Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 01:30 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Maybe hurricane is secretly gay, I would rather go work on a plane or go flying then cook
You're just jealous no one wants to see you in heels and a dress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 03:29 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This is an excellent point. And I believe it's manipulation of those women..leading them on making them believe they're loved/liked...dangling the possibility of a relationship in front of them only for the man to just ditch them as soon as someone better comes along. As someone who has had that happen to her it's absolutely heartbreaking and WILL stick with a woman for a good long time.

I still have major trust issues because of what happened to me. But that's what happens when men use women for sex and pretend to like them.
But jet women do the same crap though lol. Many women bang guys they have no intentions of being in relationships with because of "deal breakers". But no one ever says men in that situation are being used for sex.

Now that I think about it, Ive never heard anyone say a guy was "used" for sex in any context

Old 06-14-2013, 03:35 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why is every thread about 'shallowness' or 'looks' turned into a short guy thread? Every. Single. One.

Women may be more vocal about their 'dealbreakers' but men simply ignore and pretend their 'dealbreakers' don't exist. They won't even become friend with women who are unattractive or that they don't want to eventually have sex with.

I used to feel sympathy for shorter men. Not so much anymore because it seems everything seems to be about them and their 'shortcomings'.
Height is the epicenter of the argument and the first batter up in the world of deal-breakers Jet, especially and particularly for women against men.

It's reality. It's the truth. It's ubiquitous.

Any time the word "shallow" comes into the equation when we're talking about deal-breakers in dating, what's the first and most popular physical trait that is scrutinized in a man? H-E-I-G-H-T!

You can't ignore it.

I was indirectly, yet politely insulted on the way home from work the other day. Three women in the range of 5'10 to just over 6'0, gave me attitude because I said "excuse me" softly and politely to exit the subway door where one of them was ignorantly blocking. I think my bag accidently brushed her which prompted her to say "it must suck to be a short guy, they're always getting in my way, effing little guy with attitude." Loud enough so I could here it, and I was the only short guy who got off at that time. Need I say more? Just for saying excuse me without being harsh? AND for being several inches shorter than these ladies?

I've had women friends in my life where sexual intimacy wasn't on the radar. Just good friends and nothing more, so your point about guys not wanting to be friends with women they won't eventually have sex with is not always true.

What I don't do is allow more females to come into my life who want to use me as their bad mouth platform. I'm not getting paid for this therapy. I don't have time to sit and listen to ladies who bad mouth other guys and only call me for my friendship if they need a punching bag or a shoulder to cry on.

Waste of time, waste of life.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:02 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Height is the epicenter of the argument and the first batter up in the world of deal-breakers Jet, especially and particularly for women against men.

It's reality. It's the truth. It's ubiquitous.

Any time the word "shallow" comes into the equation when we're talking about deal-breakers in dating, what's the first and most popular physical trait that is scrutinized in a man? H-E-I-G-H-T!

You can't ignore it.

I was indirectly, yet politely insulted on the way home from work the other day. Three women in the range of 5'10 to just over 6'0, gave me attitude because I said "excuse me" softly and politely to exit the subway door where one of them was ignorantly blocking. I think my bag accidently brushed her which prompted her to say "it must suck to be a short guy, they're always getting in my way, effing little guy with attitude." Loud enough so I could here it, and I was the only short guy who got off at that time. Need I say more? Just for saying excuse me without being harsh? AND for being several inches shorter than these ladies?

I've had women friends in my life where sexual intimacy wasn't on the radar. Just good friends and nothing more, so your point about guys not wanting to be friends with women they won't eventually have sex with is not always true.

What I don't do is allow more females to come into my life who want to use me as their bad mouth platform. I'm not getting paid for this therapy. I don't have time to sit and listen to ladies who bad mouth other guys and only call me for my friendship if they need a punching bag or a shoulder to cry on.

Waste of time, waste of life.
omg

Old 06-14-2013, 06:14 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Maybe hurricane is secretly gay, I would rather go work on a plane or go flying then cook
I like women, cooking, and keeping a clean house.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
You're just jealous no one wants to see you in heels and a dress.
I do!

Old 06-14-2013, 06:46 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I like women, cooking, and keeping a clean house.
You're awesome, ignore Mr Grumpy Pants. He's busy protecting his life partner the plane from the next gold digger that comes his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I do!
I don't know, will he shave his legs first?

Old 06-14-2013, 07:14 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
But jet women do the same crap though lol. Many women bang guys they have no intentions of being in relationships with because of "deal breakers". But no one ever says men in that situation are being used for sex.

Now that I think about it, Ive never heard anyone say a guy was "used" for sex in any context
Having sex with someone you have no intentions of being in a relationship with is quite different from manipulating someone leading them on with false hope of something you know they desire and would influence their decision to have sex with you then having sex and ditching them.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post

I don't know, will he shave his legs first?
I kinda hope he doesn't.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:17 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Having sex with someone you have no intentions of being in a relationship with is quite different from manipulating someone leading them on with false hope of something you know they desire and would influence their decision to have sex with you then having sex and ditching them.
My dear old dad said "any woman worth having sex with is worth marrying" - I think he had that right...don't get involved with anyone - unless you are thinking long term...Just to have sex and then dump them is kind of dirty and shows no class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships