Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:35 PM

290 posts, read 567,809 times

Advertisements

I like him but I feel that he's not that into me. It would be nice to hear from him sometimes and to see him atleast once a week. If he's not into me that I understand and I wish him luck.

I'm not good in putting words together to effectively communicate my thoughts. People sometimes take it the wrong way or misunderstood me. How do I tell him that without sounding manipulative or needy?

I don't like to chase so I'm willing to give him up but I would like to communicate my thoughts to him first.

Last edited by Missganda; 06-05-2013 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: Edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 03:39 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
I think he is communicating loud and clear to you.

If your gut is telling you he's not into you, he is not.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:50 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
It would be nice to hear from him sometimes and to see him atleast once a week.
Why can't you say just this? If he was into you, it wouldn't change his opinions about you. If he wasn't into you, you won't make it worse by sounding needy or clingy.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I think he is communicating loud and clear to you.

If your gut is telling you he's not into you, he is not.
How do I tell him that without sounding manipulative or needy?

Old 06-05-2013, 03:56 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
What does a "guy's language" have to do with this? Don't worry about sounding manipulative or needy. Just tell him how you feel and that won't be manipulating at all.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:00 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
I like him but I feel that he's not that into me. It would be nice to hear from him sometimes and to see him atleast once a week. If he's not into me that I understand and I wish him luck.

I'm not good in putting words together to effectively communicate my thoughts. People sometimes take it the wrong way or misunderstood me. How do I tell him that without sounding manipulative or needy?

Why not just tell him what you posted? Is this the same guy that's super busy with jobs and school? Asking to hear from him and see him at least once a week is NOT clingy or needy at all. If he thinks that's needy then find someone else. Just tell him you don't want to sound clingy or anything but you'd like to try and see each other at least once a week and talk every few days. Doesn't need to be every day. Nothing wrong with asking him how he feels about you. If you don't ask, he won't tell.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:00 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:

I don't like to chase so I'm willing to give him up but I would like to communicate my thoughts to him first.
Why say anything? If you're not even seeing him or hearing from him once/week, just let it go. You have one or two other prospects, right? Give your time and attention to them. And if Mr. Disappearing Act should suddenly call, you can tell him you're busy, or you're taken, he missed the boat. If he's not even calling you, then he's already signaling you that he's not that into you. He's voting with his feet. I'd suggest you do the same.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why say anything? If you're not even seeing him or hearing from him once/week, just let it go. You have one or two other prospects, right? Give your time and attention to them. And if Mr. Disappearing Act should suddenly call, you can tell him you're busy, or you're taken, he missed the boat. If he's not even calling you, then he's already signaling you that he's not that into you. He's voting with his feet. I'd suggest you do the same.
Lately I've been seeing him once a week but the last couple dates were lunch dates and dates that we had to " squeeze in" because of his busy schedule. The thing is when were together, I can tell that he's into me. Eversince, we started dating he's not the type of guy that communicates often by calling or texting but I like him to do it more.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:22 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
Why don't you just say, "I'd like to see you and communicate more." Simple straightforward and to the point. People often misread what the other person is thinking or feeling, even after being married for many years, so its no surprise it could happen with someone new.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
You can't say it. It will then set a goal he will feel like he has to meet.

Instead, let your actions reflect what you want him to do. Lead by example. Text or call him when you want to, with respect for his schedule.

If he says something about, "I just talked to you yesterday," THEN you can say something like, "I would love to hear from you more often."

He will let you know why he can or can't. Then you have to live with his choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships