Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 07:15 PM

31 posts, read 61,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
My biggest regret is rushing into things. I got married very young to the first guy I was with. I thought all guys were like him. What did I know. It's not until years later that I realize that guys aren't supposed to call their wives horrible names because you made them mad a wife really shouldn't fear her husband, and sex is about love between a husband and wife and not a forced event. I'm in my 30s and I refuse to be stuck any longer.

It's never to late to get help for yourself and realize your not stuck just afraid and unsure.
Good for you Kat! I hope you find the strength to remain happy and strong!
I've had discussions with my 22 year old daughter (which is difficult to do since I am so unhappy, but I try to stay neutral so hse wo't be jaded, although she is not close to her father since he has not been around in her life much (the same man I married 26 years ago and I'm still married to) nor were they ever close so it's tough to try to make him out to be a nice guy, but I do try. She and I are super close - always have been always will be. She's a super young lady. She is everything I was not and I hope she will be stronger than I will ever be!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 07:20 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
I don't regret being married to my exhusband, because I have two wonderful kids. If he wasn't their father, they wouldn't be who they are. He's simply the sperm donor.

I don't regret having my exSO in my life and living with him for 6 years. I loved him. Although the feeling wasn't mutual, there isn't anything wrong or regretful about loving someone. So I don't.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:21 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
You followed the advice of a Psychic? You're the one that should be eating my Ben & Jerry's.
Well...it's more than that. It's because I thought that when you have a soulmate, everyone sees it and agrees, that it's just all easy and butterflies, magic and fairy dust, and that you know WHY you love the person and it didn't work out that way and it hurt pretty bad (conditioned ego ****). So I had all these built up expectations on what love is or suppose to be and life was slowly taking me on a different path, giving me not what I expected but what I needed. At the end of the day, we realized we're together because we want to be together and that being with the other makes us incredibly happy and it's just as simple as that.

Didn't know that then. Certainly know that now.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I don't regret being married to my exhusband, because I have two wonderful kids. If he wasn't their father, they wouldn't be who they are. He's simply the sperm donor.

I don't regret having my exSO in my life and living with him for 6 years. I loved him. Although the feeling wasn't mutual, there isn't anything wrong or regretful about loving someone. So I don't.
That's cool - except this is about WHAT YOU REGRET!!!!!!! LOL

really, enough of the sapp happy stuff, let's have the regrets!

Old 06-11-2013, 07:42 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
I have no regrets. Each relationship Ive been in was a great learning experience, although painful at the end, it made me the man I am today. I enjoyed every relationship I partook in.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:44 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Moving cross-country. Everything changed for me. I became completely isolated from my family and lost my career.

If I could go back and do it all over, I would never have agreed to move. Period. If my DH had left me over that, then that's what it would have been.

I regret this every day.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:50 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
Wow. You are very young. You are lucky! And to have such knowledge at such an early age! Good for you! I can tell already that you are going to be wonderfully happy in your life!
My relationships before my marriage taught me things also. For that I am grateful also.
I consider myself lucky. I'm mostly unscaved. Never got married, had kids. Never spent many years figuring it out. I figured out what I would and would put up with early and quickly.

Most importantly I found myself, became completely comfortable with myself and being single and managed to 100% establish myself in a way which makes me self sufficient and capable of not need anyone but myself. Relationships with men are just an added bonus at this point in my life. Something I can take or leave, enjoy and let go of when the time is right.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
My biggest regret is rushing into things. I got married very young to the first guy I was with. I thought all guys were like him. What did I know. It's not until years later that I realize that guys aren't supposed to call their wives horrible names because you made them mad a wife really shouldn't fear her husband, and sex is about love between a husband and wife and not a forced event. I'm in my 30s and I refuse to be stuck any longer.

It's never to late to get help for yourself and realize your not stuck just afraid and unsure.
((((((kat247))))))))

I wish I was in my 30's. You can do this! Break away! Don't wait! Do it now if you can. YOu can easily go back to school and support yourself! Good luck!

Old 06-11-2013, 08:15 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
I met a BEAUTIFUL redhead online 4 years ago who was willing to pick up & leave the west coast & come to me. This was soon after my divorce. She was SO easy to get along with & made me laugh I could of avoided all this heartbreak that I've been going though. Never was very good at seeing what was right in front of me.

Wish I could find her again I've tried for a while & got nothing.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:41 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
My biggest regret is being in the relationship in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships