Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 06:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So, guys. when looking for a LTR, what the highest age range you can possibly go when dating a woman?
my standard response is

"18-80 blind cripple or crazy"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 06:33 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
5 yrs older or younger is my general rule, more than that and it's a case by case basis.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:31 PM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
I might be open to a little older but I'm 59 and find I don't really have anything in common with older women.

Right now it's either younger or not at all.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:51 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I might be open to a little older but I'm 59 and find I don't really have anything in common with older women.

Right now it's either younger or not at all.
nothing in common with older women? really? you mean you have no life experience despite being 59?

Old 06-15-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
nothing in common with older women? really? you mean you have no life experience despite being 59?
What a dumb question and one not worth answering.

I have high energy and like to go out and do various things, most things seniors are not interested in doing.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
What a dumb question and one not worth answering.

I have high energy and like to go out and do various things, most things seniors are not interested in doing.
I think he meant you would have something in common with them.Both like the beach.Both lived in this world the past 10 yrs and know about recent current events.Although I get your point as well.You want someone like you, want fun in life.Doesn't talk about how many bm's they had in a day.Or the highlight of the day is bingo (although I played it in Vegas is was fun.lol)

Old 06-15-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I think he meant you would have something in common with them.Both like the beach.Both lived in this world the past 10 yrs and know about recent current events.Although I get your point as well.You want someone like you, want fun in life.Doesn't talk about how many bm's they had in a day.Or the highlight of the day is bingo (although I played it in Vegas is was fun.lol)
Nice post, Raena.

My response had to do with the context of going out and quality time spent. Like the topic, dating.
It's my life and I do not care to date older. I scoff at suggestions to me to join a senior citizens group. Maybe they are just trying to help but I am already very down about getting older so this is not a route I want to take, especially when my energy level is still high.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Nice post, Raena.

My response had to do with the context of going out and quality time spent. Like the topic, dating.
It's my life and I do not care to date older. I scoff at suggestions to me to join a senior citizens group. Maybe they are just trying to help but I am already very down about getting older so this is not a route I want to take, especially when my energy level is still high.
Are you kidding I can't wait to be that old biddy that speaks her mind and tells the cashier to hurry the hell up! Do I look like I wanna chit chat?

Senior citizen discounts! To grow old enough for other drivers to fear me.heh heh!

Old 06-15-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding I can't wait to be that old biddy that speaks her mind and tells the cashier to hurry the hell up! Do I look like I wanna chit chat?

Senior citizen discounts! To grow old enough for other drivers to fear me.heh heh!
People look at you a lot different when you get older in other aspects of life as well.

How you are on the inside usually gets ignored. I have stories, especially recently. But a lot of people my age did turn angry and bitter.

You can still speak your mind now, no? You sure do that on this board.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:39 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Nice post, Raena.

If I was your age (single, healthy and active) I wouldn't be interested in women older than me. Hopefully, by then, I would be in a relationship and wont have to worry about dating.

Quote:

I envision myself on a island in the South Pacific somewhere far into my retirement, wasting away what years I have left with or without a partner; hopefully, with a partner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships