Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 08:13 PM

5,985 posts, read 13,127,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
So, what's up with guys? It seems there are no guys that want to date seriously. They only seem to want to hook up, or do the mininum effort necessary to go out on one date. They don't even want to pay for the entire date anymore. Always seem tp want to split the bill. They call you a few times, you have a couple nice dates then never hear from them again.
Also, there is no chivalry. Men no longer buy flowers, or show effort or that they even want to date. It seems they just want to hook up. Also, I got approached by a married, 60+ year old man who goes to the restuarant I frequent asking if I want to be his "friend". So, my question is: what is it about me, having a cocktail, dressed nicely, keeping to myself says to you I am interested in some kind of affair??
,sex now isn't worth the 30 mins so. Not worth the clean up.
Also, what's in it for me? the guy gets to have the pleasure and what do I get?? Is the guy going to date me? Is he going to buy me something? take me out? take me on a trip? No, just a lousy, lazy guy who's a bad kisser and awful in bed. But even if he was good in bed, who cares? it won't lead to anything anyway. And I'm not looking for guys who just want a good time.

Just my thoughts!!
Women freak out and get scared off from too much interest too soon. Bringing flowers within the first free dates is considered too much.

Most women usually only get their interest triggered when men back off just slightly in their level of interest.

Its just reality.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:16 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hmmm....not with me. I asked guys out. Men take to long to ask a woman out.

I think men are the gatekeeper and sometimes it has an electric fence around it.
IMO, we men need a lot more women like you out there Raena!!

Old 06-25-2013, 08:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
IMO, we men need a lot more women like you out there Raena!!
Nah, I understand why men get confused though. We women are nuts. Lol

Old 06-25-2013, 09:14 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If it's so hard for men to attract women, why do divorced men generally remarry or at least get a gf, pretty quickly after breaking up, while women tend to stay single? Men seem to have an easier time of moving on to the next prospect.
Absolutely untrue in my case! I loved my now ex-wife. I think those men you speak of were maybe cheaters and had already checked out of the marriage. That wasn't me, I was committed. She checked out. Its 4 years later and yes, I've dated, but nowhere near marriage and the dating has been rare. But hey, maybe I'm different than most guys because I'm loyal and don't get over something like a divorce easily. If it were up to me, I'd still be married. I hate this life I have now without her.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:19 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The last date I went out on, the woman asked me why we were out "What is this?". I responded "What do you mean "What is this?"". She responded "Is this a date or are we just hanging out?". I'm thinking 'I asked her out, picked a nice place to go too, picked her up and we are know sitting at a nice place having dinner'. I responded "You have to ask? Of course this is date. She smiled and seemed to like my answer, but it made me think why is she asking this in the first place?
Lots of guys call it "hanging out" to avoid implications it could lead to a committed relationship. They just woo until they get sex & then bail.

Not saying it's happened to me (it hasn't), but the experiences are out there. When it's defined as a date though, then implications for getting to know someone for a potential relationship are there.

Another way of viewing her question is, "What are your intentions?".

Old 06-25-2013, 10:07 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
Women freak out and get scared off from too much interest too soon. Bringing flowers within the first free dates is considered too much.

Most women usually only get their interest triggered when men back off just slightly in their level of interest.

Its just reality.
I freak out if too much interest is shown too quickly. Some guys act like a Chihuaha humping a leg.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:20 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
When women do not require a great deal of effort from men, men do not generally feel the need to put forth the effort.

Women have made everything so easy for men that many men see not need to be gentlemen. Heck, men don't even have to ask women out any more or pay for dates.
Thank you and

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Gender roles done evolved. Get with it or get lost.

Ya'll wanted equal pay, equal treatment, and respect. Now that a lot of you have this, it is time for equality to permeate every aspect of life, dating included. We want some effort out of ya'll too.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Boy I'd like to know what planet this is so I can move there. LOL

Seriously. It's refreshing to see a woman on here with rational, unbiased though.

Okay, now I can't wait to read through the rest of this thread to see the usual suspects putting their priceless .02 in.

Edit: Yeeeup, they never disappoint.

Anyways, this topic makes me gassy.

Women want equal pay and control over their bodies (which they obviously should anyways), yet they still expect a man to foot the bill and even go so far as to open a car door for them. I open the door for people because it's respectful and rude to not do otherwise, not because you have a different set of genitals than I do.

What if the woman initiates the date, rather it be online or IRL? Picks the place ? Should the guy still be required to pick her up, open her door and pay for the meal, just because he's a guy ? Some would argue, yes, they should. On what basis ? Because how it used to be ?

And yeah, of course some guys expect sex after a few dates, even after one, because of how they've unfortnuately been trained these days....and there's no one to blame but women. My friend went on a Grouper date two weeks ago and both him and another guy on a date hooked up with two of the three women on the date. Never mind the fact that the first round of drinks are paid for by Grouper Social Club, but the guys didn't have to buy them drinks or dinner to get laid. These are professional, succcessful women, in their mid 20's, before any of the usual suspects try to come in here and claim these women have low self-esteem or daddy issues. No, they just like nookie. Go figure.

We don't even have to talk about the women that'll throw themselves at someone just because they're a basketball player, frat boy or rapper. Or women who will use men to get back at their S/O or ex. Just consider women who are just attracted to the person they're with/see at dinner, the club, bar, house party, etc, and they go home with them, under the influence of alcohol or not.

How can women be mad at men for this behavior when they are the enablers ? Not all women are enablers, but enough are that it can plague most women when it comes to dating. So before you complain about anything I posted being unfair, consider the fact that the dating world is skewed in your favor.

And if it isn't, then that sounds like a personal problem to me.

Equality doesn't to the dating world for the most part, but it sure as hell does in mine.

Last edited by ATG5; 06-26-2013 at 12:04 AM..

Old 06-25-2013, 11:26 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
I freak out if too much interest is shown too quickly. Some guys act like a Chihuaha humping a leg.
And here I was thinking that when that brown haired beauty from the park called me a Chihuahua it was a compliment.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:42 PM

845 posts, read 1,349,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, I disagree... men hold the exact same power. Can't force a man to be in a relationship either. Can't force a man to be with a woman after she 'puts out', can't force a man to be with a woman he doesn't find attractive or force him to give her a real chance.

I mean, as a woman who has wanted a relationship with many men who have all turned her down, I know both sexes hold just about equal power in that respect.

ETA: Actually, in retrospect you're also assuming that all men want relationships, when in my experience most men just want to sleep around or hook up with as many women as possible...so really, the MEN are the gatekeepers for relationships if you really think about it.
Ok, I can see it that way, Jet. I will add though, women are the Gatekeeper of other things. I'm referring mostly to sex, of course.

A women can always say "yes or no" to sex but i believe guys hold the go/no-go for an actual relationship.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:30 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
i.e., Men say "would you like to go out/have dinner sometime/be in a relationship?" Women either say "Yes" or "No" (but much more often -- as in exactly 97%+ of the time -- it has been a "No", in my own personal experience, and in my attempts at being able to successfully get into a relationship. Of the many, many women I was ever romantically interested in, throughout my life, only 2-3 said "Yes", to a relationship with me). Hence, women being the "gatekeepers".
One can not "keep" the gate if no one approaches it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships