Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 12:12 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Fathers do it all the time....

I see no difference when a man divorces his wife and leaves the kids,because he still isn't there in the home. In effect,he IS dumping the kids.

The wife and husband should at least stay together for the kids.
I give up.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 12:15 AM

59 posts, read 97,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Naw... everyone I've ever known in my life wouldn't subscribe to the callous attitude of just dumping kids like it's not the latest fashion...... nope... ain't buying it....a small minority perhaps... not the majority....

Just only happens on the bullshyt world that is CD........
If you don't agree with what my friend may do in case of a divorce, then don't comment in here!

Old 06-22-2013, 12:15 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Ok,whatever.

I'm just trying to say,even if the judge does give Mom custody,in effect,DAD is still dumping the kids,just on mom instead of the system.

Men do it 95% of the time,and no one says a thing.

I will admit I don't know how courts decide who gets custody.
If I were the lady in the op I would at least try to get lots of child support and spousal support.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Too many judge?ental people on here.....

I have questions.....

Why are they divorcing? Did Dad cheat?

I believe whomever caused the divorce shoul take care of the kids.

Does the father want the childdren? She has to understand if dad has custody she will have to pay child support.
I don't know her man, and this is not a real life situation; this is something my friend said hypothetically.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:21 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
In the past it was done frequently.
It still is.
If a teen mom decided to adopt her baby out,is she dumping her kid?

If they divorce,well, one of them is still basically dumping the kids.
If mom get custody,dad is dumping the kids,right?
No. Giving a baby up for adoption before it even comes out or knows who you are is not "dumping" the child.

Raising a child so that the child comes to depend on you and see you as it's source of unconditional love and survival, only to suddenly hurt and confuse the child by abandoning it so that YOU can avoid a perceived stigma is not even close to the same thing.

Divorcing parents may not live in the same household, but they still parent the child. And when they don't, when they disappear, the child ends up deeply damaged over it.

This is not a game of tit for tat to be played between the adults. The child is the defenseless one here, their needs should come first. You cannot justify abandoning a child by claiming "well so and so did it!"

Old 06-22-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Actually,many do.
Someone on another CD forum even thinks kids with single moms on welfare should be put in orphanages until the mothers get back on their feet. So many people,I think a majority agreed with him.
My friend probably agrees with whoever said this.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:25 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
No. Giving a baby up for adoption before it even comes out or knows who you are is not "dumping" the child.

Raising a child so that the child comes to depend on you and see you as it's source of unconditional love and survival, only to suddenly hurt and confuse the child by abandoning it so that YOU can avoid a perceived stigma is not even close to the same thing.

Divorcing parents may not live in the same household, but they still parent the child. And when they don't, when they disappear, the child ends up deeply damaged over it.

This is not a game of tit for tat to be played between the adults. Te child is the defenseless one here, their needs should come first.
Thanks for being a another voice of reason in this thread... I don't even have kids myself and some of the responses in this thread have been shocking and completely mind blowing.. the callous screw it nature of raising children that has been mentioned here is scary......

Old 06-22-2013, 12:25 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
I don't understand how one parent that doesn't live in the household can still "parent" a child.

There isn't a "perceived"stigma against single moms,it is real stigma.
They are called welfare cheats,whores who can't keep their legs closed,selfish,basically everything in the book.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Ok,whatever.

I'm just trying to say,even if the judge does give Mom custody,in effect,DAD is still dumping the kids,just on mom instead of the system.

Men do it 95% of the time,and no one says a thing.

I will admit I don't know how courts decide who gets custody.
If I were the lady in the op I would at least try to get lots of child support and spousal support.

Exactly, men do it all the time and nobody bats an eye.

Although I don't know my friend's spouse too well, he doesn't seem to be making that much money so she trying to empty his pockets wouldn't make any sense for her. This is a woman who clearly said she'd give her kids for adoption if her and her spouse would decide to split. So, why would she have any business taking care of kids she clearly don't want to raise if she becomes single? For extra money? Why? She seems to be making more as an IT senior network administrator (I think her man works as a mechanic).

Old 06-22-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
I don't understand how one parent that doesn't live in the household can still "parent" a child.

There isn't a "perceived"stigma against single moms,it is real stigma.
They are called welfare cheats,whores who can't keep their legs closed,selfish,everything in the book.
Unless the non custodial parent has unlimited visitation, that other parent can still be in the kids lives as much as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships