Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 09:11 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
Do you simply snap your fingers or move on?
No. I put Nair in his shampoo bottle. Then I simply snap my fingers and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 09:15 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No. I put Nair in his shampoo bottle. Then I simply snap my fingers and move on.
Damn! I wish I would have thought of that!

Old 06-29-2013, 09:17 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Ive been too trusting many times.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:18 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,850 times
I was hurt when my ex cheated on me but really stupid when I decided to forgive and take the snivelling b*****d back and surprise surprise he cheated again! it took me a LONG time to trust again but I have been with my now BF for a little over ten years and am quite happy that I eventually did accept that all men aren't lying cheating scumbags.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:21 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,478 times
I felt like I was not good enough. In reality, the cheater was the one who wasn't good enough.

Is it really that challenging to keep your knickers on?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconess View Post
Damn! I wish I would have thought of that!

Raw shrimp in strategic places in his closet and around his abode, too. It goes back to the joke about shrimp in the curtain rods. A friend of mine actually did this when she knew she was about to get laid off after 17 years on the job. She put them in the plants all around her boss's office. She called it Project Prawn.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:33 PM

Default But seriously...

The one person I know who cheated on me refused to return my stuff. He was a Marine. I wrote a nice letter to his XO. His XO liked me. His XO called me. His XO was not happy. I got my stuff back. Lt. Cheater got to go chip rust in a tin can in the middle of the Pacific ocean for six months on a tour he absolutely did not want, where, and I quote the XO, "he'll have plenty of time to think about his behavior." Thank you, sail through, don't trip over the Equator!

Old 06-29-2013, 10:36 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,781 times
This coming month marks my 1 year post-being cheated on.

She was my only friend, and I was very surprised after 10 years of being together/married. Also that I just moved 1,200 miles away from my family to be with her, and just bought a house together.

I cried, felt betrayed and alone, and began to see her completely different.

I didn't have family to confide in or retreat to, so it was just me.

Emotionally it hurt, but logically I knew I would be alright. I'm only 27, and knew there would be another person/marriage/kids in my future - I just always assumed it would be with her. That's the part that hurt and that I spent most time on.

She got with another guy, became pregnant. I didn't talk with her for about 6 months. But I knew ignoring the feelings/person isn't being healed, and that it's better to come to terms with it.

So we started talking, I saw her pregnant (and cried the first few times), and eventually it just connected - she was starting a family with someone else. Her and I would not be parents together, or share any of those experiences. And most importantly - I was free to find someone else and reshape my life how I wanted.

So that's where I am now.

She's deserving of a happy life, and I have no ill-will towards her.

Anger and dwelling on things is a choice, and not one I'm going to chose.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
This coming month marks my 1 year post-being cheated on.

She was my only friend, and I was very surprised after 10 years of being together/married. Also that I just moved 1,200 miles away from my family to be with her, and just bought a house together.

I cried, felt betrayed and alone, and began to see her completely different.

I didn't have family to confide in or retreat to, so it was just me.

Emotionally it hurt, but logically I knew I would be alright. I'm only 27, and knew there would be another person/marriage/kids in my future - I just always assumed it would be with her. That's the part that hurt and that I spent most time on.

She got with another guy, became pregnant. I didn't talk with her for about 6 months. But I knew ignoring the feelings/person isn't being healed, and that it's better to come to terms with it.

So we started talking, I saw her pregnant (and cried the first few times), and eventually it just connected - she was starting a family with someone else. Her and I would not be parents together, or share any of those experiences. And most importantly - I was free to find someone else and reshape my life how I wanted.

So that's where I am now.

She's deserving of a happy life, and I have no ill-will towards her.

Anger and dwelling on things is a choice, and not one I'm going to chose.
I remember your posts as you were going through it, and if memory serves correct, it was pretty traumatic. I'm glad you've found some healing. It really sounds like you've made peace with it, and are taking the wiser, healthier, more mature path. Best of luck to you in reshaping your life!

Old 06-29-2013, 11:10 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,966 times
If they meant something to you, you will undoubtedly hurt for a bit. But then you move on, and don't look back. And you remember what you learned in that relationship and use it to better yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships