Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 01:05 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,695,547 times

Advertisements

It just makes so much more sense that way to me in my opinion. Honestly you ladies are not a hivemind. Sure everyone wants these certain things within a relationship love, commitment, understanding and others but those come in many different packages.

I am not going to be all things too every women, whether traditional or new age or what ever you want to call it. If I don't fit some definition of what others find in a man on the mostly "exaggerated of opinion" level then so be.

IME, when I stopped caring about what women want my happiness skyrocketed through the moon in fact.

I can only speak for myself y'all can agree or disagree as you please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 01:07 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,207,366 times
I want my partner to care what *I* want - not some category he considers me a member of.Just as he probably wants me to care what HE wants - not what I make up in my mind that "men" want.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:08 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,677,744 times
I'm confused. Is this your way of saying that you're completely checking out of the dating game or are you just trying to say that you can't please all women, but you know that there will be a few that are compatible with you?

Old 09-16-2013, 01:12 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,308,792 times
I don't, nor will I ever, worry about pleasing anyone besides myself.

If a man happens to fall in my lap and allows me to be me...great.

If not, I am equally as ambivalent.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:19 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,006,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I want my partner to care what *I* want - not some category he considers me a member of.Just as he probably wants me to care what HE wants - not what I make up in my mind that "men" want.
Exactly.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:20 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,465,700 times
this post is confusing.
its preaching taking people on their own individual merits, then condemning OTHERS (as a group no less) for allowing himself to get involved with the opposite of what he believes in.

of course you are "happier", you are now doing something you want instead of what you thought you should have been doing to please others

its just common sense

Last edited by rego00123; 09-16-2013 at 01:43 PM..

Old 09-16-2013, 01:40 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,862,758 times
ok

Old 09-16-2013, 01:41 PM

302 posts, read 303,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post

If a man happens to fall in my lap and allows me to be me...great.
Yeah, he's just gonna fall into your lap. Cuz, ya know, that's how it happens.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:43 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,308,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrulez View Post
Yeah, he's just gonna fall into your lap. Cuz, ya know, that's how it happens.
Does for me. Haven't been single for more than a month or two since I was 19. And I never actively seek out relationships...sex maybe, but not relationships.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:43 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,549,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
It just makes so much more sense that way to me in my opinion. Honestly you ladies are not a hivemind. Sure everyone wants these certain things within a relationship love, commitment, understanding and others but those come in many different packages.

I am not going to be all things too every women, whether traditional or new age or what ever you want to call it. If I don't fit some definition of what others find in a man on the mostly "exaggerated of opinion" level then so be.

IME, when I stopped caring about what women want my happiness skyrocketed through the moon in fact.

I can only speak for myself y'all can agree or disagree as you please.

IMHO it's lightly a little better but you headed in the right direction.

women are attracted to men with inner strength (confidence, courage, determination, knowledge, experience with women). so have a solid opinion and perspective is an attractive quality.

women are NOT attracted to men who kiss asz, "nice guys", guys who always seek a woman's attention and approval, and, in generaly, needy and clingy. those are child-like/boyhood quality where these men seek the same level of approval and care from a woman as if he is seeking mommy's love and attention by engaging in accomodating behavior (mommy's boy).

but be careful, there is a fine line between being a strong attractive man and an a-hole.

so your "don't care about a woman's opinion" approach is good in that you are establishing you don't need her attention and approval in being a man. but can be offensive, insulting, and in general unappealing.

good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships