Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 08:40 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times

Advertisements

Just curious.

Your thoughts?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 08:44 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,786 times
I think women are less likely to cheat in general, although our current progress in society with women gaining more independence and power might show otherwise (that's a good thing).

Concerning married vs. non-married, I would only assume married are less likely, but it's hard to quantify something like this.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:47 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
A segment of unmarried women have no one to cheat on, so I'm assuming you're not counting them.

My guess is that married women cheat less. I've read figured that something like 50% of married women (and men) have had at least one extramarital affair, so I'm not claiming that married women don't cheat. But all things being equal, I can't imagine why a married woman would be more likely to cheat than a single woman, so my guess is no.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:50 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Just curious.

Your thoughts?
By definition a single person is a single person. Either you are married or you are not. A single person cannot cheat because there are no VOWS to cheat on. That is what the whole damn thing is about.

Girlfriends, live-ins, fiancees, etc., have nothing to say about their boyfriends seeing other people because THEY AREN'T MARRIED. And vice versa.

The concept of unmarried people having any commitment is a little far-fetched, if you ask me. This is WHY people get married, so they commit to each other for life. i.e. no cheating.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-13-2011, 09:07 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
By definition a single person is a single person. Either you are married or you are not. A single person cannot cheat because there are no VOWS to cheat on. That is what the whole damn thing is about.

Girlfriends, live-ins, fiancees, etc., have nothing to say about their boyfriends seeing other people because THEY AREN'T MARRIED. And vice versa.

The concept of unmarried people having any commitment is a little far-fetched, if you ask me. This is WHY people get married, so they commit to each other for life. i.e. no cheating.

20yrsinBranson
He never mentioned single people, it's common sense that single people can't cheat.

And did you just essentially say that non-married couples can't commit? By that logic, anyone that wants to commit should be married......I should have been married at 20, then.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:07 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
Girlfriends and fiancees may not be married but they can still be in committed relationships. It doesn't mean they are single. Also, you cheat on the person, not just the vows.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
I was referring to Woman that are in a relationship that are not married.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:44 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Unhappy in the relationship women, are more likely to cheat, married or not-doesn't make that much difference.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:45 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
If you're not married, I'm not sure how it's cheating.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
A segment of unmarried women have no one to cheat on, so I'm assuming you're not counting them.

My guess is that married women cheat less. I've read figured that something like 50% of married women (and men) have had at least one extramarital affair, so I'm not claiming that married women don't cheat. But all things being equal, I can't imagine why a married woman would be more likely to cheat than a single woman, so my guess is no.
50% chance of divorce... 50% chance of being cheated on (and let's hope the 'other lover' didn't have any STIs)... who the hell would get married these days?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships