Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 06:46 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
Please turn off the TV. The romantic comedy has ended.
Romantic comedy? OK, fair enough...although I've known of at least 1 or 2 actual real women who meet either most or all of the descriptions I had listed, so far in my life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 07:07 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJK View Post
I'm 32 and never had a girlfriend. I just want to calmly live my life, work as much as possible, travel as much as possible, help my family as much as possible, take care of my dog. I don't want a woman to ruin such a good life.

My friends, however, always try to set me up. At weddings or parties, they frequently leave me alone with a single woman or make comments like "oh she has just broken up with her boyfriend." Congrats to them but why would I care?
Welcome to the club... In Western culture there is just an unspoken rule that a heterosexual man can't be a bachelor indefinitely, and women in particular find it offensive that a man, successful man that is, would chose that route. They will shame you and say things like, "Oh, so you don't like girls!", or, "Oh, so you're gay!".

It's really funny to me because women today are all about their careers, and they make their own money that they always clamor about, but yet, they STILL go around aggressively looking for a man to marry and take care of them. Must be that mama instinct to find a male nest slave for those kids they want.

Anyhow, ladies, just leave us bachelors alone! Because between making money and traveling around the world for sport, we have no time for you!!

Old 06-21-2013, 07:21 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
Just tell them to leave you alone. That's very rude.
Been down that road... Women will just try harder, or they will try to get pregnant by you if they really want you. A few will burn out and quit but they then turn on you because they never got you so watch out......

You have no choice but to lie and say that you already have a lady in your life. It's the only way a woman will leave you alone 90% of the time as most women will not step on the toes of another woman.

Now if you're the center of the Lakers, women won't care what you say... Too much at stake...

Old 06-23-2013, 10:02 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
So you would have no interest at all, in say a hypothetical girl who had the following sample qualities?

1. Tells you frequently with genuine, soft-spoken words just how much she loves and appreciates you (lots of "ILY's", frequent affectionate loving words exchanged, etc.)
2. Has a gentle, compassionate heart; always there for you and gives you sweet and tender affection, when you need her love
3. Someone you tell anything to anytime, and not worry about her getting angry or judgmental
4. Someone you have either very few or no arguments with, and who you can "fight fair" with, through positive discussion and consensus
5. Someone who eagerly and excitedly dreams of a shared future, together with you
6. A person you can literally never run out of things to talk about with, and you can even read each others' minds sometimes
7. Someone who sincerely cares about you, and gently tries to comfort you, when you are hurting or sad
8. Someone who instantly brightens and lights up with real love and joy at your presence, and her happiness fills you in turn with purest joy too
9. A girl who says that she dreams of spending the rest of her life you, and wants to grow old with you...

You really wouldn't want to have someone super-special like that in your life, if you could find someone like that for example?
The OP's issue is at what cost? I think that is his hang up.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:18 PM

677 posts, read 1,193,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The OP's issue is at what cost? I think that is his hang up.
Cost? What issue?

Old 06-23-2013, 10:55 PM

111 posts, read 125,175 times
Firstly you are not alone in this view. Have a look at the MGTOW forum and you will see there are others like you that are sick of the old stereotypes. Some of them really hate women though so take some of it with a grain of salt. Honestly, and this is coming from an older married man, but if I was your age today I would never marry again or have kids period. The rules are so stacked against a male in western society nowadays that you would have to be crazy to risk all your assets and future on a relationship where you have no power. 7 out of 10 marriages today are ended by the woman.

She knows that in the vast majority of cases especially when there are good assets in the home then she is the winner in the courts. I really think that society has tried so hard through courts and the media to make men disposable that a younger man today is better off not committing to any long term relationship. So just live your life the way you are doing and be happy knowing you are enjoying life.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:31 PM

168 posts, read 314,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Welcome to the club... In Western culture there is just an unspoken rule that a heterosexual man can't be a bachelor indefinitely, and women in particular find it offensive that a man, successful man that is, would chose that route. They will shame you and say things like, "Oh, so you don't like girls!", or, "Oh, so you're gay!".

It's really funny to me because women today are all about their careers, and they make their own money that they always clamor about, but yet, they STILL go around aggressively looking for a man to marry and take care of them. Must be that mama instinct to find a male nest slave for those kids they want.

Anyhow, ladies, just leave us bachelors alone! Because between making money and traveling around the world for sport, we have no time for you!!
I've already got over the gay suspicion. Women like that can throw themselves off a cliff.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:23 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
A person can more easily control not obtaining something (e.g. relationship) compared to obtaining something (e.g. exalted position in your career). You're comparing apples to oranges.
I disagree, I've found that accomplishing goals within your career easier to control than relationships with other people. You can't control other people and you can't control how they feel about you.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:55 AM

677 posts, read 1,193,982 times
I've been a victim of this lately. I think I might loose a very good friend thanks to this lack of respect.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:19 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Those sound like good friends to me. I don't think I ever had a friend set me up before, I would have appreciated it if they did.

My friends kept urging me to break up with my last girlfriend (who was mean to me). When I finally did they never said another word about my dating life or lack of it. I have news for them (and this goes against the conventional wisdom) no relationship is in some ways worse than bad relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships