was 31, he asked me if I still got periods!
I have an aunt who had kids in her 20's. 18 years after her youngest child, she got pregnant with twins at 47. I think her oldest child was about 25. My baby cousin is just 2 years older than my daughter and he is spoiled rotten.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,649,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
How do their friends react? How would those same friends react if the woman left the country, and left the baby on the guy's doorstep?
Those two friends are not our friends any longer. They were basically 'shunned' from our group and everyone is pretty disgusted with them. We are still in touch with the women and children they left though. Yes, we would have acted the same way if one of us gals did the same thing. Even if it was an 'accident', you don't just abandon your children period.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:46 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,388,333 times
I like two: condom + birth control.

In the 15 or so years I've been on birth control, I never got pregnant once!

Old 06-03-2013, 02:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,672,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
When I was on birth control, I never got pregnant when I didn't want to be either. I took it for years and then I got an IUD after having kids. IUD was my favorite.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:02 PM

39,253 posts, read 27,650,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Well, my friend's mother told her once,

"Don't ever have sex with someone you wouldn't mind waking up married to."

I think that was in reference to the idea that if you are going to do a deed that could result in something as significant as a baby, you want to be really choosy about it.
^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^

Old 06-03-2013, 03:06 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,649,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I like two: condom + birth control.

My Mom was on BC pills and they used condoms and she got pregnant with me Then, she was told she was sterile because of cancer stuff and she got pregnant with my brother. My aunt got her tubes tied and got pregnant with my cousin.

My family is super fertile.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:25 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,236,641 times
How come the world is so full of women that had kids on birth control?

There seems to be no shortage of tales of "I/She got pregnant on birth control".

I've been hearing this **** ever since learning about reproduction.

Guess 99% is a useless statistics when people are having sex hundreds of times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships