Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 10:11 AM

551 posts, read 1,123,583 times

Advertisements

The question is for you girls that actually would do this. She's pissing me off only because I like her, otherwise I wouldn't care (Well i am very close to not caring).

How do you get caught staring at a guy, give him your number, give him a nickname, laugh at his jokes, let him put his arm around you, listen in on his convos with other people and never manage to text them first as time goes by? When I text her it goes good btw. Last time I had enough and we went without texting for 3 weeks.

This girl seems shy around me (not interested most times) and im sure i've done enough for her to get passed the BS... never did I see a girl act like this yet request for the guy to be talkative with her in person. She just acts very usual, doesn't know what to say or do.

Every girl that has liked me makes sure that we talk. Yes, I even dealt with shy ones and they opened up.... she on the other hand is ridiculous and im about to be done with it. Somebody tell me what going on? There is other girls I have around but when it comes to the one I like, I like them strongly. I hate when I get like this with something that aint mine.

Last edited by AstonMartinNY; 06-08-2013 at 10:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 10:27 AM

9 posts, read 10,743 times
Sorry- I don't know all the details but if you were at a party or some other social setting (happy hour, dinner out, etc), that might have something to do with how comfortable she was initially. And...was alcohol involved? People tend to be 'friendlier' with a little help, I guess.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:37 AM

551 posts, read 1,123,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire080 View Post
Sorry- I don't know all the details but if you were at a party or some other social setting (happy hour, dinner out, etc), that might have something to do with how comfortable she was initially. And...was alcohol involved? People tend to be 'friendlier' with a little help, I guess.
This is school. You made me laugh btw.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:50 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,008,623 times
Some girls are taught that if they EVER text a guy first he will use her and dump her. Maybe she thinks that. Or maybe she just doesn't like you that much, I have no idea.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,660,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Some girls are taught that if they EVER text a guy first he will use her and dump her. Maybe she thinks that. Or maybe she just doesn't like you that much, I have no idea.
Yep. This is basically what I've been told because if I want to talk to someone, I'll just go ahead and call/text him. My friends told me NEVER to call/text first because the guy will think I'm desperate or clingy or pushy and not be interested anymore.

So, OP, why don't you let her know that you'd like her to initiate? Make her comfortable and let her know that you're not going to see her as desperate.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,927,778 times
Maybe she needs a taste of distance. Don't talk to her.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:07 PM

176 posts, read 979,867 times
Yes it's true that most women are taught that the men should always reach out first but this advice is usually given by people who you shouldn't take advice from. Mature women and a woman who is truly into you know that communication is a 2 way street.

She could not be into you, keeping you on the side or listen to the advice that most foolish people follow. How knows if you don't ask? OP I suggest that you talk to this girl and let her know that you shouldn't be doing all the initiation. Let her know how you feel. If she truly likes you and understands she will listen to you and start initiating contact. If she continues this behavior then dump her and find a girl who's into you just as much you are into her. Don't waste anymore of your precious time.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:09 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,584,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post
The question is for you girls that actually would do this. She's pissing me off only because I like her, otherwise I wouldn't care (Well i am very close to not caring).

How do you get caught staring at a guy (are you sure she wasn't glaring at you?), give him your number (she was being polite), give him a nickname (she does that to guys she doesn't like), laugh at his jokes (again, being polite), let him put his arm around you (she didn't want to slap you arm off her in front of everyone), listen in on his convos with other people and never manage to text them first as time goes by? (she is dumbfounded by how boorish you are) When I text her it goes good btw. Last time I had enough and we went without texting for 3 weeks (this should have been biggest clue she doesn't like you).

This girl seems shy around me (not interested most times) and im sure i've done enough for her to get passed the BS... (shy and not interested are two different things, my vote is for the latter) never did I see a girl act like this yet request for the guy to be talkative with her in person. She just acts very usual, doesn't know what to say or do.

Every girl that has liked me makes sure that we talk. Yes, I even dealt with shy ones and they opened up.... she on the other hand is ridiculous and im about to be done with it. Somebody tell me what going on? There is other girls I have around but when it comes to the one I like, I like them strongly. I hate when I get like this with something that aint mine.
Just my two cents.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,927,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Just my two cents.
Lol you are so bad.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:55 PM

706 posts, read 1,206,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post
Last time I had enough and we went without texting for 3 weeks.
If it went this long without contact, I'd say she's not interested. If I like someone I contact them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships