Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:55 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

I have noticed this alot. The men who don't try to act like bad boys tend to be single longer than men who do live up to that "manly man" status. Every case is different, but what I have seen is unless the guy has alot of money or fits some certain physical trait, there is a high likelihood of being single.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 09:57 AM

786 posts, read 1,176,571 times
I think it's because the men who don't act like bad boys have more sense than the "manly men" have.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:57 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Bad boys get their girlfriends pregnant and then have to marry them??

Old 11-01-2007, 12:04 PM

283 posts, read 1,384,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Bad boys get their girlfriends pregnant and then have to marry them??
no they leave their pregnant women to go impregnate some other dumb broad.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:52 PM
miu

What about women being more attracted to bad boys, wanting to marry them and change them for the better? Nice guys are perceived as being less exciting than bad boys, so the (foolish) women aren't as attracted to them. Nice guys aren't as aggressive about dating either.

My current boyfriend is a really nice guy and I love him very much. When I met him, he didn't have a girlfriend, but he wasn't looking for one either.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:48 PM

455 posts, read 1,499,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What about women being more attracted to bad boys, wanting to marry them and change them for the better? Nice guys are perceived as being less exciting than bad boys, so the (foolish) women aren't as attracted to them. Nice guys aren't as aggressive about dating either.

My current boyfriend is a really nice guy and I love him very much. When I met him, he didn't have a girlfriend, but he wasn't looking for one either.
I'd say that's pretty close to the answer.

This is the typical, why do "nice" guys fail? The general answer is that "nice" guys typically show a lack of confidence (whether they realize it or not). They constantly question everything they do, they don't "take charge" and are always looking for reassurance from the people around them.

Nor are nice guys decisive; be a leader, know what you want and make a decision instead of pining over it for 5 minutes. And if you don't know the best decision after 10 seconds of thought, pick one. If it's the wrong one, tough, you'll have learned for next time. But in the mean time, you at least made a decision and committed to it.

Nice guys also typically don't take initiative either. They always wait for the "perfect" opportunity, when there is really no such thing. Opportunities rarely occur on their own, you have to make them happen.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:54 PM

223 posts, read 694,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU View Post
I'd say that's pretty close to the answer.

This is the typical, why do "nice" guys fail? The general answer is that "nice" guys typically show a lack of confidence (whether they realize it or not). They constantly question everything they do, they don't "take charge" and are always looking for reassurance from the people around them.

Nor are nice guys decisive; be a leader, know what you want and make a decision instead of pining over it for 5 minutes. And if you don't know the best decision after 10 seconds of thought, pick one. If it's the wrong one, tough, you'll have learned for next time. But in the mean time, you at least made a decision and committed to it.

Nice guys also typically don't take initiative either. They always wait for the "perfect" opportunity, when there is really no such thing. Opportunities rarely occur on their own, you have to make them happen.
hmmm... I think we need to define bad and nice.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:59 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostsouls View Post
hmmm... I think we need to define bad and nice.
I agree with that. What makes a guy a bad boy? What makes him a nice guy? Is a guy who rides a Harley or chopper automatically a bad boy? Not necessarily. Is a guy who is polite and uses manners automatically a nice guy? No. So what is a nice guy? What is a bad boy/man?

Old 11-01-2007, 03:18 PM
miu

A bad boy to me would be self centered and not considerate of other people. He'll "forget" about a date or not call a girl for days or weeks. He might always need to borrow money. He tends to be a victim of hard luck stories and it's never his fault. He's a charmer like a car salesman, and knows how to sweet talk a woman when he wants something.

A nice guy is responsible, considerate and punctual. He wants his date to choose the restaurant or the movie. He buys her flowers. He always has a job, maybe not management, but still a good employee. He is not a risk taker.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:18 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I am a nice bad boy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships