Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 10:14 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,419 times

Advertisements

I was recently messaged by an older woman (She's in her mid 40's I'm in my mid 30's) on a non-free dating site. She told me that she travels to Seattle from SF for business a few times a month, and she flat out asked me if I was interested in meeting to see if we hit it off, as she's interested in a casual relationship. She's not married and has no kids according to here profile, and She appears to be quite fit and attractive for a woman her age. I have no problem with casual relationships, but I also wouldn't sleep with a married woman. Some things that made me suspicious was the fact that since we've been messaging she has said multiple times that she's looking for someone that is discrete, that only contacts her when she's in Seattle. She also wan'ts to meet at a different hotel than she is staying at, yet the hotel she is staying at is one of the nicest places in down town Seattle. What would you think, and what should I ask her to find out if she's actually attached when we meet next week? As I said before, I have no problem with a casual relationship, but nothing good comes from playing with married women, as it's both dangerous, and it's a total D-bag move. I have a friend that went down that road, and he literally had an angry husband stalking him for a few months that eventually led to an embarrassing confrontation at his work. No thanks.............lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 10:21 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I have a friend that went down that road, and he literally had an angry husband stalking him for a few months that eventually led to an embarrassing confrontation at his work. No thanks.............lol
He should have kicked your friends ass AND left his wife.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:23 AM

31,073 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Could be or maybe she's a Congress woman or some other high profile person and you don't make the cut to be seen with her in public. Is her face in her profile picture? I have met quite a few married women on the make in my life and most would not be putting their picture on a public site. Same probably applies if she's a high profile person too.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:25 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
If shes smoking hot, I'll take her word

I don't see why you just don't ask her if shes being honest about her relationship status? And I see nothing suspicious in her casual dating arrangements.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:27 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,239,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
He should have kicked the OP's friend's ass if the friend knew the woman was married.

There are many deceiving people out there who know how to keep their lives a secret. OP, I don't think there's a sure way of knowing unless she acts weird when she's not traveling. Would you be able to speak to her when she's home and not traveling? If weekends or weeknights are off limits then that should be your signal that most likely she's married.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
He should have kicked the OP's friend's ass if the friend knew the woman was married.

Why? The woman is the one cheating, not the man if he's unmarried.

(We're assuming it is married and cheating, not married and in an open relationship)

Old 04-01-2014, 10:32 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,262 times
My first thought was also high-profiled or she's traveling with co-workers/colleagues and wants to keep this on the down low as it's her personal business and people like to talk.

She could be involved with someone in SF, or she could also want this to be strictly when she's in Seattle, like she said, and doesn't want to risk it becoming an LDR by having contact when she's at home.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
He did leave his wife, and had my friend not been in a public place an altercation would have probably occurred according to him. Funny thing about it was that the guy was also having an affair.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Could be or maybe she's a Congress woman or some other high profile person and you don't make the cut to be seen with her in public. Is her face in her profile picture? I have met quite a few married women on the make in my life and most would not be putting their picture on a public site. Same probably applies if she's a high profile person too.
She's not. She's a high up for a food chain that I won't disclose on a public forum. According to her profile she does better than I do, but she's not what I would consider super Wealthy.

her main pic is at a side angle so you can't directly see her face, but her other pics are clear face pics and a couple full body pics of her working out.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:42 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Ask her. IME, a surprising number or would-be-cheaters will tell the truth if you ask them directly, and in a supportive, non-accusing tone.

It works on men, anyway. Though men may be more desperate for support, in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships