Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 10:45 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,614,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi85 View Post
I think it depends on the activity. For example, book club. Most book club I have been to include women or older men.

Raena--thanks for the list. You gave me a new activity idea....animal lovers.
Well, most places on this earth include men and women, its just that some sad souls started believing insane things like its "creepy" to approach women in public places. There are men/women in elevators, parks, musical festivals, barber shops, shopping malls, restaurants etc etc. The list is truly endless and any place is good as any to meet someone special. About the worst possible thing a man/woman could do is join a hobby club in order to meet the opposite sex, when they have no actual interest in the hobby. Its about as low as you will ever get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,965,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Well, most places on this earth include men and women, its just that some sad souls started believing insane things like its "creepy" to approach women in public places. There are men/women in elevators, parks, musical festivals, barber shops, shopping malls, restaurants etc etc. The list is truly endless and any place is good as any to meet someone special. About the worst possible thing a man/woman could do is join a hobby club in order to meet the opposite sex, when they have no actual interest in the hobby. Its about as low as you will ever get.

I think the majority of the people who say it is "creepy" to approach women are people who are making excuses to not do it; because of their own fears.

Getting a new hobby isn't a bad thing though, hobbies and sports are what keep us sane. I agree that doing something you find boring in hopes to meet someone is pretty stupid though.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:16 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,305,115 times
For men and women having trouble meeting people, your biggest enemy is your routine. Unless you are willing to do things that are different from what you do every other day you will not meet anyone. If your day is 99% filled with obligations that cannot be moved, how will you make time to meet, date, or build a relationship with anyone?

I have a pretty, smart, sweet, athletic younger cousin in her mid 20s that is always lamenting that she cannot find a boyfriend. Whenever my cousins and I talk about our friends, she is always asking "Is he single?". Finally I started calling her out, saying things like "We are having a happy hour with my friend Jeff the veterinarian on Friday, you should come." and knowing that she was a college volleyball player, "My friend Eric needed a partner for 2 vs 2 sand this Sunday, are you interested?" to which she always has some excuse why she cannot make it. It's just not my friends, either, in case you were thinking that anyone who claims a chemist as their friend isn't worth dating .

Also, if you are an animal lover, I highly recommend volunteering at a shelter. However, I would recommend it even more to guys, as the female/male ratio at most shelters I have worked at is 5:1 or higher. Still, a higher percentage of the men volunteering seem to be single so possibly it balances out.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:22 AM

102,246 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
Okay, as a near 30 something, I only know the men in my workplace and many of them are much older or they are in a relationship. If they are not in one of those two categories, we don't have chemistry. It is easy to meet women because I think we go out more. I know a lot more women than I do men. I have been going to meetups, but that is where I meet a lot of new female friends. Have been to happy hour, there are A LOT of men there, but they are the "drinking" type, and I don't like drinking, much less having to yell in order to get myself heard.

So men...where do you go besides the bar?
Shooting ranges and archery clubs. Take a car repair class. Most cities have a designated night when all the art galleries have their opening shows for the month. Find out when yours is, and go gallery-hopping on that night.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:32 AM

102,246 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
My problem is I don't go out pretty much . I get really lazy after I get off work and the gym. Then it's all about reading a book or watching a movie and not going out. Then I go out with my girl friends on the weekend. I have many of them so they take up all my time I tried to put the "hunt" out of my mind, but it's hard because I kind of want to date again.
Aren't there men at your gym? Instead of watching a movie at home, go out to a movie. I've met guys at the movies. There's already a built-in conversation starter, if you're in line to see the same movie. Go to a lecture, a concert, or an art gallery walk. Think about what you're saying: essentially you're saying you're too lazy to go out and circulate to meet men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships