Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 12:29 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times

Advertisements

Men know what other men's intentions are. I am curious how much do men talk about their ex girlfriends to other men. I know it depends how often the friends see each other and how close they are. If they are casual friends who rarely spend time together (once a year maybe), how often do ex girlfriends tend to come up in conversation when they usually like to talk about golf or something? And does it usually go deeper than "we broke up" when discussing an ex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 12:31 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
I think Jet Jockey is our resident expert on this topic, since she worked in an all-male (except for her) environment.

I've always heard that men are the worst gossips.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:37 AM

lol, I was expecting the first response to say "more".

Old 06-08-2013, 12:41 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
I never speak about my exes, and rarely do my friends bring up there exes in conversations.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:49 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Men know what other men's intentions are. I am curious how much do men talk about their ex girlfriends to other men. I know it depends how often the friends see each other and how close they are. If they are casual friends who rarely spend time together (once a year maybe), how often do ex girlfriends tend to come up in conversation when they usually like to talk about golf or something? And does it usually go deeper than "we broke up" when discussing an ex?
What do you mean by "as much as women talk about men"?

I don't talk about my ex's to anyone...nor do any of my girlfriends.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:52 AM

I talk about my exes. My girlfriends know my exes so I think it's normal but we talk about even the ones they never met.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:55 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,361 times
Here's your answer:

http://youtu.be/JoJxmt5Euuo?t=1m52s

Another quote:

Quote:
I was at the gym the other day working out with my buddy. My buddy Joey. And he goes "hey, man, I'm getting a divorce." I said "Wow, that sucks. Can you spot me?" That was our whole conversation! So then I go home to my wife, and I say "Hey, Joey is getting a divorce." She goes "Oh, my God! What happened?" "I dunno." "What do you mean you don't know? Is she cheating on him, is he cheating on her?" "Again, I'm not holding anything back here, I don't know!" She goes "Bill, someone tells you they're getting a divorce and you don't ask any questions?" And I go "Well, that's because he didn't ask me a question! He didn't say 'hey Bill, what do you think about me getting a divorce?', he said, 'I'm getting a divorce', which said to me, 'I require no further input on your part.'" If he had said 'What do you think about me getting a divorce?', I'd have said, 'Well, you're gonna be dating again, so you should work on your abs'.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:45 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,414 times
Among my crowd men may talk about a hunting dog, ref making a bad call in the super bowl, their favorite sweatshirt succumbing to old age, for years. An ex just doesn't have that level of importance and you hardly hear a word about an ex girlfriend. No, not kidding.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:48 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I talk about my exes. My girlfriends know my exes so I think it's normal but we talk about even the ones they never met.
I believe you are the exception, not the rule.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:00 AM

688 posts, read 897,166 times
Oh, we talk about women. Just not any woman in particular, generally. Most men aren't nearly the gossipers that most women are. Just about everyone I know will attest, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Among my crowd men may talk about a hunting dog, ref making a bad call in the super bowl, their favorite sweatshirt succumbing to old age, for years. An ex just doesn't have that level of importance and you hardly hear a word about an ex girlfriend. No, not kidding.
This is just about right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships