Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,329 times

Advertisements

These have always been the same to me. If a girl looks good she looks good. She can carry herself a certain way to maybe look a little sexier, but physical and sexual attraction are pretty close in my book. A similar correlation with me would be women that I would want to have sex with and women I would want to have sex and a subsequent relationship with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 09:24 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,145,464 times
I distinguish between aesthetic appeal and sexual attraction, yes. I can find someone beautiful but not attractive & attractive but not beautiful.

Physical attraction to me is something inbetween, where someone is easy on the eyes but also attractive, yet there may be no emotional draw to them.

So in speaking of a person being attractive, I tend to think of physical attraction as more, well, strictly physical, and sexual attraction as having more emotional elements in it.

Pretty much all of the men I've dated were not aesthetically appealing, but I had some level of physical attraction & then some sexual attraction eventually. The latter is unusual for me to have right away.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So this issue came up in a previous thread I started. How many if you guys distinguish sexual attraction from physical attraction? I always thought physical and sexual attraction to be sort of the same thing.

And for those of you who believe sexual attraction exclusive from physical attraction, do you look at the women your just sexually attracted as more of a one night stand type of thing?
I don't think they are the same thing.

For example, I guess you can say some celebrities are physically attractive, but honestly, they do absolutely nothing for me. I don't fantasize about any of them sexuality.

I've seen people use the words "heavenly" "so hot" "so damn fine" "extremely gorgeous" to describe people they know or don't know.

Honestly speaking, I have NEVER seen one person in real life making me want to use those words.

I have to have emotional connection with a person in order to have sex with him.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:01 PM

257 posts, read 295,583 times
orangeapple
...but I had some level of physical attraction & then some sexual attraction eventually. The latter is unusual for me to have right away.
lilyflower3191981
I have to have emotional connection with a person in order to have sex with him.

I follow SophieLL, orangeapple, and lilyflower3191981, in that there has to be some emotional connection to get to sexual attraction. But then, that's what all the books and surveys say about women.
For me, physical attraction + (intellectual compatibility + emotional connection) = sexual attraction
Where physical attraction = physical attributes + body language + attitude are to my liking (not necessarily beautiful, chiseled, etc.) No fantasies or dopamine rush yet.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:32 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Physically I think a person is nice looking.
Sexually I want to jump him.
Exactly. The sexual attraction is more like mutual chemistry.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 AM

382 posts, read 336,869 times
Physical attraction creates the sexual attraction.

If your physically attracted to someone...doesn't that mean you would have sex with them?

For me if I'm not physically attracted to someone I don't want to see them naked. It's human nature.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:36 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,474,130 times
Physical attraction usually means sexual attraction for me. On the other hand, I can find someone physically attractive, but not sexually attractive. That's usually the case if they look good, but have an unappealing attitude or personality.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1987 View Post
Physical attraction creates the sexual attraction.

If your physically attracted to someone...doesn't that mean you would have sex with them?

For me if I'm not physically attracted to someone I don't want to see them naked. It's human nature.
Not at all. For example just the other day I was talking to a group of women. We were talking about some under 22 year old celebrity or something. The conclusion was, although he was attractive. He was "like a kid" and way too young. Eye candy if you will.

You can be attractive, but not sexually attractive. The average man over 35 might find some 16 year olds attractive but wouldn't want to have sex with them, legal or not.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:44 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,024 times
Quote:
So this issue came up in a previous thread I started. How many if you guys distinguish sexual attraction from physical attraction? I always thought physical and sexual attraction to be sort of the same thing.
It's the same thing to me.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:48 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,590 times
Quote:

And for those of you who believe sexual attraction exclusive from physical attraction, do you look at the women your just sexually attracted as more of a one night stand type of thing?
You are on to something very important here. How I would phrase it is to say that physical beauty does not necessarily correlate with sexual compatibility. The person who is prettiest to look at is not always the person you will have the best sex with. I think most men fail to grasp this, which is part of the reason the put so much value on beauty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships