Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 10:53 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,726,941 times

Advertisements

i recently bought a whole bunch of decent rings that i wear to create some mystery. and it works. ive been asked at least twice what the rings are for and by attractive girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 11:04 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,965,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Many think I'm married. My son's teacher during a conference said, "Hi Mrs. So and So. I met your husband last time."
Me-o_O
"Do you know something I don't know?"
Haha, A while back I was at a bar chatting with a woman. After a while of chatting, the guy she was with starts chatting and called the woman his fiancé. She didn't hear the guy say fiancé. I noticed no ring, so I mentioned that the guy said "fiancé."
She was NOT pleased he said that.

Hahhaha, men

Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 AM

192 posts, read 382,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
i recently bought a whole bunch of decent rings that i wear to create some mystery. and it works. ive been asked at least twice what the rings are for and by attractive girls.
lol are you "Mystery" from "The Game" ?

Old 06-04-2013, 11:13 AM

102,256 posts, read 108,215,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
First off, ignore statements like that woman made, she is unable to see any other lifestyle but her own as normal.
Second, unfortunately, society deems you need to be a couple to be successful...that is so untrue, and it is slowly changing...
and yes, I have experienced this, but, I always say, "I don't have to be a couple to be successful, you can be with someone and feel the epitomy of lonliness, and I don't want to live my life according to what someone else's idea is of a relationship/marriage.
That wasn't the OP's point. The OP was asking, why would her co-worker assume she's single, just because she sees her alone once or twice/week? "Always so alone", is what the co-worker said. That makes no sense at all. What "always"? Of course she's going to be alone at work--who goes to work with their SO? Maybe she grocery shops alone; not unusual--most women do the shopping for the couple or family. I never assume anyone's single. I look for a ring, if I want to know. And not all married persons wear rings, so you never know for sure.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:27 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,935,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Haha, A while back I was at a bar chatting with a woman. After a while of chatting, the guy she was with starts chatting and called the woman his fiancé. She didn't hear the guy say fiancé. I noticed no ring, so I mentioned that the guy said "fiancé."
She was NOT pleased he said that.

Hahhaha, men
Lol, I would of laughed.

My best guy friend said he would marry me if we aren't married by 40. This was in our 20's

At the time I said,"G thanks"

But he found an older women who is his love of his life.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:53 PM

111 posts, read 223,947 times
Is it possible your coworker just meant "How come you never eat lunch/chill out in the breakroom/gossip with anyone?" It might not be about your relationship status at all.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:10 PM

102,256 posts, read 108,215,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShadow View Post
Is it possible your coworker just meant "How come you never eat lunch/chill out in the breakroom/gossip with anyone?" It might not be about your relationship status at all.
So she could have said, "we'd love to see you in the breakroom for lunch/break" or "you should join us in the breakroom sometime", instead of talking about something else entirely. How hard is that?

Old 06-04-2013, 02:11 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,956,636 times
Yeah, I think the constant goofy smile on my face says it all!

Old 06-04-2013, 02:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,664,232 times
I have a shirt that says 'STARFLEET ACADEMY ALUMNI' and my friends joke around that it's my 'I'm single' shirt.

Other than that, I've been told I come across as definitely not single because I'm fairly comfortable wherever I am even if I'm alone. I guess single women act uppity? I'm honestly not sure.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:07 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,723,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
A coworker told me, "you're always so alone,". This is a woman who sees me maybe twice a week.
That woman was rude to you and you should say something to her about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships