Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 01:02 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Many men do enjoy a pretty face, though there is a thing called make up.
Unless those pretty faces never end up naked in your bed, then you either lower the bar or masterbate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 01:03 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckG2008 View Post
True, but I was mostly talking about natural physical characteristics, and on top of that most women enjoy a handsome face on a man as well
But women can make themselves much prettier with make up, and men can't so us guys are screwed. Women can manipulate themselves to look good, we can't.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:18 AM

592 posts, read 461,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
But women can make themselves much prettier with make up, and men can't so us guys are screwed. Women can manipulate themselves to look good, we can't.
And isn't it sadly ironic how it is acceptable for women to enhance their height by up to 5-6 inches while women are usually not judged by height anyway, and yet us men, who are greatly judged by height, cannot do such a thing!!

Old 06-10-2013, 01:34 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
And isn't it sadly ironic how it is acceptable for women to enhance their height by up to 5-6 inches while women are usually not judged by height anyway, and yet us men, who are greatly judged by height, cannot do such a thing!!
We could get a *slight* boost by wearing subtle elevator shoes.

Also, women can show off cleavage, stomach, legs, etc. with no problems. Men on dating sites are told *no shirtless pics*

Old 06-10-2013, 02:24 AM

863 posts, read 1,129,347 times
The discussions on who is more shallow will never end, but here's my experience anyway:

I'm a 5'3" guy and it sucks. Throughout the years, I've been told by women friends, in random discussions, that they're only attracted to tall men. I've even had a conversation with 3 women co-workers the other day who each felt the same way. One of them (5'10") expressed her annoyance that "short women are taking away all of our men." Another (5'5") is married, stating that while she loved taller men, she ended up marrying her husband at "only" 5'10". Last I heard, 5'10" was still above the national average of height for men. Anyway, I only knew one woman EVER who desired men of my height...she's married now.

I once briefly dated a girl in high school (5'5) and her disgusting looking 18 year old sister with a child lamented that she was dating a guy so short. At the time, I wished she had a boyfriend so I could ask him why he's with someone so hideous.

Online dating is terrible. I hardly get any responses (and yes, I write succinct, thoughtful messages). I once went on a date where the girl didn't check my height on the profile. Needless to say she was surprised when she met me.

You know, women can have their requirements as almost everyone has something that would be a deal-breaker. Does it bother me that I'm excluded from dating a huge portion of the woman populace? I'd be lying if I said no. However, what really grinds my gears is when they're not honest about it. It's no coincidence that there's many "short guy" threads throughout this forum and others. I don't see why it's hard for many to believe (or just admit) that height really is something that matters A LOT to women.

Quote:
Right? Add to the fact that heels are not a permanent appendage. When you'd choose a removable material item over finding the right guy, you're superficial.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:41 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,129 times
Don't get it... "no shirtless pictures" is demanded by women or is it the policy of the dating sites? Just asking, never used one.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:45 AM

592 posts, read 461,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
The discussions on who is more shallow will never end, but here's my experience anyway:

I'm a 5'3" guy and it sucks. Throughout the years, I've been told by women friends, in random discussions, that they're only attracted to tall men. I've even had a conversation with 3 women co-workers the other day who each felt the same way. One of them (5'10") expressed her annoyance that "short women are taking away all of our men." Another (5'5") is married, stating that while she loved taller men, she ended up marrying her husband at "only" 5'10". Last I heard, 5'10" was still above the national average of height for men. Anyway, I only knew one woman EVER who desired men of my height...she's married now.

I once briefly dated a girl in high school (5'5) and her disgusting looking 18 year old sister with a child lamented that she was dating a guy so short. At the time, I wished she had a boyfriend so I could ask him why he's with someone so hideous.

Online dating is terrible. I hardly get any responses (and yes, I write succinct, thoughtful messages). I once went on a date where the girl didn't check my height on the profile. Needless to say she was surprised when she met me.

You know, women can have their requirements as almost everyone has something that would be a deal-breaker. Does it bother me that I'm excluded from dating a huge portion of the woman populace? I'd be lying if I said no. However, what really grinds my gears is when they're not honest about it. It's no coincidence that there's many "short guy" threads throughout this forum and others. I don't see why it's hard for many to believe (or just admit) that height really is something that matters A LOT to women.

Right? Add to the fact that heels are not a permanent appendage. When you'd choose a removable material item over finding the right guy, you're superficial.
Oh it's the same way for me with online dating. I'm around 5'5 and I've only gotten one unsolicited message in the last year or so on POF (actually I did get one other message in addition to that one, but it was from Markus the creator LOL). I believe women do note things like height and it is most definitely a deal breaker even if everything else about you is great. I would know since I do have a good many girl friends, but can never find that elusive girlfriend LOL.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:14 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
The difference is Men have preferences women have requirements.

For most women height is an absolute deal breaker

For most men breast size is just a preferences

Old 06-10-2013, 04:28 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,031,964 times
Nothing stumpy, I couldn't go for anything that looks like a child, or is built like one.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:59 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The difference is Men have preferences women have requirements.

For most women height is an absolute deal breaker

For most men breast size is just a preferences
The difference is that men normally seek out women, hence they don't need to think much about their requirements. Just pick the girl that is closest to your preferences

Women often wait till they are being approached, and sometimes they get approached by guys they don't want to date at all, hence they need to know what they want and what they don't want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships