Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 04:02 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Aren't the "female condoms" like wrapping the entire area, inside and out, in Saran Wrap?
::laughing::

No. I guess you mean you have never seen one?

Do you know how a diaphragm or Instead cup fits? They have a soft, flexible ring like that, and another soft ring on the outside to hold the shape. Otherwise they are a bit like a tiny bread bag .

Quote:
Men prefer those?? They can't do much for women, except protect from pregnancy & STI's. I'd imagine they really kill sensation. But they seem like the only truly "safe sex" method. FWIW.
Oh, many women love them, because the outer ring can be positioned to provide very nice stimulation. And the inside sensation... well, it's a bit like a traditional condom for the woman, but much better for the man. It's not tight (it shapes itself to her insides) and you can put lube inside. I guess for a man it is a bit more like naked?

They are funny looking though; I could not get past that. Apparently some men find the look aesthetically pleasing, but I felt like an idjit. Of course you could say the same for traditional condoms: funny looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 04:12 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Well, I was exaggerating for effect. "Bread bag" will do, as a descriptor. Still, they're the only bc that really is an effective STI barrier. Oral sex is still a pathway, though.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, I was exaggerating for effect. "Bread bag" will do, as a descriptor. Still, they're the only bc that really is an effective STI barrier.
Are they better than the old fashioned kind? I mean, they cover a tiny bit more area... is there some other factor I don't realise?

Quote:
Oral sex is still a pathway, though.
Careful, you're gonna get called sex-negative! If they know that phrase.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
I don't know the phrase "sex-negative" myself, I'll google it.

I can't see a situation in which we were getting hot and heavy and didn't have the self-control not to do, ahem, "other things" instead. That's just basic responsibility, IMO. I mean does it have to be penetrative sex? In my opinion, it doesn't, but obviously that's just my POV. Everyone is different.

And as one poster pointed out, there's always masturbation.

Actually, I can't imagine a situation where I would let myself get hot and heavy with someone in the first place when I didn't know for sure that one of us had birth control. A little suspense can make the final result super-hot.

The last time I can think of a similar situation was in high school, when were didn't all walk around with condoms or on the pill but we always seemed to wind up at parties, and there would be some heavy-duty making out going on. But as an adult? No.

Yes, withdrawal is an option but obviously it's not 100%. Part of the reason is self-control once the man does get to that point (older men are better at this, as a rule). Part of it is physiological: the man can neither control pre-ejaculate nor usually can even sense that it's happening. And although pre-ejaculate probably doesn't contain enough quantity of sperm to cause a pregnancy (it's been found more and more that semen includes "helper" sperm and that they perform an important role), plus the fact that there isn't the force of an ejaculation, it does happen, statistically. No, if I absolutely could not fathom the idea of a pregnancy at the moment, I could NOT relax in a planned withdrawal session.

I personally would feel very irresponsible if pregnancy were catastrophic but I were either just rolling the dice or depending upon the withdrawal method.

Last edited by JerZ; 06-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: ugh! grammar and flow

Old 06-28-2013, 04:33 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Given that she's on BC, why wouldn't you?
I won't claim to speak for Dan, but there can be other fun places to finish, you know!

Plus, though I'm not sure if this has been studied, I would assume that even if the woman is on a contraceptive, you can probably still reduce your odds of pregnancy further by not...you know...dumping millions of swimmers inside of her...since no contraceptive is 100% effective.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:00 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Thanks . But I am confused by your reference to religion -- could you explain?
No prob, the religion bit has to do with women feeling resigned to having kids 'whenever' to satisfy the family and faith side of their lives... or sumpin like that.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Given that she's on BC, why wouldn't you?

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
I guess I shouldn't say "never." Maybe once every few months I do.

How do I put it nicely. After she finishes, I'm more of an ass guy lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-28-2013, 06:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I guess I shouldn't say "never." Maybe once every few months I do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-28-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
No prob, the religion bit has to do with women feeling resigned to having kids 'whenever' to satisfy the family and faith side of their lives... or sumpin like that.
Oh. My religion is not like that .

Old 06-28-2013, 07:42 PM

2,502 posts, read 4,438,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Excellent!!!! She sounds like a keeper!

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships