Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 03:30 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,493,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
How many forms of birth control should be used?

One?
Two?
Three?
Four or more?

Or should the two people stay abstain from having sex?

Too often you see a scenario where a woman gets pregnant and at least one person in the relationship does not want to deal with a baby or a have a committed relationship with the other person. The risks for a pregnancy due to any one sexual intercourse is low, but due to the simple law of LARGE NUMBERS means that somebody out there is getting involved in a pregnancy they did not want to involve themselves in.

...The more layers of birth control, the more security, however, some methods of birth control take away the pleasure from sex.
Take abstinence off the table--it never works.

They should be using two forms of contraception. Either the pill or an IUD for her, and condoms for him. Only condoms protect against STDs. And please, don't give me that stuff about how "some methods of birth control take away the pleasure from sex." Condoms do no such thing; you just have to use them often enough and you'll get used to them. And if you don't use condoms and she gets pregnant, don't complain if you end up having to pay child support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 03:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,686,902 times
Quote:
How come the world is so full of women that had kids on birth control?

There seems to be no shortage of tales of "I/She got pregnant on birth control".

I've been hearing this **** ever since learning about reproduction.

Guess 99% is a useless statistics when people are having sex hundreds of times.
Law of large numbers.

99% is great and all, but that still leaves thousands of women getting pregnant.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:33 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,819,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I like two: condom + birth control.

In the 15 or so years I've been on birth control, I never got pregnant once!
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
When I was on birth control, I never got pregnant when I didn't want to be either. I took it for years and then I got an IUD after having kids. IUD was my favorite.
I combined bc for years without problems. Until I became a statistic and got my youngest child. Two isn't a guarantee.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:38 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,249,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Law of large numbers.

99% is great and all, but that still leaves thousands of women getting pregnant.
I know, I mentioned it earlier in the OP.

But, sigh, condoms are a *****, the only ones that get a man off are too thin to be safe.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
How come the world is so full of women that had kids on birth control?

There seems to be no shortage of tales of "I/She got pregnant on birth control".

I've been hearing this **** ever since learning about reproduction.

Guess 99% is a useless statistics when people are having sex hundreds of times.

That still leaves thousands. Plus, someone women lie. Some women don't know much about their fertility (neither do some men). Some women aren't informed when taking another medication that it contraindicates their BC. Some women 'aren't trying but aren't not trying' (I never understood the reasoning behind that one). Some women forget or don't take bc correctly. And some men **** with their BC. Reproductive Coercion: When Men Sabotage Birth Control - The Cut

There are a whole range of reasons.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Take abstinence off the table--it never works.

They should be using two forms of contraception. Either the pill or an IUD for her, and condoms for him. Only condoms protect against STDs. And please, don't give me that stuff about how "some methods of birth control take away the pleasure from sex." Condoms do no such thing; you just have to use them often enough and you'll get used to them. And if you don't use condoms and she gets pregnant, don't complain if you end up having to pay child support.
BULL****!

I know two people who had no sex before marriage. Abstinence worked for them.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I know, I mentioned it earlier in the OP.

But, sigh, condoms are a *****, the only ones that get a man off are too thin to be safe.
Most men are fine.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
BULL****!

I know two people who had no sex before marriage. Abstinence worked for them.
And how old were they when they got married? 35? 19?

Old 06-03-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Most men are fine.
I must be one of those with low sensitivity then.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
And how old were they when they got married? 35? 19?

They were a religious couple though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships