Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 08:26 PM

805 posts, read 1,559,003 times

Advertisements

[quote=JetJockey;30040274]Nope. Most single women are fat, ugly and have a bunch of kids. The few that don't meet that description...well, they'll hook up with them and then call them wh*res and skanks the next day and then wonder why there aren't any 'good girls' without realizing they too are skanks and wh*res.

You forgot old, meaning over 25.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 10:45 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So then why do you consistently post that dating in NYC is pointless and that all the women are worthless?
Last night I went out with a couple of buddies of mine to some average lounge in midtown. Cool, good music, reasonabley priced drinks or what not. Any how Im chatting with my friend or what not and next to me there is a couple making out. The guy kissing his girlfriend departs to go get drinks and the girlfriend butts into my conversation. Shr seemed pretty cool and she is a Transplant from Fresno California. Any how before her boyfriend got back to her we exchanged numbers and this morning I received a text from her. Very tacky on her part and not mines, but on the flipside I never been witj a Cali girl so maybe I will contact her back, but most likely zi wont. An hour later chilled out for a bit with cute thick in the right places bubbly Latina who wants something more. We exchanged numbers, emails, fb. will persue this one making it a total of 3 women currently seeing. What makes dating in my hometown difficult is variety which is not good because it disallowes men frim narrowing down a woman he wants to commit with. Im no player, nor anywhere drop dead handsome besides being tall which women love, just a decent guy with an outgoing personality who does well for himself. You should not put words in my mouth saying that I say women in my hometown are worthless, but I can say women here over estimate themselves with huge egos and triple standards regsrdless of race, class or geographic origin.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 06-16-2013 at 10:53 AM..

Old 06-16-2013, 07:38 PM

582 posts, read 1,119,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I've been here for over 15+ years -- from my own personal experiences with D.C. women both during college and in the professional working world, I would say that 24 (perhaps 23, or maybe even when they graduate college perhaps) is a tipping point for certain D.C. women, in terms of how nice or friendly they are overall, to a potential male romantic interest. Even if they don't want to date a guy up until when they are 23-24, they're usually not going to be outright mean, cruel, dismissive, ignoring, or "treating a guy as if he doesn't exist and doesn't matter as a human being", in their rejections or body language, in turning him down for a date.

However, once some of them actually start working professionally for a few years, that can sometimes change. They can sometimes become rather abrasive, acerbical, and just not nice in how they turn a guy down, or especially in displaying strongly negative body language -- the implication is ultimately that the guy is simply "not good enough for them", and that as a guy, you don't matter, because there will always only be someone better, "down the road", for them. At a minimum, a huge defensive shield definitely goes up, and so the young working D.C. woman who was kinder, warmer, and just nicer, when she was say 20-23, and even when turning you down, can suddenly sometimes become very cold-hearted, aloof, and even dismissive (or worse). Here in D.C., what really matters to a lot of people is raw power and influence, and if professional D.C. women find you to be lacking in that as a guy (according to their own arbitrary standards), it's game over for winning their hearts and romantic affection.

Others may have had different, or better experiences, so YMMV (your mileage may vary). In my case, I have only relayed what I have found in my own personal experience with the great majority of local D.C. women that I have encountered and tried to ask out. But I no longer date locally, and will only now date women who are non-local to D.C.
Unfortunately, a lot of women in large cities (sometimes small cities too) date with their egos instead of their hearts. For instance, which of these scenarios would feed a woman's ego:

Scenario #1: Dating a guy who's a Management Analyst at the Pentagon (he hates his job, but he loves the money – $150,000 per year) and drives a 2011 Mercedes (any class).

Scenario #2: Dating a guy who's a Master Level Automotive Technician/Mechanic at a large auto dealership in DC (he likes his job and he likes the money – $65,000 per year) and drives a 2004 Toyota Corolla. (Can the woman brag about his job? Can she brag about his income? Can she brag about his car? Will she want to drive his car on the weekends to have brunch with the girls? Would the girls be impressed if she rolled up to the coffee shop in a 2011 Mercedes? What about a 2004 Toyota Corolla? Would any of her "loser" ex-boyfriends feel dejected if they saw her rolling in a 2011 Mercedes? What about a 2004 Toyota Corolla?)

Many (but not all) women ask themselves these questions or similar questions when choosing a man to date. Now, that doesn't mean women should lower their dating standards to "anything with a pulse;" it just simply means that a little self-reflection might solve 75% of their dating problems.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:58 PM

878 posts, read 942,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Im open to dating single moms...
You'll be sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!!!

Old 06-16-2013, 08:11 PM

878 posts, read 942,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Men and women aren't nearly as bad as people are making it sound on here. The world isn't nearly as dismal place as people make it sound.
Actually, it's worse.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:41 PM

523 posts, read 840,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Men and women aren't nearly as bad as people are making it sound on here. The world isn't nearly as dismal place as people make it sound.
I totally agree with you! This board has a heavy dose of pessimists and people who can't find dates. I don't find it representative of the world I live in.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:49 PM

105 posts, read 91,854 times
Weight

Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
One of the things that makes dating so much harder than it has to be is that too many people are hung up on image. Let 's start with women. Many women don't want to be seen with a man who doesn't have a high income, an impressive job title, or drive a fancy car. Why? Partly because these women have friends with partners that are big earners with great careers. So in her mind, she deserves nothing less than these other women. This is especially true in image-obsessed cities like NY. What's also true is a lot of women are high achievers, particularly in places like DC. They have high incomes, advanced education, etc. So they refuse to settle for a man who's not as educated or doesn't make as much money.

Now let's look at the men. The big lie men will tell is that they don't care what other people think. Yeah right. A big part of why so many men refuse to date women with kids, women who are slightly overweight, or women over 40 is because they're worried other men (and women) will think less of them. Oh look at that guy. He had to settle for a single mom or a woman who's overweight. In other words, he couldn't do better.

Sadly, the real world is still very much like high school where everyone wants to impress everyone else or at the very least not lose whatever respect they already have. This is why you'll hear so many people complain about the dating pool. Oh all the women I meet are shallow goldiggers who act entitled. Oh all the men I meet are immature jerks who just want sex. Neither side wants to admit that maybe their standards are too high. God forbid the woman making 6 figures as a partner at a big law firm settle for a guy making 75K who only has a Bachelors degree. Or god forbid the 45 year old man date a 40 year old woman with a slight paunch. Until people come down to Earth with their requirements AND learn to accept their own shortcomings, dating will always be frustrating for a lot of people.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:25 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
One of the things that makes dating so much harder than it has to be is that too many people are hung up on image. Let 's start with women. Many women don't want to be seen with a man who doesn't have a high income, an impressive job title, or drive a fancy car. Why? Partly because these women have friends with partners that are big earners with great careers. So in her mind, she deserves nothing less than these other women. This is especially true in image-obsessed cities like NY. What's also true is a lot of women are high achievers, particularly in places like DC. They have high incomes, advanced education, etc. So they refuse to settle for a man who's not as educated or doesn't make as much money.

Now let's look at the men. The big lie men will tell is that they don't care what other people think. Yeah right. A big part of why so many men refuse to date women with kids, women who are slightly overweight, or women over 40 is because they're worried other men (and women) will think less of them. Oh look at that guy. He had to settle for a single mom or a woman who's overweight. In other words, he couldn't do better.
For the top paragraph, it's not just the larger cities. Smaller cities, even in podunk ones like where I live the mentality is here if they're aware about their personal beauty. Hell, once someone starts to earn more than 35K a year they think they're too good to even talk to you on a normal basis. I don't know why there's such snobbery here, but it is there.

The bolded part is something I can relate to, because some people actually came to me assuming that I had to settle. I've had my share of crazy overweight young 20 something single mothers try to force their way into my life and I've refused. My reputation as "undateable" has pretty much made others believe that I'd be the kind of guy to settle, people at work were actually surprised that I didn't as it's just expected from people like me.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 AM

1,006 posts, read 735,662 times
Lack of personal accountability.

Now, before I explain please understand that prestige is never taken into consideration when I"M dating. Can't speak for anyone else. Also, note that I'm in a relationship with a woman whose just what I need, so no problems dating. This is just what I've witnessed in my 29 years on this clump of moon dust.

So what do I mean by my initial comment? Many women feel that "as a man" (never gets old lol) we are to simply make their lives easier. They offload their personal accountability to the man and just switch on autopilot mode. For example, a little over 5 years ago I became involved with a woman a few years my senior. Four months into the relationship her car's transmission went out, mind you this vehicle was purchased in her ex boyfriends name. Long story short, I paid to get it towed but not for the repairs which were $4k for a Mercedes transmission. Me not offering to pay resulted in the "as a man" spill to which I simply asked her to leave and we never spoke again.

Another example, "You just don't know how to handle me". I'm sure most of us have had these words thrown at us more than once. My question to women who constantly use this, why is it so difficult to handle yourself? Why do you expect I always be a casualty of your emotional instabilities?

This is just one example of many. It just seems that many (not all) are simply waiting for a man to make their life easier while us men have no such options. If I'm expected to come to the table with all my ducks in a row so should most women.

My point is, some men (just like some women) want a fair relationship. Not having kids has given me the luxury of being meticulous in my dating habits. Not dating based on prestige, just a woman's sense of reality. If shes down to earth and wants to work towards a common goal while sacrificing superficial items then I'm game. Don't care if she serves coffee at Starbucks, she should have a realistic sense of how she should be living.

Last edited by ayahuasca_mike; 06-17-2013 at 10:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships